Estimated Read Time : 5:00
TurboTax will be the best pick if you are experiencing issues while filing tax returns and looking for the perfect software. Also, it is a top-rated tax preparation software that helps businesses to file their tax returns easily. However, if you want to get your hands on the latest features of the taxation software, then you must upgrade TurboTax to the recently launched version.
Wondering how to upgrade the TurboTax software and looking for detailed instructions? If yes, then don’t panic; go through this entire post attentively. In this post, we have discussed why you need to upgrade the TurboTax software and how you can upgrade it to the newly launched version.
Why is it necessary to upgrade the TurboTax to the latest version?
There are numerous reasons due to which it is necessary to upgrade TurboTax to the newly launched version. Below we have discussed all such reasons; go through them.
- You can get top-notch and robust security features with the upgraded version of the TurboTax software. With advanced security features, you can safeguard your data from being exploited or misused by hackers.
- At times, it has been found that users might face issues while using the TurboTax software due to technical issues or glitches. These issues might evoke while accessing the unsupported version of the software. In that scenario, it is crucial to have the newly launched version of the TurboTax to avoid such issues.
- Despite the security reasons, the users also need to upgrade the software for some other benefits. Just by upgrading the TurboTax software, you can access the advanced and latest features launched by the software. Thus, it will enhance the tax-filing experience using the TurboTax software.
- Last but not least, by upgrading the software, you can avail the best technical support assistance if you get stuck at any point while using the software.
System Requirements to Upgrade TurboTax software
The users must fulfill the minimum system requirements to work on the TurboTax software smoothly. Therefore, to upgrade TurboTax from the lower version to the newly launched version, you need to fulfill the basic system specifications, which are discussed below;
Operating System Requirement:
To run the TurboTax software smoothly, you must have an operating system such as Windows 8.1 (or higher), Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 8.0/8.1. Moreover, you can also install it on Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later). On the other hand, the TurboTax software works on the Mac operating system such as macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, macOS Mojave 10.14 or later, macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later, and macOS X v.10.12 or later (64-bit required).
Best Suited Processor:
Windows users must ensure that their system must have a processor of Pentium 4 or Athlon or the latest version available. At the same time, Mac users must have the multi-core Intel Processor with 64-GB support.
Hard Disk Space:–
Make sure your system has the hard disk space for up to 1 GB to install the TurboTax application. For the 2019 version, ensure that your system must have space of up to 2 GB, and 650 MB for the 2018 version. To run the TurboTax software smoothly on the Mac device, ensure that the system must have a minimum of 1 GB of the hard disk space.
Windows Users must ensure that the system must have a minimum of 2 GB RAM of the 2019-20 version. Moreover, your system must have 1 GB RAM. Whereas, it is suggested that the Mac users must have 2 GB of RAM.
Speed of Internet Connection:
The Windows users must ensure that they have 1 Mbps modem. Moreover, a high-speed internet connection is necessary for the activation of the product and for updating the software. On the other hand, Mac users must have a 1 Mbps of Modem, which is required for product activation, software updates, and access to some other online features.
The Windows PC users must have the screen resolution of 1024 x 768. On the other hand, the Mac users also have the 1024 x 768.
Stepwise Instructions to Upgrade TurboTax For Windows Users
Dial our Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
Are you struggling while upgrading TurboTax from the lower version to the latest version? Now, your search is over, as we have listed some of the simple steps to upgrade the tax-filing software on the Windows PC easily.
- Initially, open your tax return in the TurboTax software and choose the Upgrade TurboTax option. You will locate this option at the bottom of the screen. (Note: If you cannot search for the Upgrade option, then tap on the Help menu from the top menu).
- Now, from the upcoming window, choose the version in which you want to upgrade your tax filing software.
- After picking the version of your choice, click on the Upgrade Now option.
- Thereafter, go through the steps described on the screen and then proceed further with purchasing the upgrade.
- Once the process is over, resume working on the tax return. You don’t have to begin from scratch to pursue your ongoing task in the TurboTax software.
Stepwise Instructions to Upgrade to higher version of TurboTax Online
Below we have listed some of the simple steps using which you can upgrade to the newly launched version of TurboTax Online.
- To initiate the process, ensure that you have logged in to your TurboTax account and have opened your tax return on your system.
- If you can’t find the Sign In option, choose the Upgrade option from the menu.
- Now, you have to pick the version you want to upgrade the application from the list of options available.
- As a result, you will be asked to pay if you wish to print or e-file your tax returns. If you want to pay the taxes in advance, you can also do that.
- Move to the File menu and then opt for the Start or Revisit option located behind the Review your Order option.
- Consequently, you will be displayed with a summary of your order. Further, choose View Payment Options.
- You have to move further until you see the “How would you like to pay for TurboTax?” screen. You must opt for the Pay with Credit Card option from the same screen.
- Now, you must add your credit card details and then hit the Continue button.
- Once you have paid all your taxes in the TurboTax software, you can visit the Tax Home to utilize your upgraded features.
Stepwise Instructions to Upgrade TurboTax Full Service
In TurboTax Full Service, the support experts will prepare, sign, file your tax return in TurboTax after receiving all the tax documents and details. However, if you want to upgrade TurboTax Full Service to the newly launched version, go through the below steps.
- Before initiating the process, ensure that you have successfully signed into your TurboTax account with the correct login credentials. Also, ensure that you have opened your tax return on your system.
- Afterwards, choose the “Do my taxes for me” option. If you cannot search for this option, Upgrade from the menu.
- For instance, if you cannot locate the menu, then choose the menu icon from the toolbar.
- In the end, you have to pick the version you want to upgrade your TurboTax software. This will upgrade the TurboTax Full service so that you can get your hands on the top-notch and enhanced features of the TurboTax.
Reasons Why you can’t get the Upgrade option in TurboTax Online
There are numerous reasons why users won’t see the Upgrade option in Turbotax Online. We have discussed some of the causes below, have a look on them:
- It might be possible that you aren’t on your tax return. To avoid such issues, login to your TurboTax account, and you will get the Upgrade option at the left side of the screen.
- Sometimes, the issue might arise when you login to TurboTax using your mobile device.
- If you notice that the Upgrade option is grey, it reflects that you are already using the upgraded version of the TurboTax software. In that scenario, you aren’t require to upgrade the application to the newly launched version.
- The users might encounter the error if your window isn’t maximized. If that’s the case, you will locate the Upgrade option in the upper left menu.
- Another reason may be that you haven’t entered the personal details and started filing the 2021 tax return in TurboTax.
- Moreover, it may also arise if you have filed the TurboTax 2021 tax return. In that scenario, choose the Tax Tools option from the left menu. Then, pick the Print Center > Print, Save or preview this year’s return. Further, you must opt for the Pay Now option and then go through the on-screen instructions to pay the tax return.
Wrapping It Up!!
By now, we hope you have understood how to upgrade TurboTax from the lower version to the higher version. However, if you still witnessed any issues while upgrading the software to the newly launched version, then feel free to have a one-to-one conversation with our experts. You can reach out to our TurboTax professionals via email or live chat facility.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to upgrade or switch to a higher version of the TurboTax application, let’s say from TurboTax Free File to TurboTax premier, a few simple steps can help you accomplish this task. Log into your TurboTax account in the first place and navigate to the Upgrade option and follow the on-screen instructions.
To get started with the TurboTax application, you need to choose the right product based on your tax filing needs. After choosing, install and update the product with your filing information. You may use the program’s tools that can help you explore and learn about the products before you install them.
TurboTax Basic is suitable for users having basic tax filing needs. On the other hand, the deluxe edition of TurboTax software is right for users who are looking for deductions related to their job or home ownership. Hence, the selection of TurboTax products is based on your specific tax filing requirements.
Yes! A user needs to purchase TurboTax every year. The reason behind the annual purchase is that it has no other way to update your previous year’s tax software. For a new year of tax filing, you need to purchase a newer version of the software. The pricing may vary based on the products you want to use.
If you want to switch back to the free version of the program from TurboTax Deluxe, you need to use the Clear and Start Over feature of the program. However, you need to keep in mind that different version of the TurboTax application handles different tax scenarios and their associated forms.
You can not file your taxes with TurboTax 2021. After the completion of a year, you will need to purchase the new software to file your taxes. You need to receive the last checks for the fiscal year 2021, and then you will have to utilize TurboTax 2022 for your tax filing.
Yes! Upgrading the TurboTax application comes with a myriad of advantages. The product you are upgrading to will help you with your different tax filing needs. Besides, you can fill out the associated forms and make your tax filing a smooth sail. However, you need to choose a suitable product before you upgrade.
There are several reasons that can prevent you from accessing the Upgrade option from within the program. To avoid it, you need to keep a few essential things in mind. For instance, don’t upgrade using your mobile device. Make sure that the option is not grayed out. Maximize your window to see the Upgrade option clearly.
If you’re using a Desktop and want to upgrade TurboTax, a few simple steps can help you to accomplish this task. Open TurboTax in the first place and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. Mac users can simply quit and reopen TurboTax, and they can get to see an available update.