Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Need help setting up Netgear WNR2000 Router? Well, here we are going to provide all the information through which you can easily set up your Netgear Router with the system. With the help of the Netgear WNR2000 Router, you can utilize high-speed internet on various devices. However, users initially need some assistance while setting up the router as it includes some technical aspects which each and every person face difficulty understanding. Thus for these users, we have provided a simple guide with the help of which you can easily set up Netgear WNR2000 Router and enjoy high-speed internet. Read the article further to know more about Netgear Router.
How to Enable Port Forwarding on Netgear Nighthawk Router?
About Netgear WNR2000 Router
Netgear WNR2000 is the most preferred router device available for users. Through this, you can enjoy hassle-free high-speed internet on any number of wireless devices. With a download speed of 300 Mbps, you can enjoy various online amenities like gaming, media, and other experience at high speed. Also
Netgear WNR2000 Router is secured with firewall protection and WPA/WPA2 encryption which keeps your data safe and secure.
Setup Netgear WNR2000 Router Wirelessly using Netgear Smart Wizard
First, you need to check the version of your Netgear WNR2000 Router because some versions can be installed through Smart Wizard only. After checking your router specification, disconnect your old router with the modem, and after that, follow the given steps:
Connect your Netgear WNR2000 Router
- First of all, you need to connect your Netgear router to the modem through an Ethernet Cable.
- Now switch on the power button and wait for the LED light to glow.
- Now, wait for another minute until your router boot up which will be indicated with all the LEDs lights turned on.
Configure your Netgear WNR2000 router.
After that you have connected your router, you need to configure it, which you can do with a Laptop or through any other device wirelessly. To manually configure router, you need to connect it with an ethernet cable. For wireless setup, you need to follow the given steps:
- Open your device and look out for an active connection in the Wi-Fi option.
- Select the “NETGEAR” option in the available network and click on “Connect to the network without setting it up.”
- Now open the web browser, and there, enter “www.routerlogin.com” or “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. For authentication, type default credentials (username: admin, password: password).
- This will open the Netgear Smart Wizard. There on the left-hand side, you will find the option “Setup Wizard” click on it and choose the option “Yes,” and click Next.
- After that, the setup wizard will detect the connection type. Once detected, you need to click “Next” and then “Apply”.
- You can set the network credentials in the wireless settings like Network Name, Password, and Security options.
- Now connect again with the Router from the available network with a security key.
You need to keep your router updated with the latest firmware. For that, you need to open the smart wizard, and there on the left-hand side, you can find the upgrade option.
Setup Netgear as Repeater
You can also set up your Netgear WNR200 as a repeater, for which the steps are listed below:
- Connect your Netgear router and computer with an ethernet.
- Now go to the page “www.routerlogin.net” or “192.168.1.1”. Provide the default credentials.
- Open the wireless setting and fill out the required credentials.
- First, you need to select WEP from the security options for which you need to have a security key.
- Click on the ADVANCED tab and then follow the given route:
- Now Enable the Wireless Repeating Function. Select the “Radio” button.
- Type the IP Address in the repeater IP Address.
- Enter the MAC address in the Base Station MAC Address.
- You can Disable Wireless Client in case you want to use the extender router only as Ethernet Wired Cable.
Common Issues Faced by the Users While Setting up Netgear WNR2000
Although setting up a router is an easy process and with Netgear Smart Wizard, it has become swift through which users do not need to contact support and can easily enjoy high-speed internet. However, users sometimes face a lot of issues while setting up a router, some of which are listed below:
Issue While Accessing Netgear Smart Wizard
Sometimes, users are unable to open the webpage of Netgear Smart Wizard. The possible reason for that is listed below:
- Unable to access the webpage with address “192.168.1.1”
- Do not remember the default credentials to log in to the Netgear Smart Wizard.
- Having trouble while upgrading the Netgear Router Firmware.
- Cannot reset Netgear Router settings.
Common Issues While Using Netgear WNR2000 Router
After setting up Netgear WNR200, there are some common problems that users encounter while using it. Some of the common problems faced by the user with their WNR2000 router are listed below:
- Cannot remember the Netgear WNR2000 router password while trying to connect with it.
- Netgear WNR2000 router orange light issue.
- User sometimes faces trouble while connecting the router with the modem.
- Netgear WNR2000 Router Errror 651.
- Having issues while using VPN on Netgear Router.
Basic Precautions or Troubleshooting you need to do when you are using Netgear WNR2000 Router
Basic Measures for Router’s Performance
Some basic measures that users can take from their side to ensure that the router is working properly are as follows:
- Ensure that all the cables and supplies are properly connected and are not damaged.
- There should be a proper distance between the router and the modem, which might affect the internet speed.
- You need to provide a constant power supply to the router to ensure that it is properly. Supplying low or high voltage than the required amount can damage the router or modem.
- In case you are not been using the internet for a long time, make sure that you have switched off the modem and router and then disconnected them.
- While using high-speed internet with a Netgear WNR2000 router, we recommend you disable all other proxy servers and delete unusual caches.
Wrapping it Up
Now that we have provided all the necessary information which you are going to need when you setup the WNR2000 router, we hope you don’t experience any issues during the setup. Make sure that all the hardware used in connecting the router to the modem and device is in good condition. Also, remember the credentials to access the Netgear Smart Wizard. In case you have a query or need any assistance while setting Netgear Router, we recommend you contact the number given below. Also, you can contact us on the Live chat option, to which we will revert to the query within the given time.