Antivirus Customer Service
What is Antivirus Software?
This software is known for troubleshooting, detecting, and repairing viruses, malware, and other trojans. Since the laptop or system is connected to the internet so it has the opportunity to get infected and even smartphones are also getting infected.
Several antivirus software like Avast, AVG, McAfee, Norton, etc. can assist you in saving your devices from all types of threats. Users have downloaded to setup file this antivirus file and then they have established it on their system. Established users can utilize it to scan your system. After the scan result, you can remove the threat from your system.
Users face errors while using Antivirus software are inappropriate installation of antivirus software, can’t upgrade the antivirus, antivirus not accessing or scanning, deactivating antivirus software, activate the antivirus, and many errors. This issue can be rectified by calling Antivirus Technical Support Number and a certified professional will reply to your call and will guide you with appropriate assistance.
Antivirus software is also referred to as antivirus spyware, a computer program used to search, restrict and eliminate any malware attack in your computer or device. Earlier it was installed to remove viruses from your system but later on, it was modified to protect the computer from other serious threats. The latest antivirus version can secure users from the malicious browser, ransomware, rootkits, etc. Few products also include protection for other computer damage, like infected URLs, spam, scam, and phishing attacks.
What is the Difference Between Malware and Virus?
Malware and virus are often used reciprocally. However, both are separated technically from each other. So, if you are talking about malware and virus, it is a significant question.
A malware is referred to as malicious software irrespective of its working, purpose, and distribution. A virus is called a specific software that is activated by simply entering code into other programs. Computer viruses are popular since the initiation of the commercial internet. This was created in 1982 for the Apple II and other versions are quickly followed.
Viruses migrated during the authorization files and programs and are distributed through infected websites, flash drives, and emails. Users can become a victim when they access the infected application or file. Once it gets activated, a virus may remove or encrypt files, change applications, or deactivated system functions.
What Are the Examples of Malware V/S Viruses?
When you wish to know about virus types, three examples of are explaining about it.
1 : The file infector can receive the damaged or corrupted file and spread it through a network.
2 : Macro viruses utilize the benefits of programs that assist macros. Macro viruses arrive like Word or Excel documents through spam email or a zipped attachment. Misguided files will motivate users to open them and activate the viruses. They can be old terms but malware and viruses can still damage your files and systems.
3 : Polymorphic viruses can change their code. The virus reproduces and encrypts itself by modifying its code to avoid detection through antivirus programs.
Malware comprises of various types of malicious software including viruses that may target certain files and programs. Some objectives of malware are given below.
- Dupe a victim by asking their personal data for identity theft
- Swipe a consumer credit card or other financial data
- Imagine about control over various computers to establish no threats or malware attacks against other networks
- Infecting computers and ask them to pay the ransom through bitcoin or cryptocurrencies.
Four Types of Malware
Apart from viruses, various types of malware can infect your laptops, desktops, smartphones, and servers. Malware categories are defined below.
1. Worms – A worm is loneliness malware that has the capability of self-reproduction and infects the network. A malware expands over the server by damaging the susceptibility of the infected system or reaching as an attachment through spam email via licensing the file. Unfortunately, it is reproduced quickly and infects the network.
2. Ransomware – From the name, it is displayed, it demands from users to pay ransom money through bitcoin or cryptocurrencies to retain access over their system or network. The latest category of malware is ransomware that was highlighted during 2016 and 2017 and ransomware has encrypted into the systems of various industries and millions of users worldwide.
3. Scareware – Multiple desktop users have faced scareware that efforts to make the victim afraid for purchasing inessential software and offering their financial data. Scareware blinks over a desktop with flashing images or loud alarms provoking that your system is now infected. It requests the users simply to enter their credit card number and download a fake antivirus program.
4. Adware and Spyware – Adware displays unrequired ads at the user’s system and spyware gathers confidential data about the user. Spyware may take out the details of the user’s computer, information about browsers history, susceptibility for further attacks, or the user’s keystrokes. Spyware that collects keystrokes is known as a keylogger. Keyloggers take users’ account details, debit and credit cards information, passwords, and other sensitive details that require logging in to your account.
There are few categories of Antivirus given below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Malware is malicious software and virus is one of its types. Many users consider viruses more harmful to their systems than malware. The virus is a part of malicious software.
Procedures to remove viruses and other malware from Android devices
- Shut off the phone and resume it in safe mode. Click the power button to access the switch-off options.
- Uninstall the doubtful application
- Observe for other infected applications
- Install a strong mobile security application on your Android phone.
Worms are not called viruses. Viruses require an operating system or host computer. The worm is often transferred via file-sharing networks, information-transport features, email attachments, or by pressing links to malicious websites.
If your android device is infected with malware
- A surprise appearance of options with striking ads
- A puzzling increment in data usage
- Unexpected charges on your bill
- The battery slows down quickly
- Your contacts receive astonishing emails and texts from your phone
- Your mobile is hot
- Never download such applications