Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Are you tired of viewing multiple or duplicate bank transactions in your QuickBooks desktop account? In QuickBooks desktop, users can easily remove duplicate bank transactions from their feed. But, if you need to learn how to delete duplicate transactions in the QuickBooks desktop application, then you are at the right place. This blog will provide you with complete information about how to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks.
“Avail immediate help from QuickBooks experts in deleting duplicate transactions by calling our experts .”
Why May You See Duplicate Entries in QuickBooks Desktop?
Let’s take a look at the list of possible reasons which lead to double entry in QuickBooks desktop accounting software;
- Duplicate entries in QuickBooks can be caused during importing lists and transactions of a company file. In many cases, QuickBooks rebuild data utility tool can create double transactions in QuickBooks.
- In the QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) system, if certain details are missing, it can create double entries.
- Automatic update features and manually entering transactions can lead to duplicate entries in QuickBooks desktop accounts.
How to View Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop?
Given below are the steps that you can perform to apply filters to view duplicate transactions on QuickBooks desktop;
- Firstly, navigate to the bank account on the QuickBooks desktop, where you can access the duplicate transaction issue.
- Click on the “Gear” icon and select the “Chart of Accounts” option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “View Register” option available next to the bank option.
- After that, click on the “Filter” menu option to open it, and then apply the filters to search for specific month or quarter transactions.
- Click on the “Payment” or “Deposit” option. Here, you can easily sort the lists by their amounts.
- Sub-sorting of the transactions by date will be done automatically.
How to Delete Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks Side-by-Side Mode?
Here are the steps that you can follow to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks desktop in side-by-side mode;
- First, click on the “Banking” menu option, and select the “Bank Feeds” option.
- Thereon, select the “Bank Feeds Center,” then navigate to the “Items Reviewed” section, and choose the account where you want to remove transactions.
- After that, click on the “Items to Delete” option and select the transactions you want to delete.
- Now, click on the “Delete Selected” option, and click on the “Yes” option to confirm.
Note: In case you have already matched your statement, you have to choose the “Select all downloaded transactions older than” option, and select the date to the last statement’s end date. Then, you have to click on the “Delete Selected” option.
How to Delete Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks in Register Mode?
In the register mode, users can easily see the register on the top of their desktop screen and easily find the downloaded transactions at the bottom. If you wish to delete the transactions that don’t match, you must delete the entire statement.
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks desktop on your device, and navigate to the “Banking” menu option.
- Thereon, select the “Bank Feeds” option, and navigate to the “Bank Feeds Center.”
- Now, you have to search and select the statement from the items received from the Financial Institutions section, followed by a click on the “View” option.
- After that, you have to match the appropriate transactions and then click on the “Done” option to match them.
- Moving ahead, as the Not Finished Matching screen appears on the screen, then click on the “Yes” option, and then you will be navigated toward the Online Banking Center.
- At last, you have to search and select the same statement from the items received from the Financial Institutions section and click on the “Delete” option.
Deleting the statements will help you to prevent unwanted transactions from appearing the next time you download a statement. If you don’t delete the matched statement, the unmatched transactions will keep appearing.
How to Recover the Transactions Deleted Accidentally?
In case if you have deleted any transaction by mistake and looking for a procedure through which you can recover it, then given below are the steps that you can follow to recover the deleted transactions;
- First and foremost, you must select the “Transactions” option from the menu, available on the left side of the screen.
- After that, click on the “Excluded” tab option.
- Thereon, users can see a list of all the transactions along with a checkbox.
- Here, you must select all the checkboxes for the transactions you want to include.
- Once you are done with the above steps, navigate to the “Batch Actions” drop-down menu and click on the “Undo” option.
You have successfully recovered the deleted transactions in your QuickBooks desktop application by performing the steps mentioned above.
In this blog, we have tried our best to deliver authentic and relevant information that can help you delete duplicate transactions on your QuickBooks desktop. If you still need any help related to your QuickBooks desktop account, you can get in touch with our professional QuickBooks experts. Our experts are available 24/7 at the help desk to deliver the best possible solution for your queries.