Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Sometimes PDF Files Won’t Open on windows 10 and Facing issues while opening files on your Windows 10 devices is common. If you are the same issues, then your Online search for an answer ends here.
It’s really frustrating when you try to open a PDF File, but it won’t open. This can happen due to many reasons, and one of them is your device having an outdated Adobe Reader. Thus the easiest way to fix the issue is by updating your software. However, if you want to know more about it, read this article and grab your Answer.
Looking for professional help to resolve the “PDF Files won’t Open” Error? Ring us at +1-855-362-0770 and talk to our professionals to get immediate assistance for your query.
What are the Proven Causes Behind PDF Files not Opening issue in Windows 10?
Let’s dive into the reasons why Can’t you Open Files in Windows 10:
- Presence of Outdated Acrobat or Adobe Reader in your system
- PDF file that is not actually created is using the Adobe Programs.
- Corruption in the PDF File itself.
- Damage while downloading the Acrobat or Adobe Reader software.
- Presence of PDFs, which have Malicious data.
- The incorrect setting, i.e., you are using the Adobe Reader in protected mode.
- Utilization of an incompatible software for PDF File creation.
Tailored Tricks to Fix PDF Files not Opening in Windows 10
Now, after collecting ample information related to the problem, we can proceed further with PDF Files won’t Open Error in Windows 10 solution:
Method 1: Install the Newly Launched Version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
It might be possible that you are using an outdated version of Adobe Reader, which is provoking PDF Files won’t Open Error in your Windows 10. Thus fix it by updating your software to its latest version:
- Open Adobe Reader in your system, and click on the Help button present near the toolbar menu.
- Now hit the Check for Updates option; it will update your Adobe Reader software on its own.
- Now, launch File again, and see if the issue s fixed.
Method 2: Make Modifications in the Adobe Acrobat setting
In case you have activated Sandbox Protection mode in your Adobe Acrobat software, you might face PDF Files won’t open issue in windows 10.
- Initially, you have to open Adobe Acrobat Reader and hit on the Edit button.
- Now click on Preferences, and tap Security (Enhanced) menu from the categories available on the left panel.
- Next, from the Sandbox Protection section, you have to unmark the Enabled Protected Mode in the startup box.
- Now click on the Yes option to save the changes.
Method 3: Delete & Reinstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader
In case the above solutions are not useful for you and you still Can’t Open Files in Windows 10. You might have done something wrong while installing the software. Thus delete it and reinstall. One can reinstall the Acrobat software with the help of the application itself.
>You just have to select the Help option and try to Repair Installation.
However, if this also doesn’t work for you, then delete the software from your system, and install it again from the official website of Adobe.
Method 4: Verify if the PDF File is Damaged
In case the PDF file is generated using the malfunctioning program, then you will receive it in damaged form, and because of that, you might not be able to open the PDF file in your Windows 10. Apart from that, you may receive a file having corrupted data. This mainly happens because the File is transferred via a flash drive or website.
Thus, you have to try to open some another file and check if you are facing the same issue with that as well. If not, then may the problem is not in your system or Adobe Reader but in File itself. So, in such an instance, you have to ask the person to send the File again.
Note: Suggest the sender to mail you the File in a different format.
Method 5: Install a Third-Party Universal File Opener
It is difficult to fix issues like corrupted windows files, as this problem can arise due to system errors as well. (Your system is Partially Broken.) So, in such cases, you can install tools like Restoro, which scans your complete system, to find the exact issue.
However, if you can’t resolve this issue, we will suggest you to use any Third-Party universal File Opener tool like FileViewer Plus for your Windows 10 devices. It helps you in opening almost 300 types of files very easily.
So, here we sum up this post and hope you might find it beneficial in resolving PDF Files that won’t Open Errors in Windows 10. However, if you still receive issues while resolving the Error, communicate with our professionals via the live chat facility.