A printer driver is just software that acts as a medium of communication between your computer and your printer, and specific devices do not have in-built printer drivers. If you are a Mac or Windows user looking to connect your HP Printer you may have to check online to download the printer driver software so that you can use your printer without any errors. The problem is that different operating systems and different printers use different printer drivers. This article will give you a general overview of the steps involved when you install an HP Printer driver. For a more detailed step-by-step guide to installing HP Printer drivers, you can call the HP printer customer service number and speak to a trained technician who will be able to provide you with additional tech support.
Steps to Install an HP Printer Driver without the CD
To download the correct HP printer driver, you need to know the correct printer model you are using. Once you identify the correct printer driver, you can follow the steps given below to install it on your device:
- Select the Apple or Windows icon on the main screen and navigate to the system preferences or Settings, respectively.
- Then you need to select the ‘Print and Scan’ or ‘Devices > Printer & Scanner’ option and open the list of devices.
- Go through the list of printer and search for your HP Printer
- If the name of the printer appears on the screen, click on the small minus sign beside it and delete the existing driver.
- Once your HP printer is deleted, select the plus sign
- Select ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ and click on the name of your HP Printer
- Go to the next page, click on the ‘Print using’ option, and select your HP printer model.
- Click on the ‘Download and Install’ to get the relevant printer driver on your device.
- When the installation of the printer driver is complete, close the window and reboot your system.
When your system turns on, give the command to your printer to print a test document to make sure that your printer driver is installed correctly. If you see any errors in the HP printer or if you could not complete the installation steps correctly. Then you can call the HP customer care number and reach out to a certified expert who can give you proper guidance so that you can finish setting up the printer.