Outlook is an excellent email program that Microsoft introduced. It allows you to set up more than one email account. So it would be challenging to manage two or three email accounts simultaneously. With this write-up, you will find all the required information about setting up an SBCGlobal email to Outlook. SBCGlobal is a noticeable and eye-catching email service, but it has lost its prominence after merging with Yahoo email. Suppose you have already used SBCGlobal email and now read this article and configure SBCGlobal to Outlook. To configure quickly, you must call the SBCGlobal customer support team to get appropriate solutions.
Troubleshooting Procedures to Setup SBCGlobal in Microsoft Outlook
To configure SBCGlobal email in Outlook, mention the address and the connection settings of incoming and outgoing mail servers. The address of the servers would change when SBCGlobal lost its presence, and this domain no longer remained usable. So, Outlook must couple and communicate with AT&T’s servers to find new messages in your mailbox and send the email.
Let’s move to the troubleshooting procedures that are given below
- Start with accessing the “MS Outlook” application and press on the “File” tab. Press on the “Add Account” to begin the account setup
- Tap on Manual Setup or Additional Server Types and press “Next.”
- Now, the “Service Page”, then select “POP” or “IMAP”, and then press “Next.”
- In the given text fields, type your “name” and “email address”, and from the “Account-type” drop-down menu, select “POP 3”.
- Type inbound.att.net in the “Incoming Mail Server” field, and type outbound.att.net in the “Outgoing Mail Server” field. In the login information, re-type your email address in the “Username” text and mention the sign-in password in the “Password” field. Once you’re completed, press on “More Settings.”
- Next, choose the “Outgoing Server” field and further choose “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox
- Now, choose the Advanced tab and examine “This Server Requires An Encrypted Connection”, type “995” in the “Incoming Server POP3” field
- Type 465 in the outgoing server field. From the drop-down menu, “Use the following type of encrypted connection” and choose SSL.
- Click “Ok” and then press “Next” to begin the configuration of the mailbox. Press on “Finish” and then press “Close” to exit the wizard.
What are the Email Settings to Configure SBCGlobal in MS Outlook
To configure the SBCGlobal email account with Outlook, use the correct SBCGlobal email settings for Outlook. Go to the IMAP and SMTP settings that you should use.
|IMAP Settings||SMTP Settings|
|IMAP Server||imap.mail.att.net||SMTP Server||smtp.mail.att.net|
|IMAP port||993||SMTP port||465|
|IMAP security||SSL/TLS||SMTP security||SSL/TLS|
|IMAP username||Your full email address||SMTP username||Your full email address|
|IMAP password||Your SBCGlobal email password||SMTP password||Your SBCGlobal email password|
Once you enter the above troubleshooting procedures, you can easily configure SBCGlobal email to Outlook. If you can’t find it perfect for configuration, you must dial the SBCGlobal support number to get appropriate solutions.