Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Outlook also known as MS Outlook, is a unified program from Microsoft Office. It enables you to configure as many accounts as you can without paying much attention to the hassle. Outlook is used to send and receive emails from numerous services like Gmail, Yahoo, ATT, and SBCGlobal. If you are particularly looking to setup SBCGlobal email in Outlook 2016, then you might want to stick to the blog post till the end.
However, before proceeding with all the procedures pertaining to Outlook settings for SBCGlobal net, let’s understand in brief about the SBCGlobal email.
Read Also – SBCGlobal Email Not Working iPhone
SBCGlobal Email Settings on Outlook Different Versions 2019/2016/2013/2007
SBCGlobal email service is used by millions of users worldwide. It’s a highly advanced email service launched by none other than AT&T telecommunications. AT&T is a US-based Telecommunication brand that everyone recognizes with utter respect.
SBCGlobal was founded back in 1882 and had been facilitating people with its services ever since its establishment. The services are packed with amazing features and are mostly known for their robust email service, especially those laced with security features.
No matter the services are amazing and are provided by the company but sometimes they do encounter problems such as errors and guidance on how to set up SBCGlobal.net email in outlook 2007. Here in this piece of write-up, you are going to be educated about the pop settings for SBCGlobal.
Configuring SBCGlobal Email Settings in MS Outlook
Before we proceed with how to setup SBCGlobal email in Outlook, you must know that SBCGlobal is no longer known as SBCGlobal.net anymore. It is now known as ATT.net. As mentioned above, AT&T is the name that professionals trust when it comes to securing their information using the email service. The SBCGlobal is now acquired by AT&T, and the servers have been relocated ever since. Now that you are aware of SBCGlobal and AT&T and how the two are interrelated let’s take a look at how to setup SBCGlobal email in Outlook 2019.
Requirement to Setup SBCGlobal Email Setting in Outlook:
- Something that you need in the first place is a speedy and stable web connection. This the least yet mandatory requirement that you must fulfil to configure the email.
- The next thing you need is the SBCGlobal account and details such as email address, username, and password.
- Another thing that you must fulfill is to have a well-configured server for the email to work properly on your system.
- Lastly, you need an adequate backup just in case if you lose important and sensitive data during the email setup.
Steps to Setup SBCGlobal Email Setting in Outlook
- Get access to the operating system and from the “Start Menu” click on the “Outlook Email Program”. Don’t forget to have a good internet connection, however.
- Once you get access to the “Outlook Email Program”, start with “Add Account” and click on “Manual Setup”. Once you are done with it, choose the “Next Button”.
- Select “Choose Service Page” which will appear before you and get access to “Internet E-Mail” through it. Next Button.
- Now, on the other page, enter the following details – email and full name – in “User Information” area.
When you select either the IMAP or POP account in the area “Account Type”, it is required to fill the “Server information”.
However, for “IMAP account type” you need to fill the given below server information;
- Incoming E – mail Server: imap.att.net
- Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing E – mail Server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Port: 465
For “POP account type” fill the server information as followed;
- Incoming E – mail Server: inbound.att.net
- Incoming Port: 995
- Outgoing E – mail Server: outbound.att.net
- Outgoing Port: 465
Once you are finished with the Server information, for “Login Informataion” for SBCGlobal mail on MS Outlook settings.
Fill Your Credentials SBCGlobal Email Account
- Email Address: Your unique SBCGlobal ID.
- Password: The sign-in password you use for the actual SBCGlobal E mail account.
- After that, login with “Encrypted” Connection: SSL
That’s all. When you done following all the steps mentioned up above, click “Next” and after that “Finish” to save and close the embedded configurations in your SBCGlobal mail on MS Outlook account.
Hope the solutions provided in the post helped in setting SBC Global email in your MS Outlook account. The steps mentioned are from the professional SBCGlobal mail on MS Outlook settings tech experts that are helping millions of people face the challenge of configuring their email accounts in Outlook. However, if you still cannot figure out how to proceed with the settings, feel free to contact them on their toll-free Hotline.
Frequently Asked Questions
To set up SBC Global email on Outlook you need to follow the mentioned steps;
- First open you MS Outlook computer application and access “File” tab. After that, click “Add Account”.
- Choose, “Manual Setup or Additional Server Types”. Once done, click “Next”.
- Now, go to “Choose Service” page and select “POP or IMAP”. Hit “Next”.
- Now, fill everything that asks you to provide with name, email address. In “Account Type”, select “POP3”.
- From “Incoming Mail Server Field”, fill “Inbound.att.net”.
- In the “Outgoing Mail Server field”, fill up “outbound.att.net”.
- In the “Logon Information” field, re-enter the email address.
- Now, provide your username and password.
- Click on “More Settings”.
- Choose “Outgoing Server” and select “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication”.
- Moving ahead, choose “Advanced” tab and select “This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection (SSL)”. Enter “995” in the “Incoming Server (POP3)”.
- Next, Enter “465” in “Outgoing Server (SMTP)”
- Now, select, “Use The Following Type of Encrypted Connection”, and choose “SSL”.
- Click, “OK” and then hit “Next” to start a fresh configuration of the MS Outlook mailbox. Now hit “Finish”
- Moving ahead, hit “Close” to exit.
These are the settings through which you can set up SBC Global email account in MS Outlook.
POP3 is a short form of Post Protocol number 3. It is a standard protocol that functions internally on the application used by the local email clients for fetching electronic mails from any far away located server operated on a TCP/IP connection. POP3 is mainly used on desktop devices. IMAP on the other hand, is more handheld device specific.
Following are the POP3 settings;
|Sbcglobal.net AT&T POP3 Server||inbound.att.net|
|POP3 username||Your full email address|
|POP3 password||Your Sbcglobal.net password|