Estimated Read Time : 5:00
To Setup SBCGlobal Email on Android, you can through the article thoroughly.
Technology has, over the past few decades, advanced by leaps and bounds. Just some thirty years ago, people queued at landline telephone centres to make calls to their loved ones. Fast forward 30 years, and your phone is practically running the world for you. We are no longer in need of a computer to check our emails. That used to be a thing of the 90s. Today, you are accessing your emails simultaneously. All you need is an android smartphone. If you have that, then it is very easy to access your emails. You might have often wondered, “how to add sbcglobal email to android?” or “how do I set up my sbcglobal email on my android phone?”.
Dial our Toll Free Number : +1-855-362-0770
Two Methods to Add SBCGlobal Email to Android:
- One method is by using the mobile web browser on your phone;
- The other is by setting up the email application using the IMAP or POP 3 protocol.
If you are an SBCGlobal email user and you need setting up SBCGlobal email on Android Phone, then you have come to the right place. In this blog, you are going to find the complete details about the SBCGlobal Email Settings Android.
Reset SBCGlobal Email Password – Easy Steps
Precautions Before Configuring SBCGlobal Email on Android
Before we move forward with the sbcglobal.net email settings android, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Some of these are listed below;
- Firstly, make sure that your android phone is connected to the internet. If you are unable to connect because of internet connectivity issues, then you need to fix it.
- Secondly, you should ensure that your android device is not on airplane mode. If the phone is on the airplane mode, then you will be stopped from accessing the internet. Therefore, you must switch it off.
- Subsequently, ensure that your android phone is not running out of space. If that is the case, then you should uninstall some previously installed apps.
Setting up Sbcglobal Email App for Android
Emails have been for long been one of the most preferred modes of communication. This holds true for both personal and professional communication. Even with other modes of communication present today, emails have not lost their relevance. People even today are using them for sending and receiving messages. SBCGlobal email has been one such primary email. One of the many features of the SBCGlobal email is that it can be easily configured either on iPhone or android. You can also sync SBCGlobal email with other email services. If you often ask, “how to get sbcglobal email on android?” we are going to guide you. All you need to do is enter the account password along with some settings.
You can easily Setup SBCGlobal Email on Android phone by following the steps provided here. You just need to enter the username and password of your account and thereafter enter the POP 3 and IMAP settings.
The following steps will help you in setting up the account;
- Firstly, go to the settings option on your android smartphone.
- Secondly, access the Accounts section and then tap on Add account.
- In the options given, pick the SBCGlobal email.
- Thereafter, choose either IMAP or POP 3, depending upon how you want to receive your emails.
- Furthermore, you have to enter the email address and password of your SBCGlobal email account in the field provided.
- Lastly, enter the below-mentioned settings according to the choice you make;
- SBCGlobal.net server settings on android
- SBCGlobal.net Mail server account type SMTP
- SMTP user name Enter your SBCGlobal.net email address.
- SMTP password Your SBCGlobal.net account email password
- SMTP hostname smtp.mail.att.net
- SMTP port 465
- TLS/SSL required YES
- Authentication required YES (Email account Username and Password)
SBCGlobal POP Settings on Android
- Incoming Mail Server – pop.att.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port – 995
- Outgoing Mail Server – smtp.att.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Port – 465
- SSL Secure Connection – Yes
SBCGlobal IMAP Settings on Android
- Incoming Mail Server – imap.mail.att.net
- Incoming Port – 993
- Outgoing Mail Server – smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Port – 465 or 587
- SSL Secure Connection – Yes
Furthermore, after you have entered the settings, complete the Setup SBCGlobal Email on Android & configuration by clicking on the Next option. Consequently, should you want your account to sync with other emailing applications and devices, then turn on the sync feature of your account.
We have provided all the requisite steps for you to be able to Setup SBCGlobal Email on Android Device. However, if you are unable to set it up by yourself, then you should seek professional support. We are a team of emailing experts who know the ins and outs of all emails. If you come up with a problem, we can help you resolve it in minutes. Furthermore, should you need any assistance regarding SBCGlobal email or any other email service, you can always get in touch with us. Our number is operational 24*7. You can either call on this number or send us a mail at . Our team of experts will make sure that they resolve the issues faced by you.
Frequently Asked Questions
SMTP is the transfer protocol which is used for sending messages. When a sender sends an email message, SMTP is the protocol that works between the email client and the server of the sender. Similarly, the IMAP protocol is the transfer protocol that works between the recipient’s server and the receiver’s email client. POP 3 (Post Office Protocol 3rd version), much like IMAP, is also a transfer protocol that works between the receiver server and the receiving email program. However, the only difference is that while using IMAP, the messages are stored on the server, so you can access it through multiple devices, whereas in POP 3, the messages are deleted from the server after they have been downloaded on the email client.
One major difference between IMAP and SMTP is that while IMAP connects to the receiver’s server, which is used for receiving mail, SMTP is used to connect with the other server. IMAP or Internet message access protocol is a transfer protocol which makes it necessary for the email provider to save the messages and other information on its own servers. Like this, you can be able to connect to your email account and look at messages you have received because they are always stored on the server.
SMTP, or simple mail transfer protocol, on the other hand, is a transfer protocol that makes it possible to send the email message from the email program to the sender’s server.
Port is basically an address number which can be compared with the IP address. Just as an IP address identifies the location of a computer, a Port number identifies the application operating on the computer. There are various numbers specified for different ports. Entering the right numbers in the right port ensures the proper functioning of the program or application.
IMAP is a more suitable option for you if the space on your system or backing up the emails is a concern for you. IMAP means that the emails would be stored on the server of the email provider. POP 3, however, allows you to download the emails to be stored locally and then deletes them from the server. If your local storage is damaged or can’t be retrieved, then the emails would not be available online. POP 3, however, is a better option for you if you have no qualms about storing the files locally on a storage device.