Estimated Read Time : 5:00
HP Printers are among the finest printer available for users in the market. With the best configuration available with HP Printers, they provide the best quality print with sharp-looking images, letterforms, and saturated colors. Apart from that, it is very easy to set up HP Printers Devices where user can swiftly connect their printer to the printer either wirelessly or through a cable. Although it is very easy to connect a printer through a cable, the user sometimes faces issues while setting up a wireless connection. Here we will discuss how to set up Wireless HP LaserJet P1102W along with all the common issues faced by the users while doing this. Read the article further to get more information on Wireless HP LaserJet P1102W.
How to Setup Wireless HP LaserJet P1102W on Windows
One can easily establish a wireless connection between HP LaserJet P1102W and their PC desktop (windows). For that, you need to have a data cable along with the network credentials (network name and password) as a prerequisite. Apart from that, you need to make sure that you have an active internet connection and that the system is connected to the network on which you want to add your printer.
- Visit the official website of HP support to download the HP driver.
- There you need to download the full feature software for your HP LaserJet P1102W.
- Once the file is downloaded, open the folder where it is saved. Double-click on the file, which will open the “User Account Control,” asking you to make changes to your computer. Click on Yes.
- After that, the software will start extracting automatically. If it doesn’t, then you need to go to the C drive and select the folder with the printer name. There, open the file named “HPSetup.exe.”
- After that, a prompt window will open, asking you to make changes to your system. Click Yes on that, which will open the installation wizard.
- There, select “Easy Install” and click on “Next.”
- Select the Printer (HP LaserJet P1102W) from the list and then click “Next.”
- On the next page, titled “Printer Connection,” select the option “Configure to print over the Wireless Network” and then click “Next.” This will start the installation of the drivers and software.
- Now, you need to connect the printer to your system through a USB cable. Once the connection is detected, the installation HP LaserJet printer will start. After that, another window will open on your system titled “Wireless Configuration Utility,” where you need to click on “Next.”
- Select the discovery method for your wireless router (Automatic or Advanced) and click “Next.”
- Under the wireless credentials, select “Home network” and click Next.
- After the wireless configuration is completed, click on “Finish.”
- Detach the USB cable and run a Test Print.
How to Setup Wireless HP LaserJet on Mac
Setting up the HP printer wirelessly is different for various operating systems. Follow the given steps to Setup Wireless HP LaserJet P1102W on the Mac operating system. Also, you need to have a USB to connect the printer and Mac Device along with the network credentials to which you want to add your network. Once you have completed this prerequisite, then follow the given steps below:
- Connect your printer to the Mac device through a USB cable.
- Now, visit the official website of HP from where you need to download the software and driver required to set up HP LaserJet P1102W wirelessly.
- Install the downloaded HP software on your device.
- After that, click on the Apple menu and select System preferences. There, select the printer option.
- Now from the list of the printer, select HP LaserJet P1102W and then click “Option and Supplies.”
- Select Utility and then select “Printer Utility.” This will open a new window titled “HP LaserJet Utility.”
- There, click on the option HTML Config which will open the Advanced Printer configuration settings.
- Now select the Networking Tab and then click on the Wireless option.
- After that, select “802.11b/g/n Wireless” and click “Enable.” Select the network on which you want to add the printer and input the password.
- Disconnect the USB cable. Now, select the printer option again and click on “Add Printer or Scanner.”
- Select the name of your Printer with Bonjour. Click on Print Using a box or Use. Now, select the name of your printer from the pop-up menu.
- Click on Add to complete the printer setup.
Common Issues or queries users have while setting printers Wirelessly
It is common for many users to be unable to set up wireless printers properly on their system. Some of the common issues faced by the users are listed below:
- Don’t know the wireless network name or password.
- Unable to download the correct driver and software for the particular printer they are using, or they want to add.
- The installation might be interrupted by any antivirus/firewall or any other third-party software installed on your system.
- Connection fails after you have changed the network.
- The issue with the HTML config when connecting the HP printer with Mac Device.
- Connection to the Wi-Fi is weak and frequently drops after the setup.
- The printer is working fine, but issue while scanning.
- Unable to print after upgrading the operating system.
Troubleshoot common issues while installing printer wirelessly
One can resolve some common issues while setting up an HP printer on their device. Some of the measures you can take by yourself are listed below:
- Check whether your system or network is compatible with the printer and meets the specific requirements.
- While using a wireless network with the printer, make sure that your system is not connected to the printer through a USB cable.
- In case your printer connection fails with the system, restart your system and restore Network settings.
- While working on a printer wirelessly, make sure that your system and printer are within the range.
HP Wireless Printing Support
If you are unable to connect your HP Printer to the wireless network or facing any other issue while using the printer, you can contact HP Wireless printing support which can connect you instantly and provide the required assistance. You can contact HP wireless support through the following means.
- Live chat with a virtual agent.
- Ask the HP community, where you can just post your question, and other users or any technical expert will reply to you with the desired solution.
- Contact HP by phone, where you can interact directly with HP support agents.
HP wireless support to provide immediate assistance on various common issues, some of which are listed below:
- Wi-Fi printer setup
- Resolve any issue which users face while changing their router or internet service provider.
- Find your wireless network password (WEP, WPA, WPA2 password) and WPS Pin.
- Find your Admin/EWS password.
- Find out information on your HP device.
Reach out to our HP Customer Support Services
We hope from the above information, you can easily setup wireless HP LaserJet P1102W on both windows and Mac devices. In case you have any trouble, we have provided the details regarding HP wireless support. If you want, you can reach out to our Technical support teams, where our customer service experts are available 24/7 to help with any issues not only with HP LaserJet P1102W but also with any other printer you are using. If you want to know more about our customer support, dial our toll free number +1-855-362-0770 or use the live chat, where we will revert to you immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Below we have discussed an easy way to set up wireless HP LaserJet P1102W.
- Firstly, you must get your network name and password from your IT manufacturer.
- Ensure that you must have an USB cable to connect your printer with the computer.
- Afterwards, move to the Software and Drivers download window to get the latest printer driver as per your printer.
- Get the full feature software and go through the instructions displayed on the screen to accomplish the installation process.
Ans. Go through the stepwise instructions to set up Wireless HP LaserJet P1102W on a Mac device.
- Firstly, collect the network name and password required to connect the wireless HP LaserJet P1102W.
- Take a USB cable and attach it to the printer and computer.
- After this, update the printer driver to the latest version and then move to Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Depending on your operating system, tap on Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Choose the name of your printer, then click on Options & Supplies > Utility > Open Printer Utility.
- Select HTML Config to launch the advanced printer settings window.
- After this, opt for the Networking tab > Wireless > 802.11 b/g/n Wireless > Enabled.
- Double-tap on the Network Name to add it to Current Network Name, insert the network password, then hit Apply.
- Take out the USB cable from the printer and computer.
- From the printers window, choose the name of your printer, tap on minus sign and then remove the USB-Installed printer.
- Tap on the + sign and then Add Printer or Scanner.
- Finally, opt for the Add option for adding the printer to the list.
Ans. HP Printers are well-known in giving the best printing experience to the users. But at times, users might end up with HP LaserJETP1102W not printing wirelessly due to issues with the setup of your printer. There are numerous other reasons that may trigger this issue; which are as follows:
- Sometimes, the printer asks me to stop printing because of the low ink.
- It may occur due to the paper jamming issue in your printer.
- You might experience that your printer speed is very slow while giving commands from your mobile phones.
Ans. If you encounter that your HP LaserJet P1102W does not print wirelessly on Mac then you must go through the resolution steps to fix the issue.
- Look whether your printer is turned on or not. If not, then press the Power button on it to switch it on.
- Verify that you have inserted the cartridges properly into the input tray along with correct ink or toner cartridges. Moreover, you must also check that all the lights are stable on the printer.
- Relaunch the printer and wait until the printer is all set to print.
Ans. Below we have described some of the easy steps to fix HP LaserJet P1102W not print on Windows 10.
- Initially, you must verify that your computer and printer are well-connected to your home network.
- Afterwards, uninstall your device printer driver that Windows 10 automatically installed. For that, hit the Start menu and then look for the Device and Printers.
- Next, you must right-click on the Printers icon and opt for the Remove Device.
- Finally, your computer uninstalls the printer software completely.