Estimated Read Time : 5:00
QuickBooks error code 103 is an online banking error indicating that the login credentials you have provided to access your bank’s website are not accepted. You have to update the login credentials of your account. QuickBooks online error 103 disallows you to process your sign-in request.
QuickBooks error 103 is also known as a banking error, and there can be many possible reasons due to why a user may encounter this error. Although it might be challenging for users to deal with the error code and resolve it, that’s why we are here to help you. In this post, we are going to discuss in brief about the QuickBooks online error code 103. So, if you are also facing this issue, stay tuned and read this blog post until the last note.
Why QuickBooks Error 103 Arises?
Understanding the possible reasons why a technical error arises can help you prevent the error from occurring again.
Here is the list of some possible reasons and factors that lead to the banking error 103 in QuickBooks online.
- Entering incorrect login credentials.
- Trying to connect with the wrong financial institution.
- Issues and bugs with the .msi file.
- Incorrect browser settings can also be a reason why the error arises.
- A missing cookie can also be a reason why the error code arises.
- Poor or unstable internet connection.
- Background active antivirus software may block the browser from connecting with the financial institution.
Note: The above mentioned reasons can also lead to error code 310 QuickBooks online. Therefore, you can use the given solutions to fix error codes 310 and 103 QuickBooks online.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Online Bank Error 103
Once you have a clear idea about why a user may encounter QuickBooks error 103, let’s discuss the tried and tested solutions you can follow to resolve the error step-by-step.
Solution 1. Check the Login Credentials
If you provide the wrong login credentials for your bank account, you might face the QuickBooks error code 103. In that scenario, you must check and verify your bank account’s login credentials.
Here are the steps that you can follow to do so:
- Open a compatible web browser on your device, and navigate to the bank’s official website.
- Now, you have to sign in to your account by providing your user ID and login password.
- [Note: If you have separate accounts with the bank, i.e. business account and personal account, then you have to log in to your account, which you want to fix it in QuickBooks online.]
- After that, if you successfully log in to your bank account, it indicates that the login credentials are correct.
- Here, if you cannot sign in to your net banking account, you have to follow the bank’s instructions to either change, reset or recover the login credentials of your bank account.
Tip> While providing the login credentials, make sure to double-check it before submitting it, and avoid any typo-mistake, as a small typing mistake can also lead to a discrepancy.
Advantage> Checking, verifying and updating the login credentials of your bank account on a regular interval basis acts as an additional safety measure and protects your bank account from getting hacked.
Once you have checked and verified the login credentials of your bank account, then you have to sign in again to your bank account in QuickBooks. If you can still not connect with the bank server in QuickBooks, move to the next solution.
Solution 2. Update Correct Banking Login Credentials in QuickBooks Online
Given below are the steps that you can follow to update the correct banking login credentials in the QuickBooks online account:
- First of all, access your QuickBooks online account, and thereon, you must click on the “Banking” option on the left side menu screen.
- Here, you must select the bank or credit card account you must update.
- Click on the “Edit” option and select the “Edit Sign-in Info” option.
- If your web browser automatically fills up the user ID and login password of your bank account, you have to clear them as there can be chances that the browser may still be using the old login credentials.
- After that, manually provide the login credentials of your bank account. You can also click on the “Show” option to verify that you have provided the correct login credentials.
- At last, click on the “Update” option.
If you are still facing the QuickBooks online error 103 in connecting with the bank, follow the next solution.
Solution 3. Enable Third Party Access
Some banks require access and permission to connect your bank account with another service, such as QuickBooks online. To check if your bank needs third-party access, you must visit the bank’s website and log in to your bank account.
You must follow the bank’s instructions to enable third-party access to your bank account.
After allowing the third party access to your bank account, log in to your QuickBooks online account, and verify you can access your bank account. If you are still facing the QuickBooks online error code 103, don’t panic and move to the next solution.
Solution 4. Add an Account For New Connection
Given below are the steps that you can follow to create an account for a new connection:
- At first, you have to log in to your QuickBooks online account.
- Thereon, you must click on the “Banking” option on the left side menu screen.
- Under the Banking window, you have have to click on the “Add Account” option.
- After that, you must paste the bank’s URL in the search field and click on the search option.
- Under the list of matching results, you have to click on your bank account option.
- Now, sign in to your account by providing the correct login credentials.
- At last, tap on the “Connect” option to establish a connection between your QuickBooks online account and bank account.
- At last, end this process by clicking on the “OK” option.
Note: If you cannot locate the right bank’s website, you have to carry out all the steps again to get the account connected with your account.
Solution 5. Remove an Existing Account
If you have created a new email account, you must disconnect all the previous accounts.
Given below are the outlined steps that you can execute to remove an existing account:
- First of all, navigate to the dashboard of your QuickBooks online account, and there you have to click on the “Transaction” option and select the “Banking” option.
- After that, you must select the account you want to stop or disconnect.
- Thereon, you have to click on the “Edit” icon and then select the “Edit Account Information” option.
- Moving ahead, you have to checkmark the box available next to the “Disconnect the Account” option.
- At last, click on the “Save” option.
After you have removed an existing account, try accessing the bank account in your QuickBooks online account. The QuickBooks online banking error will be resolved after performing the above-mentioned solutions.
As demonstrated above, in this blog post, we have covered the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks online error 103, along with the tried and tested solutions that you can follow to get the error eliminated. If you are still facing the error code 103 or need any assistance in QuickBooks, then you can connect with our experts. Our experts are available 24*7 around the clock to attend to your query and provide the best feasible solution to solve it.
You can write us your query via mail at XXX, or you can also speak live with our executives through the chat box or call.
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks online bank account not syncing problem can be fixed by fixing the sign-in information of your bank account. Additionally, accessing the QuickBooks online software in an incognito mode can help you fix this issue. You can also try disconnecting and reconnecting the bank account in your QuickBooks online account to fix the issue.
To refresh the bank feed, you must download the latest transactions. Then, navigate to the “Bookkeeping” page and click on the “Bank Transactions” option. Thereon, click on the “Update” option.
QuickBooks online mainly deposits credit cards and ACH payments within 24 hours. If a customer payment is processed before 3 PM PT, it will be deposited in the bank account by the next business day. If a payment is processed after 3 PM PT, it will be deposited in the next two business days.
To verify a bank account in QuickBooks online, click on the “Payroll” option and then select the overview option. Under the To Do List, you have to click on the “Let’s Go” option to check your account for a small deposit and verify the same. Theron, you have to click on the “Verify Your Account” option.
The direct deposit activation process in QuickBooks online takes around two working days. QuickBooks payroll will debit two small amounts from your bank account. To complete the activation process and use these services, you must provide the exact figures of two small amounts.
In QuickBooks online, there is no upper limit defining the number of bank accounts. QuickBooks online allows the businesses to easily add all of their bank accounts.
The very first time you connect your bank account with QuickBooks online, it automatically downloads the maximum number of transactions available in your bank account. After that, depending on your bank, you can download the past transactions up to a year. You navigate to the banking page on your QuickBooks online account to download the bank transactions.