Estimated Read Time : 5:00
QuickBooks error code 15103 arises when the user tries to download the QuickBooks desktop updates or payroll on their device. Corrupt Files are the core causes of occurrence of these errors. QuickBooks error 15103 will disallow the user from accessing the payroll features and may cause issues accessing the company’s file. If you are also facing QuickBooks error 15103 and searching for some solutions that can help you get rid of the issue, this blog is quite important for you. In this blog, we will enlist the numerous steps/ methods you can carry out to eliminate QuickBooks error 15103.
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 15103
Let’s take a look at the list of possible reasons due to why users may encounter the QuickBooks error code 15103 while working on the software;
- Incorrect configuration in the Internet Explorer browser is the main reason for the error.
- The digital signature of any file is not getting verified.
- Corrupted or damaged windows registry files.
- Do it in a Proper Way: Downloading and Installation of QuickBooks Files.
- A bad internet connection.
- A firewall or security program blocks the QuickBooks software from connecting with the server.
- Incorrect timings and date settings on your PC.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 15103
After having clear information on the possible reasons due to why the error arises, let’s move ahead and discuss the solutions that you can execute step-by-step to resolve QuickBooks error 15103;
Solution 1. Install QuickBooks Digital Signature Certificate
The first solution you should follow to fix QuickBooks error 15103 is installing the digital signature certificate on your device. To do that, below are the steps that you can easily carry out to do it;
- Firstly, on your device, you have to move towards the location where the QuickBooks files are saved, i.e., C:\Program File\ Intuit\ QuickBooks.
- Thereon, you have to search there for the QBW32.exe file and do a right click on it.
- Now, choose the “Properties” option, and click on the “Digital Signature” tab.
- After that, select the “Instuit.inc”.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Details” option and then click on the “View Certificate” option.
- As the certificate window opens on your screen, click on the “Install Certificate” option.
- Once you are done with the above steps, click on the “Next” option.
- Keep hitting the “Next” option till the “Finish” option appears, and then click on it.
- After that, perform a deep restart of your device, and launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
Now, verify if the QuickBooks error 15103 has been terminated or not. In case you are still facing the error code 15103, then don’t get panic and try the next solution.
Solution 2. Access Reboot.bat File With Administrative Rights
Here are the steps that you can execute to run the reboot.bat file with administrative rights on your device;
- First, close the applications on your device, and then right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Next, as the drop-down menu opens, then click on the “Properties” option and select the “Open File Location” option.
- Now, you will be directed toward the location where the QuickBooks programs are saved on your device.
- Moving ahead, you must type “reboot.bat” in the search box available on the top right side of the screen.
- Thereon, right-click on the “reboot.bat” file and click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
- After that, the window will be closed automatically.
- You must perform a deep restart of your device to implement all the changes.
After performing the above steps, launch the QuickBooks desktop application to verify the fixes of error code 15103.
Solution 3. Do a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can execute to perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks desktop application on your device;
Note: Before you begin the installation process, you must take a backup of your company file and note down the QuickBooks product license number on safe paper.
- Firstly, you have to uninstall the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
- Thereon, download and install the QuickBooks clean install tool on your PC.
- Now, click on the “Yes” option and the “I Accept” option for the license agreement.
- Select the QuickBooks and Product versions, then click on the “Continue” option.
- After that, end this process by clicking on the “OK” option.
As demonstrated above, we have covered three tried and tested solutions that you can easily perform to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 15103. If you have any query related to the topic, or if the error still persists, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-362-0770. Our experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to understand your query and deliver the best possible solution.