Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Some time Quickbooks Running Slow and it may interrupt your important work .Unable to use QuickBooks software efficiently in multi-user mode? Sometimes, while running a company file or working on a desktop application, QuickBooks running slow in multi-user mode. If the software is running slow, it cannot be very pleasant for you, and it may even disallow you from completing the accounting tasks. Therefore, it becomes important to understand the possible causes behind the “QuickBooks Running Slow” issue and the troubleshooting steps to terminate it. This post will cover in-depth about the QuickBooks running slow error.
“Get quick assistance in troubleshooting QuickBooks running slow issue by getting in touch with our QuickBooks experts by placing a call at our toll-free number, i.e., 1-855-362-0770.”
Why QuickBooks Running Slow Issue Encounters?
Let’s understand the possible reasons and factors due to why a user may face the QuickBooks running slow issue on their device;
- If too many users are accessing the company file simultaneously, it can slow down the operating speed.
- When the QuickBooks server fails to detect the IP address of your system.
- The damaged network interface card can also lead to QuickBooks running slow issues.
- The host system, where the data file is stored, couldn’t perform faster.
- Anti-virus or firewall settings block the browser from connecting with the server.
- The database server is not granted permission to access the company’s files.
- Incorrect windows file permissions.
- If there is a large report running in the data files, it can slow down the QuickBooks operation speed in multi-user mode.
Read Also – QuickBooks Search Not Working
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Running Slow in Multi-User Mode
After having a clear idea of the possible reasons why a user may face encountering the issue, let’s take a look at the troubleshooting solutions that you can execute step-by-step to get the issue terminated;
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The first step you should follow to troubleshoot QuickBooks running slow is using the QuickBooks file doctor tool. It is a repairing tool that will help you to fix various issues related to the QuickBooks files.
Given below are the steps that you can execute to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool on your device;
- To use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, you have to install the QuickBooks tool hub on your device.
- You can download this tool from the official website of QuickBooks products.
- As you have downloaded and installed the tool on your device, move to the desktop screen on your device.
- After that, double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to launch it.
- As the QuickBooks tool hub opens on your device, click on the “Company File Issues” option, which is available in the green color box.
- Now, the repair process will commence on your PC.
Once the process ends, launch the QuickBooks desktop application, and check whether the slow-running issue has been resolved. In case the error persists, then try the next solution.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error Code 111
Solution 2. Manage your QuickBooks Data Files
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to manage the QuickBooks data files to resolve QuickBooks running slow issue;
- Firstly, reduce the date ranges of big reports and files.
- Thereon, decrease the number of shared users by using only one module simultaneously.
- Save the data files on the PC with strong internet connection.
- At last, replace the damaged or slow-working Network Interface Card (NIC) with a new one.
Solution 3. Add “.old” at the end of QBWUSER.INI File
The next solution you can follow to eliminate QuickBooks running slow in multi-user mode is renaming the QBWUSER.INI file. Here are the steps that you can follow to rename the file;
- Firstly, press the “Windows + E” keys together to open the File Manager on your device.
- After that, you must navigate to the default QuickBooks location (C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks).
- Enable the Windows to display the hiddden files and folder.
- Thereon, search for the “QBWUSER.INI” file, and do a right click on it.
- Next, select the “Rename” option, and add “.old” at the end of the name.
- Once you are done with the above steps, save the file name, and re-launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
Now, switch to the multi-user mode, and check whether the Quickbook slow-running or not. In case you are still facing the issue, then try the next solution.
Read Also – How to Reconcile in QuickBooks Online
Solution 4. Verify the QuickBooks Company’s File Size
Last but not least solution that you implement to troubleshoot QuickBooks running slow issue is verifying the company’s file size. Given below are the steps that you can carry out to do so;
- Find the location of QuickBooks company files.
- Next, right-click on the file with the company’s name, and select the “Properties” option.
- After that, check for the company’s file size. For the QuickBooks Pro version, the file size has to be less than 150 MB; for enterprise versions, the file size must be less than 1 GB.
- If you notice that the file size exceeds the desired size, you have to use the QuickBooks condense utility tool to reduce the file size.
- To do that, launch the QuickBooks software on your PC, and click on the “File” tab option.
- Now, select the “Utilities” section, and click on the “Condense Data” option.
- Complete the above steps properly, checkmark the box next to the “Keep all transactions, and remove audit train info to date” option.
- Thereon, click on the “Next” option, and a pop-up display message showing “Your company file has been successfully condensed” will appear on your screen.
At last, click on the “Close” option and launch the QuickBooks desktop application in multi-user mode to check if the issue has been terminated.
As demonstrated above, we have enlisted four solutions you can execute step-by-step to terminate the issue. If the methods do not help you resolve the error, or if you need any personal assistance, you can contact our team via mail . Our team of QuickBooks experts is available 24*7 at the help desk to deeply understand your query and share the best possible solution.