Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Most often, users might face issues while updating the QuickBooks payroll due to the occurrence of QuickBooks Error PS032. Wondering why it happened? It might appear due to the damage in your tax table file. Other reasons that might evoke this error are an inappropriate internet connection, outdated payroll subscription, and damaged data file. Whenever the error pops up, the following error message comes into view:
“[PS032] QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. Note the message number at the beginning of this message, click Help for troubleshooting tips to resolve this problem.”
If you are looking for an informative guide to resolve QuickBooks Error PS032, you are at the right destination. This blog covers all the essential facts required to tackle the error.
Are you unable to update the payroll due to QuickBooks Error PS032? Call us at +1-855-362-0770 and connect with our professionals for quick assistance.
Root Causes that Contribute Towards QuickBooks Error Code PS032
Usually, the users might end up with QuickBooks Error PS032 while using an inactive payroll subscription. Apart from this, there are numerous other reasons that might lead to this error, which are as follows;
- You have added the wrong information while subscribing for payroll services.
- Sometimes, it might occur due to the damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company file.
- You haven’t registered your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- In other instances, it may appear due to the damage in the Tax Table file that the users wish to install.
Prerequisites Required Before Fixing the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting part, the users need to consider a few points.
- It is must that the user must verify the QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
- Also, getting the updated version of QuickBooks Desktop on your device is crucial.
- Make sure you have generated the backup of the company file. This will help you restore the data files in case of data damage.
- Verify you have added the correct billing details in your payroll account.
Quick Resolution Methods to Eliminate Error PS032 in QuickBooks
Now that you know the actual cause that triggers QuickBooks Error Code PS032, it’s time to fix the error. Here, we have listed all the best possible solutions to rectify the error.
First Method: Update QuickBooks Desktop and Register It Again
Using the obsolete version of the QBDT might lead to QuickBooks Error PS032. Registering the application once again will help reactivate the connection between your applications and Intuit servers. Therefore, to fix the issue, follow the steps below.
- To commence with, access the QBDT application. Then, hit the F2 key to open the Product Information window on your screen.
- Navigate to the section where you will see the License Numbers and examine whether Activate is written over there.
- You are supposed to use the License Keys if it doesn’t display Activated.
- Head towards the Help menu and opt for the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Following this, hover your cursor over the Update Now tab and hit the Get Updates button.
- As a result, the application will begin downloading any latest updates if available.
- Next, you must run the QuickBooks application once again once the downloading part is over.
Second Method: Disable the User Account Control
- Launch the Run command window by inserting run within the search column of the Start menu.
- In the Run window, go to the search area and type “Control Panel”.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the new window where you must insert User Accounts within the search field of the Control Panel.
- Afterwards, head towards the Change User Account Control Settings.
- Tap on the Yes button and move the slider towards the Never Notify option to disable the UAC settings.
- Finally, relaunch your system and then try to upgrade the QuickBooks Payroll.
Third Method: Operate the Verify and Rebuild Utility to Fix the Damage Data file
The users must utilize the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility to repair the damages present in the QuickBooks data file. Go through the instructions given below to repair the damaged company file.
- In the initial phase, select the File tab followed by Utilities option.
- After this, opt for the Verify Data and wait for the application to accomplish the process.
- For instance, if you get the message indicating, “Your data has lost integrity you need to rebuild your data”. In that scenario, return back to the File menu and then click Utilities.
- Following this, tap on Rebuild Data and hit OK when you see the prompt to launch the data file.
- Now, hit OK when you receive the message on the screen stating, “Rebuild has completed.”
- Finally, you must again run the Verify Data Utility by applying the above two steps.
Fourth Method: Verify Your Billing Details
Many times, users might come across this error while inserting the incorrect billing details. So, it is essential to verify the billing information to resolve QuickBooks Error PS032.
- Primarily, hit the F2 key on your keyboard to launch the Product Information window.
- After this, you have to write down your QuickBooks License number.
- Furthermore, hit the OK button and exit from the Product Information window.
Summing It Up!!
Hopefully, we assure you that the solutions mentioned above will help you eliminate QuickBooks Error PS032. However, if you need additional information, you can contact our highly-skilled professional for instant help.
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks Error PS032 is the payroll update error that usually triggers when the users fail to download the latest payroll updates. This error mainly reflects that there are some issues with the payroll subscription. As a result, it might obstruct users from getting payroll updates.
Go through the steps below to search for the QuickBooks version you are currently using.
- Initially, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- After that, hit the F2 key to bring up the Product Information window on your screen.
- Next, navigate to the File section, which will represent the QuickBooks version you are using.
The following are the signs and symptoms that will help determine the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code PS032.
- You might experience that your computer starts freezing on a frequent basis.
- It will start throwing an error message with the QuickBooks Error Code PS032.
- Users might get issues while installing the latest payroll updates.
- QuickBooks stops responding or begins to freeze.