Estimated Read Time : 5:00
To Reset your CenturyLink Modem, you just need follow the instruction given in this article.
CenturyLink is one of the leading Internet Service Providers in the States, with a user base of more than 4 Million all across the country. Various services provided by CenturyLink include wireless, DSL, Fiber connection, copper internet, and various high-speed internet solutions. Among all these services, one of the most preferred products includes a Wireless router. In order for the router to work properly, you need to reset it occasionally. Also, in order to fix any technical issues, the first option to troubleshoot is you restore to default factory settings. Here, we are going to discuss all the possible methods through which you can reset your Century Link Modem, along with other necessary details. Read the article further to know how to reset Century Link router.
Why do I need to reset Century Link’s Modem?
Many errors can occur in the modem while using high-speed internet in which, some of which are from the user side, while others can be technical. The following causes can be resolved by resetting Modem settings:
- Slow Internet
- Common wireless Issues and routing errors.
- Port connection and VOIP errors.
How to Reset Century Link Modem
Out of various ways available through which you can reset the Century Link Modem settings, one of the easiest and most convenient ways is through user settings. Apart from that, various other methods are listed below:
Reset the Modem through User Settings:
First of all, you need to connect your Modem to any device (Laptop, Desktop, tablet, or any other) through an ethernet cable.
- After that, open the web browser and type the address: http://192.168.0.1, which will open the century connection modem GUI.
- Now, you need to log in with your Admin Username and Admin Password. Make sure that you do not enter a wifi username and password.
- Once you have entered the credentials, click on Apply
- From the menu, click on the “Utilities” option.
- There you can find the option “Restore Defaults” on the left-hand side of the page. Click on it.
- From the various options available, you can choose “Restore Factory Settings to Default.”
- You need to wait 3 to 5 minutes for the settings to restore. Once the settings have been restored, the light on the Router will turn to Orange.
- Login again with the required details and then access the internet.
Reset the Modem Manually through the RESET Button
Instead of following the long process of resetting the modem through settings, you can just directly use the Reset switch to restore it to the default factory settings. For that, follow the given process:
- You can find the Reset button on your Modem on the back where you put the Ethernet cable. Use a safety pin to press the Reset Button. After that, you need to hold it for 10 seconds. Wait for the Amber/Orange light to glow.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes while the settings are restored to default.
- After that, you need to complete the Modem activation process.
- Ensure you don’t hold for more than 15 seconds, after which it will start the Reboot.
Century Link Modem Activation Process
Once you have reset your Modem, you need to run the CenturyLink Modem Activation process, as there is no information saved once you have reset the settings. Follow the given steps to activate the Modem:
- You need to make all the connections again for your modem to your computer and power source. The following cords need to be connected again while setting up Modem
Black cord: Use this cord to connect the modem to the power source.
Yellow Cord(Ethernet Cable): Through this, you need to connect your Modem to the computer.
Green Port: This port is used to connect the DSL port to the working Jack Phone.
- Once you have made the connection, you can either set up the modem through Mobile App or through the browser. Both of the processes are listed below:
Setup Modem through Mobile App:
- Download the Century Link Modem from the play store or the Apple Store based on the device you are using.
- Once you have downloaded the app, you can easily navigate to the “Install my New Modem” section.
- Click on that option and proceed accordingly in order to reset CenturyLink Modem.
Setup Modem Using QuickConnect
Here, first, you need to connect the Modem with the power source and the computer through an Ethernet (Yellow) Cable. Now, wait for 15 minutes for the installation to complete. After that, follow the given steps:
- On your web browser, open the quick connect website. On the welcome screen, click on Next.
- After that, details on the Modem Automatically detects and if doesn’t then you can fill it up manually. For that, you need to provide your Account Number and Zip-Code. In case you do not have these details, then you can verify your identity through the following details:
Century Link Telephone Number and SSN.
Activation Letter and high-speed internet services.
Century Link Account Number and BAN.
- Now, accept the “High-speed Internet Subscriber Agreement.” Now the installation process will start.
- Once the setup is complete, then Green Light on the Device will Blink.
- Select your Modem and set up your Wi-fi name and password.
- Connect different devices and enjoy high-speed internet.
In the above discussion, we have provided the required information through which you easily reset your CenturyLink Modem. Once you have restored the settings to default, you need to set up the device again, for which we have also provided the instruction. Instead of resetting your device, you can choose to reboot it, which can sometimes be more convenient. In case you need further assistance, you can reach out to us at our toll free number +1-855-362-0770. You can also use the live chat option to submit your query to which we will reply as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can reset Century Link Modem in two ways i.e, either through user settings or directly through the reset button. It is recommended that the user reset their setting to default through manual settings.
You need to activate the modem after the restored the settings to default. You can do through either through the mobile app or through Century Link Quickconnect.
You need to check the settings of your modem, and after that, if the issue still persists, you need to contact the Century Link customer care services or can reach to us through the phone number or the live chat option provided below.