Roadrunner is one of the famous and most used email service providers. Roadrunner email services have gained so much popularity due to their unique features such as excessive storage capacity, ease of use, etc. Nevertheless, many Roadrunner email users face many problems using their email accounts. One of the common problems is that their Roadrunner email is not working properly. If you are facing this problem and want to get this problem resolved, then stay tuned and read this blog post till the last word.
Common Roadrunner Email Not Working Problems
Here is the list of the common problems that Roadrunner email users can face while using their email accounts.
- Not able to send or receive new mails or messages.
- An issue in changing the IMAP and POP3 server settings.
- Roadrunner email account login problem.
- Not able to recover the Roadrunner login password.
- Receiving a lot of spam mail in the inbox.
- Unable to block an email address.
- Facing issues while logging in to the Roadrunner email account through android or iPhone.
- Locked Roadrunner email account.
- Unable to create a backup of the old emails.
- Facing problems in restoring the deleted emails.
- Unable to reset or change the login password of the Roadrunner email account.
- The Roadrunner email account is not working on Google chrome.
- Unable to attach documents in the mail.
Possible Reasons Behind Roadrunner Email Not Working
Let’s have a clear understanding of some of the possible reasons due to why the Roadrunner email won’t work.
- When the IMAP and POP3 settings are inaccurate.
- Entering the inaccurate login credentials.
- A back-end issue with the Spectrum net server.
- The account is locked when you have not used the Roadrunner email account for a long time.
- The background running antivirus software is disabling Google chrome to connect with the Roadrunner email server.
- An issue with the SMTP and the outgoing server connection.
- When the internet connection is slow.
How to Resolve Roadrunner Email Not Working Problems?
Let’s look at the solutions you can easily follow to resolve the Roadrunner email not working problems.
Solution 1. Examine The Roadrunner Email Server Settings
The first recommended solution for solving the roadrunner email not working problems is to check and verify the email server settings. The correct settings for using the Roadrunner email server settings are as follows.
Roadrunner Incoming Server Settings
- Username: Your Roadrunner email address.
- Password: Login password of your Roadrunner email account.
- Server: pop-server.maine.rr.com.
- Port: 110
- Security Type: None
Roadrunner Outgoing Server Settings
- Username: [email protected]
- Password: Login password of your Roadrunner email account.
- Server: SMTP-server.maine.rr.com
- Port: 587 or 25
- Security type: None
- Sign-in required: Check or select
Solution 2. Check the Server Status of Roadrunner Email
- If there is an issue with the Roadrunner email server, then the users can face many issues while using the email account. Although, these issues can be resolved automatically when the server issues get resolved.
- To check the server status, you can get help from many tools, such as a Down detector. This tool will help you to check the server problems related to any website.
- If you notice a server error with the Roadrunner email services, you have to wait until the server problem gets resolved. In a vice versa situation, if there is no issue with the Roadrunner server, you have to follow the other solutions to resolve the problem.
Solution 3. Reset the Login Password of Roadrunner Email Account
Resetting the login password of the Roadrunner email account can be a helpful solution to fix many login issues with the email account. If you cannot remember the login password of your Roadrunner email account, then here are the steps you can easily follow to reset the login password.
- Firstly, click here to navigate to the Roadrunner email account login page.
- Then, search and click on the “Forget Password” option.
- Next, it will ask you to provide the account details, i.e., email address.
- After entering the email address, click on the “Continue” option.
- Moving ahead, it will ask you to provide the answers to the security questions.
- Once the security answers match, it redirects you to the Roadrunner email account.
- At last, you can easily follow the on-screen instructions to reset the login password of the Roadrunner email account.
Solution 4. Solve Roadrunner Email Not Working on Android
In case, if you are the Roadrunner email is not working on the android mobile device, then below listed are the steps that you can easily follow to resolve these errors.
- Firstly, open the mail application on your mobile device.
- Then, enter the login credentials of your Roadrunner email account.
- Moving ahead, go to the POP settings for the Roadrunner email incoming server and then provide the login password of the email account.
- After that, provide the required settings for the POP and then select the IMAP server.
- Thereon, provide the asked details for the IMAP settings.
- Once you provide settings, click on the “Done” option.
After performing the above steps, try using the Roadrunner email account on the android mobile. These steps will help you to fix the mail not working problem on android.
Solution 5. Solve Roadrunner Email Not Working on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user facing the Roadrunner email not working problem on your iPhone device, then below are the steps you can easily follow to resolve the problem.
- Firstly, go to the mobile settings on your iPhone.
- Then under the settings list, tap on the “Mail, Contact and Calendar” option.
- Moving ahead, tap on the “Add Account” option and provide the login credentials of your Roadrunner email account.
- Now, provide the server settings for both the IMAP and POP3.
- Later on, once you are done with providing the details, click on the “Save” option to save the updated changes.
The steps mentioned above will help you to resolve the Roadrunner email not working issues on the iPhone device.
Solution 6. Check the Attachment Sizes
If you cannot send new mails, you must check the size of the documents attached to the mails. Due to large size attachments, the mail can be spring back.
In that case, you must try to send the attachments one by one. Or a large attachment can be sent by dividing it into multiple attachments.
Solution 7. Unlock the Roadrunner Email Locked Account
The inactivity of the locked Roadrunner email account can result in a locked email account. In that case, you will not be able to send or receive new emails, and you will not be able to access the email account.
In this situation, you can only unlock the email account by resetting the login password.
Solution 8. Re-check the Recipient’s Email Address
In case after following the solutions mentioned above, you are still facing problems while sending the mail to a new email address. There can be many chances that the email address you are providing is incorrect. In that situation, you must re-check the recipient’s email address. You may make a small mistake while typing the email address, which can lead to the spring back of the mail id.
That’s the end of today’s blog. This blog post covered all the authentic and relevant information about why the Roadrunner email may not work properly. Above, we have listed the eight solutions you can easily follow to resolve the problem. If you still have any problems or have other queries related to the topic, then you can reach our Email experts through the chat box. You can also write us your query through mail at (XXXXXXXXX). Our team is available 24X7 around the clock to help you solve your query.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why does Roadrunner email not work with Outlook?
A: If you are facing problems while using the Roadrunner email account with Outlook, here are the steps you can follow to fix the problem.
- Verify the server status of the Roadrunner spectrum email.
- Re-configure the Roadrunner email account on Outlook.
- Run MS Outlook in the safe mode.
- Check the internet connection.
2. Does the Roadrunner email still available?
A: With the effect of the rebranding, the Roadrunner email services have been stopped and rebranded as Spectrum. After that, all the users were asked to convert their mail domains to Spectrum before October 2019.
3. How can I delete my Roadrunner email account?
A: If you wish to delete your Roadrunner email account, then you can place a call at the Roadrunner customer care number, i.e., 877-318-8333. Their team will guide you step by step to get your account deleted.
4. How can I change the login password of the Roadrunner email account?
A: First of all, navigate to the Subscriber Self Care and provide the login credentials of your email account. After that, enter the image text in the insert field and click on the “Login” option. At last, click on the “Change Password” option and provide the new login password.