Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Roadrunner is one of the famous and most used email service providers. Roadrunner email services have gained so much popularity due to their unique features such as excessive storage capacity, ease of use, etc. Nevertheless, many Roadrunner email users face many problems using their email accounts. One of the common problems is that their Roadrunner email is not working properly. If you are facing this problem and want to get this problem resolved, then stay tuned and read this blog post till the last word.
Solutions to Roadrunner Email Not Working
Here is the list of the common roadrunner email problems that Roadrunner email users can face while using their email accounts.
- Not able to send or receive new mails or messages.
- An issue in changing the IMAP and POP3 server settings.
- Roadrunner email account login problem.
- Not able to recover the Roadrunner login password.
- Receiving a lot of spam mail in the inbox.
- Unable to block an email address.
- Facing issues while logging in to the Roadrunner email account through android or iPhone.
- Locked Roadrunner email account.
- roadrunner outgoing mail server not working
- roadrunner email down
- Unable to create a backup of the old emails.
- Facing problems in restoring the deleted emails.
- Unable to reset or change the login password of the Roadrunner email account.
- The Roadrunner email account is not working on Google chrome.
- Unable to attach documents in the mail.
Possible Reasons Behind Roadrunner Email Not Working
Let’s have a clear understanding of some of the possible reasons due to why the Roadrunner email won’t work.
- When the IMAP and POP3 settings are inaccurate.
- Entering the inaccurate login credentials.
- A back-end issue with the Spectrum net server.
- The account is locked when you have not used the Roadrunner email account for a long time.
- The background running antivirus software is disabling Google chrome to connect with the Roadrunner email server.
- An issue with the SMTP and the outgoing server connection.
- When the internet connection is slow.
Read Also – Cox Email Not Working
How to Resolve Roadrunner Email Not Working Problems?
Let’s look at the solutions you can easily follow to resolve the Roadrunner email not working problems.
Solution 1. Examine The Roadrunner Email Server Settings
The first recommended solution for solving the roadrunner email not working problems is to check and verify the email server settings. The correct settings for using the Roadrunner email server settings are as follows.
Roadrunner Incoming Server Settings
- Username: Your Roadrunner email address.
- Password: Login password of your Roadrunner email account.
- Server: pop-server.maine.rr.com.
- Port: 110
- Security Type: None
Roadrunner Outgoing Server Settings
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Login password of your Roadrunner email account.
- Server: SMTP-server.maine.rr.com
- Port: 587 or 25
- Security type: None
- Sign-in required: Check or select
Solution 2. Check the Server Status of Roadrunner Email
- If there is an issue with the Roadrunner email server, then the users can face many issues while using the email account. Although, these issues can be resolved automatically when the server issues get resolved.
- To check the server status, you can get help from many tools, such as a Down detector. This tool will help you to check the server problems related to any website.
- If you notice a server error with the Roadrunner email services, you have to wait until the server problem gets resolved. In a vice versa situation, if there is no issue with the Roadrunner server, you have to follow the other solutions to resolve the problem.
Also Read – SBCGlobal Email Not Working
Solution 3. Reset the Login Password of Roadrunner Email Account
Resetting the login password of the Roadrunner email account can be a helpful solution to fix many login issues with the email account. If you cannot remember the login password of your Roadrunner email account, then here are the steps you can easily follow to reset the login password.
- Firstly, click here to navigate to the Roadrunner email account login page.
- Then, search and click on the “Forget Password” option.
- Next, it will ask you to provide the account details, i.e., email address.
- After entering the email address, click on the “Continue” option.
- Moving ahead, it will ask you to provide the answers to the security questions.
- Once the security answers match, it redirects you to the Roadrunner email account.
- At last, you can easily follow the on-screen instructions to reset the login password of the Roadrunner email account.
Solution 4. Solve Roadrunner Email Not Working on Android
In case, if you are the Roadrunner email stopped working on the android mobile device, then below listed are the steps that you can easily follow to resolve these errors.
- Firstly, open the mail application on your mobile device.
- Then, enter the login credentials of your Roadrunner email account.
- Moving ahead, go to the POP settings for the Roadrunner email incoming server and then provide the login password of the email account.
- After that, provide the required settings for the POP and then select the IMAP server.
- Thereon, provide the asked details for the IMAP settings.
- Once you provide settings, click on the “Done” option.
After performing the above steps, try using the Roadrunner email account on the android mobile. These steps will help you to fix the mail not working problem on android.
Read Also – Comcast Email Not Working
Solution 5. Solve Roadrunner issues on iPhone
Roadrunner is one of the top email services across the globe, which is currently managed by Charter Communications that comes under the name of Spectrum. Roadrunner email services support all devices, i.e. Android, iPhone, or laptop (windows or mac). Despite providing the best features, users sometimes face many issues accessing their Roadrunner email account. If you are an iPhone user facing the Roadrunner email problems on your iPhone device, then below are the steps you can easily follow to resolve the problem.
In this blog, we will stick with the “Roadrunner not Responding on iPhone” issue. If you are also facing this issue, then there is no need to be worried about it.
Different Roadrunner Email Problems on iPhone
Let’s look at the common issues you may face while accessing your Roadrunner email account on iPhone.
- Unable to load the Roadrunner email account.
- Facing issues in sending or receiving new emails in your email account.
- Unable to change the login password of your email account.
- Difficulty in managing or accessing your email contacts.
- Unable to log in to the Roadrunner email account.
- Forgot login credentials of your email account.
How to Resolve Roadrunner Email Not Responding on iPhone?
Let’s briefly discuss the quick solutions you can follow to eliminate Roadrunner email problems on iPhone devices.
Solution 1. Verify Roadrunner Email Server Settings
In most cases, the Roadrunner not working issue generally arises due to the incorrect email server settings. While configuring the email account, if you have provided the wrong email server settings, it can lead to various technical glitches.
Given below are the correct server settings of the Roadrunner email account;
A). IMAP Server Settings
- Incoming server address: mail.twc.com
- Outgoing server address: mail.twc.com
- Incoming port: 993
- Outgoing port: 587
- Security type: SSL or TLS
- Insecure port: 143
B). POP Server Settings
- Incoming server address: pop-server.dc.rr.com
- Outgoing server address: smtp.roadrunner.com
- Incoming port: 110
- Outgoing port: 25
- Security type: STARTTLS
- Insecure port: 587
In case you find that there is a discrepancy with the email server settings, then rectify the needed changes on an immediate basis.
Solution 2. Update iPhone’s iOS Version to Latest Release
When you are using an outdated iOS version on your iPhone device, then it can cause Roadrunner email login problems. Considering it as a possible reason, here are the steps that you can execute to update the iOS version to the latest release;
- For updating the iOS version, open the settings application on your device and tap on “General”> “Software Update”> “Download”> “Install.”
- If you need to repair the iOS version, you can use various online tools such as “iMyFone Fixppo.” This tool will help you to fix all the system errors in your iPhone device.
Once you are done with the updating or repairing process, restart your device and verify whether the issue has been eliminated. If the issue exists, then move to the next solution.
Read Also – Effective Methods to Fix Juno Email Not Working Properly
Solution 3. Check Server Status
On some occasions, if the Roadrunner email server is down, users may face challenges in accessing their email accounts. Server issues can lead to various technical glitches, such as being unable to send or receive new emails, unable to load inbox, etc.
To check the online server status of Roadrunner, you can use various online websites such as down detector. Through this website, you can check if there is a server issue with the email services. If you find that the email server is down, you must wait until the issue gets resolved automatically.
Solution 4. Force Restart your iPhone Device
Force restarting your iPhone device can be another solution to fix the Roadrunner email not working issue. Restarting will give a clean slate and fresh start to your iPhone device.
Once you switch off your iPhone device, keep it idle for a few minutes and then turn it on again. After restarting your iPhone device, try to access your Roadrunner email account again and verify if this step has helped in fixing the issue or not.
Solution 5. Clear Up Storage Space
If there is not enough storage in your iPhone device, then you may not be able to receive new emails on your Roadrunner email account. In that scenario, you must delete all your device’s cache and unwanted applications.
- To clear storage space, navigate to the “Settings”> “General Tab”> “iPhone Storage”.
- Now, scroll down in the list of applications and delete the one you don’t use.
- After that, tap on the “Mail” application and “Offload app” options to delete the caches stored in your iPhone device.
Once you are done with the above steps, try to access your email account and verify if the Roadrunner not working issue has been fixed. If you are still facing the issue, then try the next solution.
Solution 6. Re-configure Your Email Account
If the above-mentioned solutions do not help you eliminate the issue, re-configuring the email account can bring fruitful results. Re-configuring will give a fresh start to your Roadrunner email account. Let’s look at the steps you can execute to remove and re-add the Roadrunner email account on your iPhone device.
A). Removing email account from iPhone
- First of all, open the settings application on your iPhone device.
- After that, scroll down in the settings and tap on the “Passwords and Accounts” section.
- Now, search for your Roadrunner email account under the accounts section and tap on it.
- At last, tap on the “Delete” option to remove the Roadrunner email account from your iPhone device.
B). Re-add your Roadrunner email account on iPhone
- On your iPhone device, open the settings application and tap on the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” option.
- After that, tap on the “Add Account”> “Other”> “Add Email Account” option.
- Thereon, provide the login credentials of your Roadrunner email account in the insert fields.
- Now, provide the incoming and outgoing server settings. [Refer the solution 1 to provide the email server settings.]
- Finally, once you are done with providing the email server settings, then tap on the “Save”> “Close” option.
Solution 6. Check the Attachment Sizes
If you cannot send new mails, you must check the size of the documents attached to the mails. Due to large size attachments, the mail can be spring back.
In that case, you must try to send the attachments one by one. Or a large attachment can be sent by dividing it into multiple attachments.
Solution 7. Unlock the Roadrunner Email Locked Account
The inactivity of the locked Roadrunner email account can result in a locked email account. In that case, you will not be able to send or receive new emails, and you will not be able to access the email account.
In this situation, you can only unlock the email account by resetting the login password.
Solution 8. Re-check the Recipient’s Email Address
In case after following the solutions mentioned above, you are still facing problems while sending the mail to a new email address. There can be many chances that the email address you are providing is incorrect. In that situation, you must re-check the recipient’s email address. You may make a small mistake while typing the email address, which can lead to the spring back of the mail id.
That’s the end of today’s blog. This blog post covered all the authentic and relevant information about why the Roadrunner email may not work properly. Above, we have listed the eight solutions you can easily follow to resolve the problem. If you still have any problems or have other queries related to the topic, then you can reach our Email experts through the chat box. You can also write us your query through mail . Our team is available 24X7 around the clock to help you solve your query.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are facing problems while using the Roadrunner email account with Outlook, here are the steps you can follow to fix the problem.
- Verify the server status of the Roadrunner spectrum email.
- Re-configure the Roadrunner email account on Outlook.
- Run MS Outlook in the safe mode.
- Check the internet connection.
With the effect of the rebranding, the Roadrunner email services have been stopped and rebranded as Spectrum. After that, all the users were asked to convert their mail domains to Spectrum before October 2019.
If you wish to delete your Roadrunner email account, then you can place a call at customer care number, i.e., 877-318-8333. Their team will guide you step by step to get your account deleted.
First of all, navigate to the Subscriber Self Care and provide the login credentials of your email account. After that, enter the image text in the insert field and click on the “Login” option. At last, click on the “Change Password” option and provide the new login password.
2 thoughts on “Roadrunner Email Not Working Properly on iPhone & Android”
How do I sync my RoadRunner email to my iPhone? Please help me.
Why is my emails not loading on my iPhone? I am not getting any emails on iPhone.