Estimated Read Time : 8:00
AOL Desktop Gold enables users to access full-fledged functionalities, including mailing, search, browsing, and much more. It has a simple and easy-to-use interface that makes it easy for users to navigate the AOL Desktop Gold and access its incredible features. However, you may encounter AOL Desktop Gold not working error when working with it. One of the many errors can irritate you to the core. In such a case, you need to gather some information about this issue, such as possible reasons and scenarios in which the error can take place. Once collected, you may implement the right solutions to troubleshoot the “Can’t login AOL Desktop Gold” issue. This post has covered everything helpful in eliminating the persisting AOL Desktop Gold error. Let’s start!
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind “AOL Desktop Gold Has Stopped Working”?
AOL Desktop Gold is known for its amazing functionalities. However, erroneous situations also occur while using the program. Some issues can be avoided; some can easily be resolved, whereas some need you to dedicate your time and effort to perform multi-faceted solutions. If you are having issues with AOL Desktop Gold login or are unable to perform other functions, the below-given factors can possibly give rise to this error:
- Inability to connect to the AOL server.
- Damaged installation of the AOL Desktop Gold.
- Erroneous or corrupt program files can also lead to errors.
- AOL Desktop is not compatible with the file already on your system.
- Malicious virus or malware attack on the program evokes AOL Desktop Gold not showing email.
- A damaged system’s hard drive can prevent you from running AOL Gold smoothly.
- Internet or network issues.
- The operating system is not able to process your request.
That’s all with some possible reasons why a user may encounter the AOL desktop gold not working issue. Read Also – TurboTax Not Working
Solutions to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Not Working
Let’s discuss some of the tried and tested solutions that you can execute to resolve AOL Desktop gold login problems and not working issues;
Solution 1. Check Your Device Compatibility to Use AOL Desktop Gold
At first, if your device is incompatible with AOL desktop gold, you might face various technical issues or glitches while opening the AOL desktop gold. Therefore, its always recommended first to verify the system requirements and device compatibility to use the software smoothly and efficiently. Given below is the list of the minimum requirements that your device must meet to install the software on your device
- RAM: Minimum 1 GB of free space
- CPU: Minimum 266 MHz or faster
- Windows / iOS version: Windows 7 edition or Mac OS X 10.0.0
- Storage Space: Minimum 512 MB free space
Solution 2. Force Close AOL Desktop Gold
Another solution you can execute to fix AOL desktop gold has stopped working is force closing the application. Here are the steps that you can perform to force close AOL desktop gold software on your PC; For Windows users>
- First, open the windows run command on your PC by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Thereon, type “taskmgr” in the search box, and then click on the “OK” option.
- After that, click on the “Processes” tab option and select the “AOL Desktop” application.
- AT last, end the pending processes by clicking on the “End Process or Task” option.
For Mac users> If you are using a Mac device to access the AOL desktop gold application, then here are the steps that you can follow to force close the application;
- First, do a right click on the AOL desktop gold application icon available at the bottom side.
- Then click on the “Force Stop” or “Quite” option.
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, re-launch the AOL desktop application and check if the issue has been eliminated. If you are still facing the issue that AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working, then try the next solution.
Solution 3. Updating Internet Explorer Print Margin Settings
Another possible reason that can lead to AOL desktop gold not working is incorrect print margin settings on Internet Explorer. In that case, here are the steps that you must perform to update Internet Explorer print margin settings on your device;
- First of all, launch the Internet Explorer web browser on your PC.
- Secondly, do a click on the “File” menu option.
- After that, you must click on the “Page Setup” option to move to the print margin settings.
- As the print margin settings appear on the screen, set all the margins (top, bottom, left, and right) to 0.25.
- Once you are done with the above steps, then click on the “OK” option to save the changes.
Now, try to resubmit the print job through AOL desktop gold software and verify whether the AOL desktop gold not working issue has been rectified or not.
Solution 4. Update AOL Desktop Gold Installer File
If you are using an outdated version of AOL desktop gold, it can be another possible reason for the issue. Therefore, you have to update the AOL desktop gold installer file to get the issue resolved. So, here are the steps that you can carry on to update the AOL desktop gold installer file;
- At first, navigate to the official website of AOL desktop gold.
- Thereon, search there for the updated installer file, and download it.
- As the downloading gets completed, then double-click on the file to open it and keep following the on-screen instructions.
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, launch the AOL desktop gold application and check if you are still facing issues in using it.
Solution 5. Verify the Add-ons
If you installed certain or additional add-ons on your device, these add-ons might be incompatible with the AOL desktop gold, leading to various issues. The best action, in this case, is to disable all the additional add-ons before launching the AOL desktop gold. Additionally, try to run a deep system scan on your device.
Solution 6. Remove Virus From Your Device
If your PC is affected by the virus, your system will work slowly, leading to various glitches. If there is a virus on your device, you may face an AOL desktop gold not working message on your device. To resolve this error, you must use anti-virus software to prevent malware from damaging your system. Ending Note As demonstrated above, we have covered six different tried and tested solutions that you can perform to resolve the AOL desktop not working issue. If you are still facing the error or have any other query related to the topic, you can get in touch with our experts through the chat box. Our AOL experts are available 24*7 to help you in using the AOL desktop gold smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. At times, users might experience AOL Desktop Gold Not Working issue due to improper application installation. Apart from this, there are plenty of other reasons that might lead to this issue, which are as follows.
- Sometimes, it may be caused due to damage or corruption in the hard drive.
- Viruses or other malicious infections might cause the application to work efficiently.
- It may occur due to damage or fault in the program files.
- Unsupported version of the AOL Mail service.
Ans. If you encounter AOL Desktop Gold Not Working issue the users won’t be able to access the application. Therefore, to fix the issue, follow the simple troubleshooting steps below.
- Ensure that you are accessing the enhanced version of AOL Desktop file on your device.
- After this, you must run the installer by accessing the file that you have downloaded.
- In the end, launch the application automatically after running the installer.
Ans. There are numerous reasons why users end up with AOL Desktop Gold not working on Chrome. Below we have mentioned all such causes; check them out.
- Sometimes, it may be caused due to issues with the operating system and network.
- You might experience that the operating system is unable to access the request.
- As a consequence of this error, the application begins to crash.
- In other instances, it may occur when the users failed to connect to the server.
Ans. Following are some essential facts you must consider before resolving AOL Desktop Gold Not Working issue.
- You must ensure that your system is compatible to run the AOL application.
- Verify that you have installed the upgraded version of AOL Mail on your device.
- Ensure that you are accessing an uninterrupted and stable internet connection.
- Be very attentive while entering the login credential into the email service.
Ans. The users can easily identify AOL Desktop Gold not working issue with the help of the following signs and symptoms.
- The users won’t be able to send and receive emails through AOL Desktop Gold.
- You might experience that your system begins to crash.
- Moreover, you might experience the sluggish performance of your operating system.
- Your active window begins to freeze frequently.
- The system starts responding slowly to your mouse and keyboard.