Estimated Read Time : 5:00
AOL email is one of the most famous and popular email service providers across the globe, and it offers a high range of features and benefits to its users. From large storage capacity to advanced security features, AOL provides various unique features to its users. Although, despite providing various features and benefits, there are many issues that AOL email users are facing, and “can’t login into AOL mail” is one of the common issues. In this guide, we will cover tested solutions that you can follow to resolve the error.
Dial Toll Free Number : +1-855-362-0770
Why I Can’t Access my AOL Mail Account?
Let’s take a look at the list of possible reasons due to why a user may face AOL mail login problems;
- Weak or poor internet connection.
- AOL email server issues.
- Incorrect account settings.
- Wrong login credentials for your AOL email account.
- The firewall settings are blocking the browser from connecting with the email server.
- An outdated web browser can also lead to AOL mail login problems.
- Forgotten login credentials of the email account.
- Low storage issues and the browser’s cache and cookies can sometimes provoke login issues.
How Do I Fix Can’t Login Into AOL Mail Issue?
Let’s take a brief look at the solutions that you can execute to resolve can’t login into AOL mail issue;
Solution 1. Delete Web Browser History
The first solution you follow is to delete the web browser’s history and cache on your device. Here are the steps that you can perform to delete the browser’s history and cache;
- At first, open the Google Chrome web browser on your device.
- Thereon, press the “Ctrl + H” keys together to open the history settings on your device.
- Followed by the above step, click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option, which is available at the left side of the screen.
- Thereon, select the “Advanced” tab option.
- After that, checkmark all the options and select the time range to the “All Time” option.
- At last, delete browser’s history by clicking on the “Clear Data” option.
Solution 2. Add AOL Email as Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
The next solution you follow to resolve AOL email login issues is to add AOL email as a trusted website in the Internet Explorer settings. AOL email uses Internet Explorer as a primary web browser to connect with the email server. Below mentioned are the steps that you can perform to add AOL email as a trusted website;
- At first, open the internet explorer web browser on your PC.
- Secondly, you have to select the “Tools” option and then click on the “Internet Options.”
- Moving ahead, switch to the “Security” tab and click on the “Trusted Sites” option.
- After that, click on the “Sites” option, and then add “www.aol.com” in the “Add this website to the zone” insert field.
- Once you complete the above steps, click on the “Add” and “OK” options.
- At last, close the web browser, and launch it again to implement the new changes.
Once you are done with this method, check whether the AOL email login issue has been fixed. In case, the issue still persists, then try the next solution.
Solution 3. Check AOL Email Server Status
Is AOL email down or not? In case of a server issue with the AOL email server, the users may face various issues in working with their AOL email account. In that scenario, users are suggested to check the server status of AOL email services.
There are various online websites through which you can easily identify the server status of any website, such as a down detector, etc. If you find that the AOL email server is down, you have to wait a few hours to resolve the issue.
In the other scenario, if you notice that there is no issue with the AOL email server, it indicates that the issue is related to something else. You have to carry out the other solutions to resolve the issue.
Solution 4. Reset Google Chrome Settings
The next solution you should follow in dealing with the can’t log in into AOL mail issue is resetting your device’s Google Chrome settings. Given listed are the steps that you can follow to reset the Google Chrome browser’s settings;
- Initially, open the Google Chrome browser on your device.
- Thereon, click on the three dots icon available on the right side of the screen.
- After that, a drop-down list will appear on your screen, and here you have to select the “Settings” option.
- You must click the “Advanced” option and select the “Reset Settings” option.
You have successfully reset Google Chrome’s settings by executing the steps mentioned above. Thereon, navigate to the official login website of your AOL email account, and try to access your email. If you need help accessing your AOL email account, move to the next solution.
Solution 5. Reset AOL Email Login Password
If you have forgotten the login password of your AOL email account and why you cannot log in to your AOL email account, then resetting the login password is the only option to recover your AOL email account. Given below are the steps that you can execute to reset the login password of your AOL email account;
- First, navigate to the official login page, i.e., login.aol.com.
- After that, provide your username/ email address in the insert field and click on the “Next” option.
- Now, you will be asked to provide the login password of your email account.
- As you can’t remember the login password, you have to click on the “I Forget My Password” option.
- You must select one option among the password resetting options, i.e., phone number or email address.
- After that, keep following the on-screen instructions to receive the verification code.
- You will be navigated toward the password resetting page by filling out the verification code.
- Now, you can follow the on-screen instructions to reset the login password.
At last, you can use the newly created password to log in to your AOL email account.
We hope you find this blog useful. In this context, we have covered five solutions you can execute to eliminate the can’t login into AOL mail issue. If you still have any queries related to the topic or need quick assistance in dealing with the issue, you can get in touch with our email experts. Our experts are available 24*7 to provide quick assistance and help you use the AOL email account smoothly. Send us your query now through mail, or you can also speak with our live agent through the chat box.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. There are multiple reasons why you can’t login into AOL Mail. To have a better understanding of all of them, read the pointers below.
- Misconfiguration of the AOL Mail settings.
- You are accessing the unsupported version of the web browser or the operating system.
- A sudden drop in the internet connection may also be responsible.
- Sometimes, it may appear when your email server is down or under maintenance.
- Entering incorrect login credentials might prevent you from accessing AOL Mail.
Ans. If you can’t login into AOL Mail, then go through the general troubleshooting steps below. This will help you easily access your email account to send and receive emails through AOL.
- Verify that you are accessing a stable internet connection.
- Try accessing a different web browser to sign in to your mail.
- Look at the spam or junk folders for any important notifications from AOL.
- Cross-check the login credentials to get access to your AOL mail account.
- Moreover, you must examine the unwanted browser’s or cache’s files.
Ans. Before fixing this issue, you must consider a few things in your mind.
- Ensure you use the same login details you entered while setting up an AOL account.
- Check that you are entering the login details on the right website.
- Always ensure that your passwords are case-sensitive, so enter them attentively.
- You must use the upgraded version of the web browser on your device.
- You are linked with a high-speed internet connection.
- Don’t forget to log out from the AOL account after using it so you can easily open it next time.
Ans. There might be certain instances when the users can’t login into AOL Mail when their mail gets hacked. Below we have listed some of the identifications to detect accounts being hacked easily.
- The users won’t be able to sign in to their AOL Mail account.
- Moreover, you might experience that your IP address starts looking fishy.
- You might obtain strange messages on your email account whenever the issue is raised.
- Your friends, and clients may start receiving spam emails from you.
Ans. Users sometimes can’t log into AOL Mail when they have lost or forgotten their mail password. Therefore, to recover your account password, apply the steps given below.
- Initially, launch your web browser and reach the official website of AOL.
- After this, enter the username and hit the Next option.
- Then, choose the “Trouble Signing In” option and it will display the lists of options to restore the password.
- You can recover the password through an email address or registered phone number.
- Once you pick any one of these following methods, you will get a verification code.
- Insert the code into the required text field and create a strong password. Then, you can sign-in to your account with the newly launched password.