Estimated Read Time : 5:00
If you want to change Adobe as PDF viewer on Mac and Windows 10, give this write-up heads-up. As you know, PDF is known to be one of the world’s most popular file formats. Many operating systems have a PDF viewer to open all PDF attachments, files, and documents. To make your PDF documents more feature-rich, switch your default viewer to Adobe Acrobat PDF viewer, making this more feature-rich.
How to Fix if PDF files Won’t Open in Windows 10?
Why Do I Need to Change My Default PDF Viewer to Something Else?
The default PDF viewer installed in your system is the best way to quickly open and read your PDF files. But there will be noticeable changes while reading any PDF documents in the default app, and it is because most of these default PDF viewers need the necessary tools to make edits or collaborate with their coworkers. If you want to change your default PDF viewer tool to adobe acrobat, then you need to have the ability to edit and collaborate tools that you may want in one place.
Dial Our Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
How to Change PDF viewer in Win 10?
If you are using Windows or Mac operating, your computer will open any PDF document on its default PDF viewer app. As for Windows, there is Microsoft Edge, and for MAC OS, there is Preview. In short, here are the steps to change the default PDF viewer for both operating systems.
Follow these Steps to Change PDF Viewer in Win 10 to Acrobat PDF Viewer:-
- First, Right-click on any of the thumbnails of any PDF file.
- Choose the Properties option from the home menu.
- After this, a new dialog box will open, and then you will see the Open With Option, which states which PDF viewer is set as your default PDF viewer application. Now, tap on the Change button.
- You can now choose Adobe Acrobat DC or Reader from the given list as your default.
- Finally, press the OK button to save and apply for changes.
To Change the PDF View on Mac, Go through these Below-Mentioned Steps:-
- To start, Right-click on the thumbnail of any PDF file.
- Click on the Get information option from the menu option.
- After that, choose the open with section and your Adobe Acrobat DC or Reader option from the dropdown list.
- Click the Change All option to apply this effect to all future PDF documents. Then, tap on the Finish button.
What is the Procedure For Changing PDF Viewer On Mac From Preview to Adobe?
Make sure to follow these steps to Change the PDF view on Mac:-
- First, you must control-click a PDF on your operating system.
- Also, you must move your cursor over open within the Pop-up menu to see your current default Viewer. Your default view will be displayed at the top from the side menu.
- Then, click on the Get Info application, and a new pop-up menu will open. Users can now see all the usual information, such as the PDF size, Creation date, last modified date, and much more.
- Next, you can see your default PDF viewer from the Open With tab. However, if the tab is still closed, you can choose the small gray arrow to the right to expand it.
- Also, you can choose the box with the name of your current default PDF viewer under the open menu.
- Select the default viewer with which you want to Change PDF View on Mac.
- Once you select your default viewer, the viewer will be shown in a box. Also, choose Change All option from the use this app to open documents like this menu.
- Lastly, a pop-up will appear asking you to verify that you want to change your default viewer. Then, click on the Continue option to change PDF View on Mac.
How to Change PDF Viewer in Win 10?
Users can easily change their default PDF viewer from Windows 10 to Microsoft Edge by checking out these below-listed steps:-
- First, Navigate to the Settings option and choose the Application option.
- Then, you can choose Apps>>Default Apps option.
- Once you choose the Default apps option, you can choose the Default app by file type option.
- Next, make sure to choose the current default application for the PDF file format or the application you want to choose as your new default.
This blog has come to an end. This guide has covered everything you need to know about how you can change PDF View on Mac and in Win 10. However, you can contact us via our official website for further queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Users can also change their default viewer by using the steps mentioned above for both Mac & Windows users. However, users can also navigate the settings and adjust their PDF viewer to their desired application.
It is quite easy to change your default PDF viewer; all you need to do is follow these steps:-
- Firstly, right-click on the Thumbnail of any file.
- And from the menu, click on Properties.
- Then, a new dialog box will appear, and from there, you can choose Adobe Acrobat DC or any other application as your default.
- Lastly, press the Ok button to save and apply for changes.