Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Is Firefox crashing Issues also interrupting while opening? Well, the common cause for that can be an installation error or can be some technical issue that many users are unable to troubleshoot by themselves. Thus they need assistance. Mozilla Firefox is one of the best and most trusted web browsers available online on which users can rely on. The reason why Mozilla still exists in the list of top browsers is the constant updates made in Firefox as per the user’s demands.
How to Install an HP Printer without the CD?
However, even after constant updates and various features for providing ease of convenience to the users, errors constantly show up, among which the most common one is when the Firefox web browser starts to crash repeatedly, and users are unable to access the internet. Thus, here we have provided all the information, including common causes due to which Mozilla crashes and common solutions based on which users might be able to fix Firefox’s constant crashing problems.
Common Causes Why Firefox Not Working and Constantly Crashes
The most probable cause due to which the Firefox web browser kept crashing constantly is that you have not properly downloaded the Mozilla installation file on your computer, due to which it is unable to load properly in the system. Other technical causes for Mozilla crashing in the system are listed below:
- You might not have updated the latest version of Mozilla in your system.
- Any unwanted or suspected add-ons or extensions in the system can cause Mozilla to crash repeatedly without any cause.
- Mozilla might crash due to cache files saved in the browser in the background.
- There might be a chance the browser is incompatible with the security software you are currently using, and due to security concerns, it is constantly interrupted by the Antivirus.
- You might need to disable the hardware acceleration feature in your web browser.
- Your system might have some pending updates or drivers to be installed, due to which the operating system is unable to load the web browser.
How to Fix the “Mozilla Firefox Keeps Crashing” Issue
Based on the causes mentioned, you can take the given measure, which is discussed step-by-step, to fix the Mozilla Firefox issue:
Uninstall and Reinstall when Firefox not working
You need to uninstall the web browser from the control panel and download it properly with a stable internet connection. Following are the steps for uninstalling and reinstalling the Firefox Browser :
- Go to the control panel, and from there, navigate to the section “Program and Features.”
- After that, click on the option “Uninstall a Program,” after which a list of programs will appear, from which you need to select Mozilla Firefox.
- Right-click on it and then click Uninstall.
- Now delete the other remaining folder related to Mozilla Firefox, which still remains even after the uninstallation from the program. You can check for the remaining Firefox files in the “C” drive.
In order to Reinstall, you need to open your default web browser and then type Mozilla Firefox in the search option.
- From the list of results, select Mozilla Firefox download and click on it.
- From the official website, you can have the latest version of the web browser and click on it to start the downloading process.
- Once the file has been downloaded, navigate to the download folder and double-click on the file to start the installation process.
Run an Antivirus scan and check for any Malware or Unknown Application
You need to run an antivirus scan in your and search for any malware files or any applications from unknown sources. The likelihood of Firefox being crashed by other unknown applications is quite high. Thus check out for any unknown application or virus, and in case you detect one then remove it from the system and try to run Mozilla again.
Update Mozilla Firefox to the Latest Version
In order to deal with Mozilla Firefox not working error, you need to update the browser to the latest version. In order to update to the latest version, follow the given steps:
- Open Firefox and navigate to the three-bar option on the right-hand side of the window.
- From the drop-down menu, select the settings option, and after that, go to General Settings.
- There you can find the option “Check for Updates.” Click on it and wait for a few minutes.
- After that, two options will be available on the screen from which you need to click on “Restart to Update Firefox.” Make sure you have checked the option “Automatically Install Updates” option.
Clear Browsing History in Firefox browser, including all the Cache Files
A corrupted cache in the browsers can create a hindrance while accessing the internet. In case you want to remove the corrupted cache files from the Mozilla Firefox Web Browser, follow the given steps:
- Launch the Mozilla browser and then go to the menu icon on the right side of the window.
- From the drop-down menu, select “History,” and from the side menu, select “Clear Recent History.”
- You need to select “Everything” from the time range and tick mark on every option, and after that, select “Clear Now.”
- Now try to run Mozilla Firefox again.
Clear Other Firefox Temporary Files from the system
Now that you have cleared the browsing history in Firefox along with the cache files, you need to remove all the files and folders related to the web browser in your system
- Open the Run window in your system, and there, type the following command:
- Now, you need to navigate to the folder with “default-release” and open it. Select all the folder which has the name “cache” in them and delete them.
Disable other Add-ons and extensions from the Firefox Browser
- Select the menu icon on Firefox, and from the drop-down, select help.
- From the new window, you need to click on “Restart with Add-ons” disabled.
Update the System Driver
It is necessary to update the system driver for other applications to run properly in it. To check and update the system drivers, follow the given steps:
- You have to open the device manager.
- Now open the run prompt, and there you need to type “devmgmt. msc”.
- In the device manager, you will see the list of devices. There you can see the apps which need a critical update with an exclamation mark.
- Right-click on them and select “Update Drivers.”
Fix Firefox Crashing Issues on Android
If your Firefox is not working on android, you can take the same measure as mentioned above. However, You can also manually synchronize on desktop device, then try to run Mozilla on the Android device. Which might fix the Firefox constantly crashing issues on Android.
Firefox Crashing Issues on iPhone
You can offload the Firefox browser application through the general setting of your iPhone, if its crashing on iPhone.
After reading this post, you can easily troubleshoot crashing issues of Firefox web browser. From the above discussion, we conclude that the basic measure to fix Mozilla Firefox is to keep your system and browser updated and remove other unnecessary applications from the system. In case you need any further assistance, you can contact us at +1-855-362-0770, where our technical expert will connect with you and provide you required help in fixing any issue you are having not only with Mozilla but any other browser. You can also connect through live chat on which we will revert within a given time with the desired solution.