Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Users might have to cancel their McAfee subscription when they don’t wish to use the antivirus software any more. However, if you are looking for the proper way to cancel Subscriptions, then don’t worry. Instead, go through this detailed post attentively and have a complete knowledge to manage McAfee subscription.
Getting issues while trying to Cancel McAfee Subscription? Give us a call at +1-855-362-3099 and connect with our professionals for instant help.
Install Norton Antivirus on Mac Computer
Stepwise Instructions to Cancel McAfee Subscription on Windows Device
- Reach the official website of McAfee and sign-in to your account with correct login credentials.
- Select the square grid (᎒᎒᎒) icon present at the top-right corner. Later on, from the extended lists of options, pick My Account option.
- From your account dashboard you are supposed to tap on the Auto-Renewal option.
- Next to the subscription you wish to cancel, hit the Update Settings option and then click End my Membership.
- As a result, it will open a window with a message displaying “Hey, before you go…..”. Herein, opt for the highlighted End my Membership option.
- Make sure that you are qualified for a refund. The best way to check for it is by accessing McAfee’s virtual assistant.
- If you are eligible for the refund, go back to the service.mcafee.com and choose the Request a Refund option.
- Next, check your location, language preferences and again click on the Request a Refund option.
- After this, it will redirect you to the screen where you must pick the reason why you want a refund.
- Once you have picked the correct reason, you will be given the proper instructions to consult with McAfee and request for the refund. The instructions might differ based on the location you have chosen.
Steps of Subscription Cancellation of McAfee on iOS or iPad
If you have bought the McAfee subscription from the Apple App Store, then proceed with the following steps given below.
- Initially, navigate to the Settings menu on your Apple device.
- After this, hit the Apple ID from the top of the screen and then move ahead.
- Below your name, opt for the highlighted Subscriptions tab.
- Now, search beneath the Active Subscriptions for the McAfee Subscription that you wish to cancel and tap on it.
- At last, hit the highlighted Cancel Subscription option.
On the other hand, to get a refund from McAfee subscription, reach the reportproblem.apple.com.
Otherwise, you can do it through the iOS or iPad through the steps given below:
- Login to your Apple ID and look beneath the “What can we help with you?” to opt for the Request a Refund option.
- After this, opt for the why you want a refund option from the drop-down menu list.
- From the upcoming screen, pick McAfee from the purchased items lists and hit the Submit option. You will see that Apple will connect with you instantly and let you know whether the refund request has been accepted or not.
Stepwise Instructions to Drop off Subscription on Your Android Smartphone or Tablet
If you have bought the McAfee subscription through the Google Play Store, implement the instructions given below closely.
- In the initial stage, hit the Gear icon from the bottom of the screen.
- After this, choose My Account followed by Manage Account option.
- As a result, it will load the web browser on your screen. Then, you must sign-in to your McAfee account with appropriate details.
- Scroll your cursor to the Auto-Renewal option and click on it to move ahead.
- Besides the subscription you want to cancel, hit Update Settings followed by End my membership option.
- Consequently, it will launch the window that reflects the error message indicating “Before you go ……” window. Herein, go for the End my Membership option.
- At last, if you qualify for the refund, you must connect to McAfee. Based on your location, you have to give a call at the specified number.
Note:- When you call them, check that you have the proof of purchase along with the location from where you get the McAfee product.
Alternative Ways to Cancel your McAfee Subscription
Using an alternative way to Cancel your McAfee Subscription, you must cancel McAfee Auto-renewal features. Once you disable the Auto-Renewal function, you will see the following effects.
- You can cancel your subscription effectively. But, you must be well-versed about the fact that you can run the McAfee product until the expiry of the subscription period.
- It won’t deduct any charges from your credit card and verifies that you won’t be charged again at the end of the subscription period.
What Should You Do To Cancel McAfee Auto-Renewal?
To change or cancel the McAfee auto-renewal settings, go through the instructions below.
Case 1: Switch-Off the Auto-Renewal Feature
If you wish to disable the auto-renewal feature in McAfee for the product subscription, apply the steps below.
- Initially, reach the myaccount.mcafee.com and insert the email address and password linked with McAfee.
- After this, hit the highlighted “Sign-In” option and proceed further.
- Navigate to the Auto-Renewal title and then beneath the Auto-Renewal Membership opt for the End Auto-Renewal.
- From the upcoming screen, you can either hit the End Auto-Renewal or Keep Auto-Renewal as per your preference.
- To enable auto-renewal feature, you will have accomplish these steps.
Case 2: Enable the Auto-Renewal Feature
Go through the instructions below to turn-on the auto-renewal feature in McAfee.
- In the initial stage, visit myaccount.mcafee.com and add your registered login credentials properly.
- After this, hit the Sign In option to proceed further.
- Next, go to the Auto-Renewal title and beneath the Auto-Renewal Membership, hit the Turn-On feature.
- Go through the Auto-Renewal policy closely and once you are ready to enable the auto-renewal feature, select Agree.
- As a result, it will enable the auto-renewal feature. Thus, it will automatically renew your McAfee subscription once it gets expired to keep you safe from the unwanted threats.
Wrapping It Up!!
We give you the guarantee that this post will definitely guide you to Cancel McAfee Subscription. If you are still getting issues while cancelling the subscription, consult with our professionals anytime through a live chat facility.