Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Canon is one of the top-selling printer brands available in the market. Compact inkjet photo All-in-One printer is renowned in the market for its marketable affordability and at most convenience is modelled by Cannon technology and named as Pixma MG2900. It also offers the opportunity to connect a Canon printer to WiFi. This feature fulfils the needs of wireless printing requirements.
In this blog, we will discuss the ways to connect Canon mg2900 printers to WiFi. This printer’s wireless feature will allow users to make copy scans and print virtually regardless of geography. It makes work more accessible, and you can give commands virtually anywhere around your house. Furthermore, this printer provides 4800×600 dpi color resolution, which enables the user to produce impeccable prints.
Music and also employ WiFi-enabled devices such as laptop tablets, iPhone smartphones iPad to connect printers and make it. We suggest you read and explore new ways to connect the Canon MG2900 printer to your computer and smartphone and make it wireless.
This comprehensive guide will give you a view to set up your canon printer with the appropriate steps. If users face any problem or search for advanced options, you can contact at canon support number and check out different ways to connect to WiFi.
Some prerequisites are essential to set Canon MG2900 as wireless as these are the details required during canon MG2900 printer wireless setup.
- User must have a smooth,proper and reliable internet connection
- Next important point for the user to take note of your wireless network name (SSID)
Users can follow a series of steps to set the canon MG2900 printer as wireless.
- Firstly turn on the MG2900 printer and ensure the power LED of the printer is on
- The next step is to press the WiFi button on the printer to switch the connection mode
- User must not forget to ensure that the WiFi alarm lamp blinks
- Now release the WiFi button once the WiFi light flashes the third time
- Locate SSID on the printer control panel and tap on it to select
- Now it’s time to enter the password and tap on to connect to get an answer on how to jointhe Canon MG2900 printer to WiFi
These are steps thathelp set up a canon printer to wireless. You can follow these steps to avail the best features and utilize the technology available by Canon.
Canon has tailored such efficient and productive printers to meet all the business requirements handily. But if the user cannot understand the steps and cannot connect the printer to the WiFi. Then you can call the Canon customer care number and seek direct assistance from highly experienced and qualified technicians of Canon. You can also reach us by email or live chat option. Our representative will reach out in 48 hours.
Question 1: What is the WPS button on a Canon MG2900 printer?
Answer: WPS permits any user to connect their printer to a wireless network. No matter if you know the name of the Wireless network or not, all you need is a Proper wifi router that can provide support to WPS.
Question 2: How do I get my Canon MG2900 printer to connect to my wifi?
Answer: With the help of a WI-FI Protected Setup or WPS, you can connect your Network device to other secure wireless networks quickly. To connect your Canon printer to your personal internet connection, you simply need a router that supports WPS. Now, once you meet the minimum requirement, follow the given steps:
- Initiate the process by clicking A
- Now, Hit the wifi tab.
- Select Settings.
- Thereafter, click on wifi Setup.
- Next, select the WPS (Push Button Method) option, and click Ok.
- After that, press the WPS button present on the wireless router.
- Click Ok on the printer tab instantly.
- Note: If some other screen is appearing, then click on the Troubleshooting option.
- Now, another screen will appear on your screen saying Connected to the Wireless router”, Hit ok.
- Note: Again, if some different screen appears, you have to click on the troubleshooting method.
- Tap the Home icon present on the left of your screen.
- Now get back to your application software and configure the setup.
- Hit the dock, and follow all the on-screen prompt instructions.
- Now to end the process, click on ok, and you are done.
Question 3: How do I reset my Canon MG2900 wifi?
Answer: Follow these steps to reset the machine settings of Canon mg2900 :
- Initially, check if the machine is Enabled.
- Now, you have to press and hold the Stop button for some time. Until then, your Alarm lamp should flash 21 times.
- Then release the Stop Option.
All the machine settings are started up till now, and the resetting of your Canon mg2900 is also completed.
Note: The password from IJ Network Tool can be seen in the default settings on its own.
Question 4: Why is my Canon printer not connecting to wifi?
Answer: If you are not able to connect your Canon printer to wifi, then you have to verify a few things:
- Turn off your printer.
- Check the wifi lamp. It should be switched on, on the front side of the printer.
- Review and see if the printer setup process is an app.
- Verify if the USB cable is connected properly while the printer is connected to the system.
- Eliminate all the hindrances.
- While using IJ Network Tool, select Update to find the printer again.
- You must verify that there is no radio wave interference in the vicinity.
Question 5: Is it possible to connect wifi without the WPS button?
Answer: In case your printer doesn’t have WPS, then you have to enter a Network key (i.e., a list of letters & numbers) in the printer with the help of functions buttons and a screen on the printer to build a connection between the router and the printer.