Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Do you want to learn the exact steps to Connect your Canon MG2900 Printer to the Wi-Fi? If so is the case, then you have arrived at the perfect Spot.
When you Connect Canon MG2900 Printer to your Wi-Fi Network, you can easily print, scan & copy different documents wirelessly. It is the easiest way to print, but you first need to know the next steps to connect it. Thus in this article, we have provided an overall analysis of How to Connect Canon MG2900 Printer to WiFi.
Wondering how to Connect Canon MG2900 Printer to Wi-Fi and need quick assistance? Reach out to our experts to obtain quick tips to fix the error by dialing +1-855-362-0770
Preconditions to Connect MG2900 to the Wi-Fi.
Before going further with the steps to Connect Canon MG2900, let’s grab the information about the prerequisite you need to fulfill:
- The Printer must be Configured on a laptop or PC.
- The printing sheet must be carefully kept in the input tray.
- The cartridge needs to be placed in a proper way.
- The latest version of the Printer should be downloaded.
How to Connect Canon MG2900 Printer to WiFi?
There are two ways by which you can Connect your Canon MG2900 Printer with available Wi-Fi.
- Connecting Canon Mg2900 with WiFi using WPS Method
- The Standard Method
Connect Canon MG2900 Printer to WiFi using WPS Method
The Printer should be placed near WiFi Router. To connect the WiFi to the Printer, follow the given instructions:
- Long press the WiFi tab on the Printer until the alarm lamp flashes.
- After that Press, the WPS tab immediately, and wait until you see the blue light signal from the WiFi. By following this, you will confirm the network setting.
- After that, you have to Turn on the Canon MG2900 Printer.
Note: Ensure that an A-4-sized sheet is inserted into the Printer.
- Now the Resume and the Cancel options needed to be pressed together until the alarm lamp flashed 15 times.
- Next, you can release those buttons and test if the print page gets printed.
Here you are done with the connection of your Canon MG2900 Printer to the Wi-Fi using the WPS method.
The Standard Method
The Standard Method is done with the help of Canon Wireless Direct. This process doesn’t usually require a router with an Active Network connection. But you need to keep the Printer near the laptop or computer.
After that, make modifications in the LAN Settings of the Printer, and press the WIFi button until its light gets flashes. Next, Press the black button until you can see the ON light of the WiFi. AGAIN PRESS THE BLACK BUTTON TO SUM UP, THE OVERALL PROCESS.
Exact step to follow to Connect a Canon MG2900 Printer to WiFi
- Press the WiFi Button until you can see the Flashlight.
- Next, long Press the WiFi tab till your alarm light flashes.
- The connection will change by itself according to the Flashlight.
- When you see the third flash, simply disable the WiFi.
- Now, make a network configuration modification.
- In case you want to use the WPS, you need to press & hold the WiFi & alarm buttons together till the WiFi flashes completely.
- In the next few second, the WiFi and the On tab blinks, and the Printer’s setup is confirmed properly.
Steps to Download and Install the Canon MG2900 Driver
Below we have mentioned the two ways that can help you in downloading & installing the Canon MG2900 Driver in your system:
Download & Install the right MG2900 Driver Manually
To upgrade or download the MG2900 Driver manually, you need to know a few details about your system, like the printer model you have, the windows version you are using, etc. Then you have to look for the exact Driver from Canon’s official website.
- Go to Canon’s official website, and look for the Support option.
- Next, select the Software and Drivers button, and move to the next page.
- In the search box, enter MG29 and select your Printer model from the drop-down menu.
- Here you have to tap on the Pixma MG2920 White Printer to get the demo.
- Thereafter, look for Drivers & Downloads, tap, and select it.
- Now, select your operating system, and hit the select option.
- Moving ahead, tap on the Download menu, and the installation of Canon Drivers will be started.
- After downloading the right Canon MG2900 driver for your system, you can move further by double-clicking on the file.
- You can complete the installation by following the on-screen Prompt appearing on your screen.
Automatically update the Canon MG2900 Drivers using Driver Update Software
In case the Driver is not available in your system, then you can choose the automatic process for the installation of the Driver, and the most convenient way to do so is by using Advanced Driver Updater.
- Open the official website of Advanced Driver Updater.
- Next, you have to download the latest version.
- Select the Download tab present below to initiate the driver updater software.
- Once you have installed the Advanced Driver Updater, run it and then wait for the complete scan of your system.
- Moving ahead, look for the Canon MG2900 driver or any other driver of your preference on the next page.
- Now, select the Update Driver or multiple outdated drivers as well to update all of them.
- At last, hit the Update All button.
Drawing to a Conclusion!!
By the end of this post, we hope that you have collected all the important information regarding the steps to Connect the Canon MG2900 Printer to Wi-Fi. If you require additional help, you can communicate with our highly-skilled professionals through the live chat facility for a quick resolution.