Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Having trouble connecting Canon Printer with your Mac Device? Well, here we are with the solutions through which you can easily connect Canon Printer with Mac. Without proper installation of devices in your system, there will be a lot of troubles while doing tasks, especially in the case of professionals whose day-to-day work will be interrupted by these issues. Read the full article in order to check Canon Printer installation on your Mac device step-by-step and resolve your particular issue.
Why am I Unable to Connect my Canon Printer with Mac Device
Various possible reasons can be found because of why you are unable to connect your Mac device to Canon, some of which are listed below:
- Driver Issues: There might be a chance that you have not installed the driver for the specific printer which you have brought. For that, you need to visit the official website of Canon, install the proper driver, and enable it in order to run Canon Printer on Mac. Instruction to install the Canon Printer driver is discussed in the article below.
- Network Issue: You need to have a proper connection while printing on your Canon device through Wi-Fi.
- Need more permission: Sometimes, you need to have administrator-level privileges in order to give the command to print.
- Loose connection and cable: Apart from various internal issues within the system, there might be a chance that due to any loose cable or connection, you might not be able to connect Canon Printer with a Mac device.
Different ways to Connect Canon Printer with Mac Device
The user who wishes to install Canon Printer on their Mac device can connect it through 2 different ways, which are listed below:
Add Canon Printer to Mac through Wi-Fi
The process by which you can connect a Canon printer to a mac by using Wi-Fi is very simple, but first, you need to connect Canon Printer to the Wi-Fi network via a router.
Connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi network.
First, you need to turn on your Printer. Click on the home screen button.
- You need to set up a wireless setting on your printer for which you can follow the given path:
- Wi-Fi / LAN Settings / Wireless LAN/ Wireless LAN Setup / Easy Wireless Connect / Yes.
- Once you have set up a wireless network on your printer, click on the Wi-Fi button and hold it until the light blinks.
- Now, go to your router and click on the WPS button and hold it for 2 minutes.
- Your printer is now will be looking for the available wireless network. This will be indicated by the blinking Wi-Fi light on your printer.
- Once your Canon Printer has stopped printing, the Wi-Fi will stop blinking. Now your printer has been connected to the wireless network.
Connect Canon Printer with Mac
- Open System Preference.
- Select “Printer and Scanner” and choose the “+” button.
- Select the Canon Printer which you need to connect to the computer.
- Click on the Add Button
Connect Canon Printer to your Mac Device via USB.
In order to connect a Mac device with a Canon printer, follow the given steps:
- Turn on your Printer.
- Now with the help of a USB cable, connect your printer and desktop manually.
- Now you need to follow the same steps as mentioned above by going to “System and Preference.”
- Click the “+” button. Select the canon printer and tap the “Add” button.
Install Canon Printer Driver on your Mac Device
In order to ensure that your Canon Printer works properly with Mac Device, you need to Install the updated drivers. You can install the Canon Printer driver through the official website directly, as discussed below:
- Install Canon Driver from the official website.
- You can easily type “Canon Printer Driver for Mac” on google and click on the result titled “ Software and Drivers,”
- After that, you need to type the name of your Canon Printer.
- Provide your system specifications required and download the Drivers. Once the download is completed, click on the file, and it will be automatically installed on your system.
Setup Canon Printer Driver on Mac Device
Once you have downloaded the Canon Printer Driver, follow the given steps to install it:
- After the driver has been installed, a helper tool will appear, and you need to click on “Next” to download it.
- A new window will appear. Enter your system credentials(user-name and password) and click “Install Helper.”
- Now Click on Start Setup and select “Next” on the security notice.
- After the setup has been completed, you need to agree on the license agreement and finally click “OK.”
- From the connection method, select SSID network and enter the password. Click Next.
Wrapping it Up
From the given information discussed, we hope that you can easily troubleshoot any issue when you connect Canon Printer. Make sure that you don’t have any loose cable connections or any other external issue. In case you still have any trouble while connecting Canon Printer to your Mac, you can contact us through live chat, or you can call us. We are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you required solutions within the minimum time possible.