Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Constantly receiving Failure 0x6100004a message while using an HP printer? Well, that’s a common issue for which the possible cause can be a hardware issue or any technical glitch in the printer, like a problem with the firmware. While this error can easily be troubleshot by the users themselves, they still need guidance on where to start and what to do.
Thus, here we have provided all the necessary information which will be helpful for the HP printer users who are facing HP Printer Error code 0x6100004a message while using the printer. HP printers are one of the most convenient printers which are easy to use and thus are preferred by a number of users who have printing as one of the most common tasks in their errands. Any issue with the printer, even a minor, can disrupt the whole working routine of the people. Thus read the article to know how to fix HP Error 0x6100004a.
Common Cause Due to Which You are Receiving HP Printer Failure 0x6100004a
Error 0x6100004a can occur due to both hardware problems and software errors. Following are the possible causes for HP Printer Failure 0x6100004a:
Any Issue with the Printer’s firmware
Using your printer for such a long time without giving the device a break or not using the HP printer properly can create issues due to which the message Error 0x6100004a is indicated on the printer screen. In order to troubleshoot this cause, you need to reset the printer from the start and then try to run it again.
The HP Printer Ink cartridge might have been clogged.
Using printers repeatedly can clog the cartridges and make them unable to work properly, thus giving HP printer Error 0x6100004a on the screen. For that, you need to open the printer and manually check for the clogged cartridges in your HP printer.
The printer Carriage has been Stranded.
The carriage is the main component that holds the cartridges and moves back and forth in order while the paper is printing. Due to any reason, the paper gets stuck in the printing path and thus the carriage stop working, thus giving Error 0x6100004a while using an HP printer. The solution for this problem also involves the manual check-up, where you need to open the printer and check out for any stuck paper in the printer.
How to Resolve HP Printer Failure 0x6100004a
Based on the root causes mentioned, we have provided solutions for each one of them step-by-step below:
Reset the Printer Firmware
You need to reset the HP printer settings, which require you to turn off the printer and rewire all the connections of the printer to the system, including the power sources. Follow the given steps to reset the to fix HP Printer Error 0x6100004a by resetting the printer mechanism:
- First, you need to turn on your printer and wait for a few minutes until it becomes idle.
- After that, you directly need to remove the power cord and again wait for a few more minutes.
- Now insert the power cord and start your printer. You need to wait until the HP printer you are using becomes idle. After that, try to run a test print.
Clean the Clogged Cartridges or Vents in the Printer
If the issue persists after resetting the printer, you need to check for clogged cartridges. Before that, make sure that you have a pin, a distilled water bottle, a cloth, and a cotton swab as prerequisites. After that, follow the given steps:
- Turn on your HP printer and then open the cartridge access door.
- Select the cartridge, and press the tab button in order to release the cartridge. After that, remove it from the printer to check for any clogs.
- Check for any orange colour tab on the HP printer ink cartridge. if the colour tab is present on HP cartridge, then you need to remove it.
- Now, on the top of the cartridge near the HP logo, you can check for a clogged vent. In case there is a clogged vent, clean it with the help of a Pin.
- Now, look out for any collected ink on the surface of the cartridge. Clean it with a dry cloth.
- Now insert the cartridge back in the printer and follow the same process for another one. Once completed the whole procedure, check if the error persists.
Check for any Jammed Paper in the HP Printer Carriage.
There can be a possibility the HP Error Failure 0x6100004a is displaying on the screen due to any stuck paper in the carriage. To check for this, follow the given steps:
- Turn off the printer and turn it around to open the rear access door.
- There, look out for any stuck paper, and if present, remove it slowly and carefully; if the paper gets torn while pulling, then it will be more difficult to remove it afterward.
- Now restart the printer and then check with a test print.
Contact HP Customer Support
In case you are still not able to troubleshoot the HP printer Error 0x6100004a by yourself from the above-discussed solutions, then you need to contact HP customer support. Follow the given steps to reach out to HP support services.
- Visit the official website of HP support.
- There, select the “support” option present at the top of the page. From the drop-down menu, select the printing option.
- On the new page, you need to type your printer details or select the option where the printer will automatically detect.
- Now select the option “Still Need Help” and then fill out the trouble you are having along with your mail ID and other contact details. The HP customer team will contact you with possible solutions.
On an Ending Note
From the above-provided information, we hope that you can easily troubleshoot the HP printer failure 0x6100004a by yourself. In case you are facing further issues, you need to contact HP customer support at +1-855-362-0770. In case of delay from the HP customer, you can reach us for further assistance by dialing the number given below or using the live chat. Where we will immediately revert to you and provide the required support for any issue with your HP printer.