Estimated Read Time : 5:00
When AT&T Email Not working with Outlook, then you can read our article to resolve. AT&T is considered the top-rated and one of the largest telecommunication companies. It provides widely used services from the landline and television to the internet and emails to everyone worldwide. Unfortunately, similar to any other service, its services, especially webmail services, suffer from technical glitches.
AT&T Email Not Working with Outlook – Resolved
Most of the time, users have complained about the issues such as; ATT email not working with Outlook whenever they open it with Outlook on Windows 10. Today’s blog is for users facing similar issues with Att.net email not working with Outlook. We will cover all the possible solutions to resolve this specific issue in no time. Let’s get started;-
Methods to Resolve “Troubleshooting AT&T Email Not Working with Outlook” Issue
1. Configure Your ATT Mail Outlook Settings
Sometimes, the ATT Email is not working with Outlook, mainly because of its settings. Wrong or incorrect configuration of ATT mail settings for Outlook can lead to this issue because an ATT email account needs to be fixed with the MS Outlook issue. So, before you do anything else, it is important that you check all the proper settings of AT&T Mail for Outlook and then configure you’re yet again with the following steps:
- First, open Microsoft Outlook and choose the File option to click on Account Settings from the category information.
- Then, you can click on the Email>>New option.
- Afterward, turn on your Server Settings and then click on the Next option.
- Once you have clicked on the Next option, then you can Press the Next option.
- Next, you can choose the internal email addresses.
- Once again, hit Next to enter your data into the User Data dialog fields:
For AT&T IMAP Settings in Outlook:
- Incoming email server; Imap.mail.att.net, & Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing email server; smtp.mail.att.net; & Outgoing Port: 465
For ATT POP Settings in Outlook:
- Incoming Email Server: inbound.att.net; incoming Port; 995
- Outgoing Email Server: Outbound.att.net; Outgoing Port; 465
Once you are done with these details, you can fill in the following settings under the “Login Information” tab:
- Email Address; Your ATT Email ID
- Password; Your ATT email account Password
- Login with security; SSL
In the end, click on the Test Settings, and if everything seems fine, then you can press the Next>>Finish button to save and finish your configuration of At&T email account settings for Outlook. After following all the steps carefully, you can log in to your AT&T email account on Outlook by simply entering all the login details.
2. Check For Any Third-Party Antivirus Software
It is important to check for any third-party antivirus software or Windows firewall settings because it can occur if there’s any conflict or interference with other software or email accounts. Navigate to your Windows firewall settings and disable your third-party antivirus software program. If disabling the option does not work, you can uninstall your program or switch to another antivirus.
3. Utilize an IMAP Account Instead of a POP
IMAP account type is more effective, secure, and advanced in features than the POP Account. Moreover, it is advised to use an IMAP Account that easily permits users to sync their emails across their devices and to configure an IMAP account to take help from the steps mentioned above of ATT email account settings for Outlook.
4. Remove & Re-Add Your Email Profile
To fix the ATT email not working with the Outlook issue, remove your ATT email account from Outlook and then add it again. Go through these steps to do so:
- First, open Outlook and navigate to the Files>>Account Settings tab.
- From the Account Settings tab, you can choose Manage Profiles and click on Show Profiles.
- Afterward, choose your account from the Show Profiles to click on the Remove button to remove your account from MS Outlook.
- Next, add your account again, sign in, and follow the steps in method 1.
5. Start MS Outlook in Safe Mode
Now, if you have realized that some add-ons may be interfering with your MS Outlook software on safe mode, avoid any interference by following these two simple steps:
- Press Windows Key + R simultaneously to open the “Launch Dialog Box.” Type in Outlook/Safe Mode in that pop-up box and then hit the OK button.
- Next, a new Window will appear, and then you must click the Continue button to open Outlook in the safe Window mode.
6. Switch to Google DNS
There are chances that these issues may occur due to the DNS settings, and it is advised that you should switch to Google’s DNS and to do so:
- To start, click on your Network and sharing center icon from the Tasker to open Network.
- From the Network section, you can select the Change adapter option.
- Next, from all the available options, click on the Network you currently use and right-click on its properties.
- Choose the Internet Protocol Version 4/ (TCP/IPv4) from the given list under the Properties section. And again, click on the Properties button.
- Afterward, choose the Use following DNS server addresses. Then, enter 22.214.171.124 in the Preferred DNS server section and 126.96.36.199 in the Alternate DNS server. Hit on the OK tab.
- Now, check to see if your problem has been resolved or not.
7. Try a Different Email Client
If none of the mentioned methods seems feasible and you are still unable to fix AT&T email not working with the Outlook issue, then you can try using the webmail version as a temporary solution. Now, you do not have to configure the account and can log into the ATT mail using your username & Password to check your emails. Before logging in, ensure the att.net email is not down and the servers are working fine.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix ATT email not working with Outlook.
That is the wrap for this blog. We have covered all the possible solutions to fix AT&T email not working with Outlook. If you cannot fix this issue, contact ATT customer service, which is available 24*7. The customer team will make sure to provide you with a reliable method to put an end to this issue entirely.