In this modern world, everyone tries to work with the latest technology. So Windows 10 offers you all new and updated features, but sometimes when we update it, many devices like HP printers and others start making it difficult for us to print a single sheet, so in this blog, we help you to fix the bugs of your hp printer with some simple steps.
HP Printer Error State
Before we start, it is necessary to have an insight into problems or bugs that can be solved at home and technical difficulties that you can’t resolve without any interference from technical experts. So if your printer is not printing the images or documents correctly, you must visit the service center because it is a technical issue or contact HP printer. The professional mechanic resolves some problems, but if your printer is not accepting your commands. A window pops up when you start your printer and shows that “the printer is not connected/the printer is jammed”.
Then this kind of problem occurs due to USB cable, network errors, printer errors or wired connections, and sometimes due to the driver problem. You can quickly fix them at home. For effective results, follow the instruction given below.
The primary root which leads to the error state is:
- BIOS issue is a common factor for harboring the error in printers
- Malware or another virus attack
- If the printer driver gets corrupted
- Lack of high-speed internet connectivity is highly responsible.
- The wires and USBs may not be placed correctly in your printer.
Steps to Fix HP Printer in Error State on Windows 10
If you have shifted the windows to the latest windows 10, then the printer may be in the error state. In this state, usually, people uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it, but this only resolves the printer error and not the windows error. Therefore to debug the problem, follow the instructions which are giving below
Step 1: Execute the troubleshoot
It is suggested to use troubleshooting when you cannot connect the printer to your device or your operating system.
- Firstly, turn on your printer and check the USB cable (for wired printer) or wireless connection (for wireless option) with the printer.
- If the problem persists and the printer does not connect, then install the troubleshoot and run it.
- If it also does not work, then your printer needs a new driver.
- Do Right-click or hold the “Start” button, and choose “Device Manager”.
- Then “Expand Printers” and find printer model in the list, right-click (or press and hold) it, then choose the “Update Driver” option.
Step 2: Examine printer
If your connection is stable, maybe the paper is jammed in the printing section, or a low ink problem is there, so make sure that these are not the problem area for the printer error state.
Step 3: Opt for “Use Printer Online” Option
If the printer is set offline, then set up it online by following the given steps
1.click the “windows+ X”, then go to the control panel and click on “Device and printers.”
2. Then select the printer option
3. Now, select the online option from the status column.
4. Your printer is ready to operate online.
Step 4: Reinstall printer driver
- Open the Control Panel and select View By Large icons
2. Click on Devices and Printers
3. Right-click on your printer, Remove the device
4. Confirm the device removal and restart your computer
5. After the PC reboots, it should automatically detect and install your printer, if not, unplug it and plug it back in again.
Step 5: Reset the printer spooler service to automatic
- Press the Windows logo key, and R. A run box will appear. Now type service.msc.
- Locate the printer spooler service in the right pane. Ensure that it is set to start.
- Click on the printer spooler a dropdown dialogue box will appear. Now select properties.
- Now go to the general tab and select the automatic option. A dropdown menu will appear, select apply, and ok.
- Close all tabs and reboot the system
Step 6: Ensure that paper loading is appropriate
Ensure that the paper is loaded appropriately in the tray and is not stuck or worn out anywhere. Please turn off the printer before loading sheets in it. Now, wait for the printer to get ready to work.
Step 7: Update Windows
The problem can occur due to an un-updated version of the windows.
- Go to settings and locate the windows tab.
- Check for available updates.
- Click update and wait for the completion of the process.
- Reboot the system.
If an error state still exists, then contact HP customer support for the exact solution. We will provide you with experts all round the clock.