Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Do you know why your HP Printer not Printing Black? Well, the most common reason for this can be any issue with the ink cartridge. In order to resolve this problem, users can ask for assistance from the official HP Printing support or troubleshoot the problem by themselves. For the latter user, we have provided all the information which, after reading user will able to fix HP printer coloring issues. Hewlett Packard is one of the top brands in the market, which provides the best quality printer at affordable rates.
How to Refill HP Printer Ink Cartridge
A printer is now the basic necessity of each individual, especially working professionals whose day-to-day chores can be interrupted by even a small issue with the printer. Read the article to learn how to Fix Black ink printing issues on HP Printers.
Common Reasons why you face Black Printing Problems on HP OfficeJet Printer
There can be plenty of reasons why HP printer does print in black colour some of which are listed below:
Your printer might be running low on ink, or there might be any of the cartridges empty in your printer.
- The printhead might be clogged, so the printer cannot print properly.
- You are not using genuine HP ink cartridges.
- Sometimes the user does not remove the tape in front of the ink cartridges.
- Any other hardware issue, particularly with the cartridges.
- Any other technical issue where users might not have updated any driver or printer’s firmware.
- The printer or printhead might need to be properly aligned or calibrated.
How to Fix Black Ink Printing Issues on HP Printer?
Based on the possible reasons why the HP printer is not working properly, we have provided the solution for each case individually. Follow the given measures to fix color or black ink printing issues:
1. User Genuine HP Cartridges
You need to use Genuine HP ink cartridges with your HP printer. Using any other brand of ink cartridges or duplicate ones will not be compatible with the HP printer. This is also a precautionary measure to avoid any further damage to your HP printer. Thus make sure to use genuine HP cartridges next time. In case you do not have any surety that the cartridges currently used by you are not genuine, you can go to the official HP anti-counterfeit website and check you genuinely of your printer’s ink.
2. Check for any empty ink cartridges or low ink cartridges
Another major cause due to which HP printer is printing black is that either the cartridges are empty or running very on ink. Probably, the printer sends a warning message in case of low ink, but if not, you can check it manually. Follow the given steps to manually check ink levels in HP printer cartridges:
How to check Ink levels in HP Printer
To check the HP printer ink levels, you need to first load a white paper and, after that, follow the given steps:
- On the printer screen, there will be a Dash (-) button near the setup icon. Touch that button.
- After that, select the right arrow button and then touch on the tools icon. After that, “OK”
- On the next screen, again, touch the right arrow button and then select Estimated ink levels. Then touch “OK”.
- After that, the Ink level will be shown on the screen. Check for any low-level ink cartridges or any empty ones.
1. Replace the empty and low ink cartridges:
Very first, you need to load a white paper in the input tray. After that, follow the given steps:
- Turn on the printer and then open the cartridge door.
- In order to release the cartridges, you need to press them down lightly and pull them out carefully to remove them from the slot. Make sure you do not touch or contact the nozzles in order to avoid any damage.
- Take the new cartridge from which you need to remove the plastic tape on it.
- Now insert the cartridge into the printer. Make sure you are holding it with the nozzle towards the printer. Then insert it carefully into the printer.
2. Align the Printer
This can be the reason due to which your HP printer is not printing black or giving blank pages. To align the printer, you need to follow the given steps:
• Turn on the printer, and on the printer’s screen, touch the dash (-) button in the lower left corner.
• Now click on the Right arrow and then select Tools. After that, touch OK.
• On the new screen, touch the Right arrow button and then select the “Align Printer” option. Now touch OK.
• After that, take a test print to check for any issues.
3. Clean the Printhead of your HP Printer
A printhead is a hardware component of the printer which holds the ink cartridges inside it. After a given period of time, the printhead needs to be cleaned, as there might be a chance that the printhead is clogged. It can be done either by giving a command from your system or manually by removing the printhead and cleaning it with your head. The process to clean the printhead both manually and by giving commands is listed below:
4. Clean the Printhead from the computer:
Type Printer and Scanners in the search menu and type enter. This will show the list of all the printers which are connected to your system.
- From the list, select the printer you wish to operate on and then select Properties. From this option, you can also check the ink level of your cartridges.
- Now choose the option “Printing Preferences”, and after that “Service” Tab
- Now choose the printer services and then “Clean Printhead”.
5. Clean the Printhead by giving a command from the Printer
You can also clean the printhead by giving a command from the printer itself step for which is listed below:
- Select the Dash (-) button, which will be present near the setup icon and from there, open the “Tools” option.
- In the “Tools” option, you can find the option marked as “Clean Printhead” and then press OK, which will start the printhead cleaning.
- Now run a test print.
6. Use the basic Printer Troubleshoot from your system
You can try to troubleshoot any printer issue by yourself in your system. For that, follow the given steps:
Type “Printer and Scanner”, and after that, press enter.
- On the new window, you can find the option “Troubleshoot your printer”. Click on it and then select “Run the troubleshooter.”
- Select the printer from the list you need to troubleshoot, and after that, click “Next”.
- Once you have completed the troubleshooting, take a test print.
7. Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” application, and after that, install the HPPS.dr.exe file.
- Click on the start button to scan for any error in your system. Click Next, and after that, “Fix Printing” option.
8. HP Printer Support
Users, in case they are unable to troubleshoot any issue they are having with their HP Printer, can connect to the official HP customer services. For that, you need to visit the official website of HP support (support.hp.com). You can connect with the HP support centre through the following means:
- Contact HP support through a call.
- Live-chat option with a virtual assistant.
- Troubleshooting blogs can be helpful in solving Black ink printing issues on HP Printers.
9. Reach out to our HP Customer services
Users, in case they want any immediate assistance to fix colour or black ink printing issues with the HP printer, can contact our HP support helpline number, where our experts are available 24/7 to assist the customer regarding any issue with the HP printer or any other device. Our services are available at affordable prices in comparison to customer support.
In the end, we hope you can now troubleshoot Black ink printing issues on HP Printers. You need to make sure that your cartridges have sufficient ink in order to avoid any errors. In case you need any further assistance or have any queries regarding our customer support, you can reach out to us from the given number and the live chat option. Just provide your details along with your issue on the live chat, and we will revert to you with the solution within no time.