A fast and smooth internet connection is a top priority for many businesses and individual users because in the digital age a lot of work is done online. When your internet is down even for a few minutes it can be quite a frustration. However, if you are a Netgear user and if you find that your router does not work, you do not need to panic because you can contact the Netgear customer service for assistance. You will be able to get detailed steps on how to fix the problem and get your internet back in no time. You can also have a look at the troubleshooting steps in this blog to get a better idea about how your router works and what you can do to fix it in case you encounter an error.
Simple Tips to Troubleshooting Netgear Router
One of the primary reasons why your Netgear router stops working or crashes is because there is a problem with the internet cables or Netgear network settings. On the other hand, another common reason why the router does not work is that the Netgear Router Driver is not updated. When you find that the router suddenly stops working you can go through the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned below to resolve the issue:
- Check all the access points and the Netgear router cables.
- Make sure you followed the correct adapter installation process.
- Access the router settings and ensure the adapter is enabled.
- Open a command prompt and review the IP address.
- Ensure you are using the correct IP address on your PC as well.
- Reboot the computer and the router and then open your browser.
- Check if you entered the proper security key when you logged in.
- Disable the security settings on the router and try connecting.
- Turn off the wireless function try connecting the router to your PC using an Ethernet cable.
In case the router still does not work, even after you whet through all the steps mentioned above, you should see if you can implement a more advanced solution. One solution is to perform a factory reset on your Netgear router so that you can start from scratch. However, the drawback of this option is that you may lose your saved settings. If you want to know how to reset the router you can call the Netgear support number and speak to a certified expert or a trained technician to get a detailed step-by-step guide. Netgear experts are available 24 hours a day to give you the best and simplest solutions for any error connected to your router.