Estimated Read Time : 5:00
To resolve Sage 50 Error 1918 you can go through the given article or contact our expert for the instant solutions. Sage 50 is a world-class, top-notch accounting software that delivers smart accounting and finance solutions to accountants all over the world. This software is much more popular in UK than in other parts of the world.
Dial toll Free Number : +1-855-362-0770
An Overview Sage 50 Software
It is packed with powerful accounting and finance features that helps it to work more efficiently. It is a number one rated choice for small as well as medium businesses. With this, you spend less time on administrative tasks and thus gain greater clarity on your business performance. Although it is a wonderful piece of software, it is also prone to multiple issues and discrepancies. In this blog, we are going to talk about one such error. Sage 50 error 1918 is an error that users encounter often times. We will talk about the various troubleshooting solutions that can help resolve Sage 50 Error 1918.
But before that, let’s talk about the various benefits that Sage 50 accounting software offers to its users.
Benefits of Sage 50 software
Sage 50 accounting software offers a host of advantages that can be beneficial for accounting purposes. Here is a list of benefits that can be utilized in order to make use of this particular software. Let us take a look at these;
Cash flow and invoicing
With this cash flow and invoicing feature, you can frequently run the what-if scenarios. This will also help you understand your business’s financial standing and help you make sense of your incoming and outgoing cash flow.
Banking and Payments
With the banking and payments option in the Sage 50 accounting software, you can easily remove the hassles of manual data entry coupled with automatic bank reconciliation. Even if you are making payments or getting paid yourself, you need to simplify your transactions at one place.
Advanced Inventory Management
With the advanced inventory management feature of Sage 50 accounting software, you can easily manage your spends and can efficiently keep a track of stock levels. You can also view quantities whenever you want while raising an invoice and can get alerts when there is very low or no stock.
Job Costing is another advanced feature in Sage 50 accounting software. Through this feature, you are able to control the costing of jobs through purchasing that is effortlessly set up by records, phases and cost codes. You can also view which of the projects are bringing in revenue and you can find ample opportunities in order to maximize your profits.
Using this particular feature, you can easily pay your team on time and remain compliant with the accurate tax calculations for the withholdings of the employee, doing efiling as well as automated W2s and tax forms.
Through this advantageous feature of reporting, you are able to deliver to customizable single-click reports so as to enable one to make informed business decisions. Through this feature, you can run unlimited reports concerning sales taxes, profits, expenses and more.
What exactly is Sage 50 Error 1918?
When you encounter the Sage 50 error 1918, you get the following error message as “Error 1918-Error installing ODBC driver MYSQL ODBC”. You face this particular error when you are unable to install the ODBC driver along with the executable file. In order to install it, you would need the proper process of doing it. In this blog, we would discuss the various reasons that cause this particular error as well as the troubleshooting solutions that can fix it. The solutions are completely updated and verified as it is provided by the team of experts who are adept at resolving such issues. But, before we talk about the various troubleshooting steps, let us discuss the various reasons that cause this problem.
Reasons that cause Sage 50 Error 1918
The Sage 50 Error 1918 can occur due to a host of reasons. Multiple issues could trigger this particular error. Let us understand these reasons that are responsible for causing the error.
- Firstly there is some fault while setting up ODBC.
- Secondly, occurrence of the issues while installation of ODBC on your system.
- Thirdly, the ODBC might not have been updated.
- Another cause for this particular error could be that the file is not found on your system.
- A lost connection could be another reason.
Troubleshooting steps that can fix Sage 50 error 1918
In order to resolve Sage 50 error 1918, you would need to follow certain basic troubleshooting steps. By reinstalling the ODBC driver, you can easily get rid of this error. You need to just follow some easy troubleshooting steps to fix Sage 50 error 1918. The troubleshooting procedure for Sage 50 v22 accounts and below versions are different from the solutions for Sage 50 v23 and above versions. We will discuss these separately. Let us first check out the troubleshooting steps for Sage 50 v22 account and below versions.
Troubleshooting steps for Sage 50 accounts v22 and below versions
Check the directory of the program
Checking the directory of the program is the first troubleshooting step. You should follow the below-given steps to perform this solution.
- Firstly, you need to access the Help menu.
- Secondly, you need to click on the About option.
- Thereafter, you need to access the Program details section and then jot down the Program Directory.
Reinstall the ODBC driver
This is an important step in the entire troubleshooting procedure as reinstalling the ODBC driver tends to fix Sage 50 error 1918. Reinstalling drivers is also generally a remedial step in almost any technical issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve Sage 50 error 1918.
- First things first, you need to shut down all the software and then restart the system.
- Secondly, you need to log yourself in as an Administrator.
- Thirdly, you need to press on the Windows and E keys together on the keyboard.
- Thereafter, you need to look for the program directory.
- Subsequently, after accessing this directory, you need to search for the ODBC 32 folder and then try opening it.
- Consequently, if you are unable to find the folder then reinstall the Sage Accounts software.
- Furthermore, open the executable file which is setup.exe file. You need to open it to initiate the installation process.
- Thereafter, choose to click on the Yes button.
- Lastly, you need to click on the Finish button and then restart your system.
Troubleshooting steps for Sage 50 accounts v23 and above versions
- Firstly, you need to shut down all the programs that are running in your system and then reboot your system.
- Secondly, you need to log in as an administrator to the system.
- Thereafter, you need to download the file in accordance with the version that you want to download and also in accordance to the operating system that you are using. The operating system could be either 32 bit or the 64 bit operating system.
- In case you do not know the type of operating system you are using, then you need to access the Control Panel and then click on the System icon.
- Furthermore, after downloading the file, you need to double-click on the file to start the installation process.
- Thereafter, you need to click on the Yes button and then on the Finish button.
- Lastly, you need to restart your system.
In this blog, we have listed down the causes, benefits as well as the various troubleshooting steps that can help resolve Sage 50 error 1918. Using these troubleshooting steps, one can easily fix Sage 50 error 1918. However, should you find yourself in a situation wherein you are not able to resolve the issue by yourself, we recommend seeking professional help. You can always contact our team for resolution of all your queries and issues. The team is available 24/7 to help you fix the problems that you are facing. We make sure that we completely resolve all your queries and do not let you go without any solution. Just get in touch with us and sort out the issues. We are available on call, chat or email. We would be glad to provide you with the best assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can fix the general errors in Sage by running an automatic repair. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to do this;
1.) In order to initiate an automatic repair of the data, you need to click on Run Repair. In case you use the remote data access in Sage 50 cloud accounts v27, you must do the repair at the main site.
2.) You need to click on OK so as to backup the data. As soon as you repair the errors, a success window appears.
To repair the Sage 50 installation, you just need to follow the below-mentioned steps;
1.) Firstly, click on the Start option and then type appwiz.cpl in the Search window and then press the Enter button.
2.) Secondly, in the Programs and Features option, you need to right-click on the Sage 50 accounting and then choose Change option.
3.) Thirdly, you need to run the repair option. In the end, click on Finish option.
4.) Lastly, if needed, install the program updates.
One should never try to open the company file directly from a flash drive or an external USB hard drive. Doing this can lead to corruption eventually.
What to do when you are checking data in Sage 50 and you find warnings, errors or comments. You are advised to use the check data option so as to check the integrity of the data. You need to click on File and then Maintenance and then click on Check Data.
To backup data, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps;
1.) Firstly, you need to open the required company.
2.) Secondly, click on File and then click on Back up.
3.) Thereafter, you should make a note of the suggested file name or edit the name as required.
4.) Furthermore, click on Browse, select the location where you want to save the file and then click on OK.
5.) Lastly, check if your Sage data has been backed up.