If the Sage software installed on your system cannot connect with the server, then you need to resolve the issue so that you can continue your work. The solution to this error requires the knowledge of networking; that is why you should connect with the Sage customer support number to speak with the experts. These professionals have all the required knowledge that is needed for fixing the error where Sage cannot connect with the server.
Why Can Sage not Connect with the Server?
If you are thinking about the reasons that are responsible for the error where Sage software cannot connect with the server, then those are listed below:
- Issues in the DNS of the network.
- Firewall Security can be responsible for the occurrence of the error.
- If the port, IP address, and server name are incorrect, then the error can arise.
- Due to the corruption of the session.pvk.
Steps to Solve Unable to Connect to Server Error
Before you begin solving this issue, you need to make sure you have created the backup as then your data will be safe. The steps that you have to follow for fixing the issue are given below:
Check that you entered the correct IP address and the server name during the setup of the workstation.
- Go to the “..\MAS90\Launcher” folder present on the workstation.
- Now open the file Sota.ini.
- Then you have to locate the section of [Servers]. You can see the IP address or server name that is listed after the following text: “1=.”
Example: 1=ServerName;10000;APS=SAGE;APPLICATION=Sage100 ERP;Path=\\ServerName\ShareName\MAS90
- If the IP address or server name is wrong, then you can enter the correct Server Name or IP address. You can even uninstall and then reinstall Workstation.
- You have to check to see whether the port is open and is not blocked by a firewall.
- You have even had to check that the IP address or server name and port are entered correctly in the icon properties or not.
- Right Click on the Sage 100 ERP workstation client icon and select the option of properties.
- Now you have to confirm the server name or IP address and port are correct in the Target or not.
- Once the IP address, server name, and port are verified correctly, then you can see the message that says Outbound and Inbound Rule has not been created for the Sage 100 that too under the Windows Firewalls Advanced Security.
- It would be best if you opened the Administrative Tools and then Windows Firewall with Advanced Security console.
- Select the option of Inbound Rules> New Rule > Port > Next.
- You have to select Specific Local ports and enter the port number for your Sage 100 software and then click Next.
- Now choose to Allow Connection and press Next
- Then choose the option of Domain, Private, Public, and click Next,
- You can give a new name to the new rule selected by you, and don’t forget to add a description which can help you to identify the rule.
- Click on the Finish action.
- Now create the new Outbound Rule by following the steps given above.
You can even reach out to Sage helpline number to speak with the experts if the problem still persists. The certified technicians will make sure to resolve the issue faced by your easily, and this number stays accessible round the clock to help Sage users.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: