Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Sage is a prominent accounting software that has revolutionized the financial industry. The one-stop software offers a single platform for various accounting and finance tools such as inventory management, payroll processing, managing cash flow, invoicing, and more. However, in spite of being the advanced accounting software, it is prone to various errors and technical glitches. One such issue that the users face is the Sage Not Connecting to a Server error. If you, too, are facing this error, then do not worry. You are not alone in looking for reliable methods to resolve Sage Server Errors. In this blog, we will delve into the error, its causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting methods. So ensure that read the entire blog.
Are you Struggling to Fix the Sage Unable to Connect to Server error?
Talk to Our Experts at +1-855-362-0770 and Get it Resolved Immediately.
What is Sage Server Connection Error?
As stated earlier, Sage is a powerful accounting application that comes with the most amazing accounting features. One such amazing feature of Sage is to connect to the server for real-time data access. However, there are certain instances when the user fails to connect to the Sage server, and an error message is displayed on the user’s screen, stating “Error: Unable to Connect to the Server.” Some users might receive the error message “Error: Server can not be found.”
The error halts the working, as the application is unable to establish contact with the server. Henceforth, it must be resolved immediately. However, before exploring the practical solutions to the error, let us understand the causes of the error.
Prominent Causes of Sage Server Connection Error?
There are multiple factors that are responsible for Sage Not Connecting to the Server the error. Below, we have mentioned some of the prominent reasons. The error can be triggered due to any of the reasons.
- There is a conflict between the firewall and the application.
- The incorrect IP address, port, or server name might trigger the error.
- The DNS on the network has a problem.
- The sessions.pvk got damaged or corrupted.
- The faulty internet connection will result in an error.
- The TLS 1.0 is Disabled.
Early Signs to Identify Sage Server Connection Error
The application will start showing some signs and symptoms to identify the error. With the help of these early signs, you can easily identify the issue. However, if you are not sure about the identification signs, you can take the help of the below-mentioned points to identify the error.
- Suddenly, the application crashes.
- The active window crashes.
- An error window with the error code pops up on the user’s screen.
Easy Steps to Fix Sage Not Connecting to Server Error
There are several things that you can perform to troubleshoot Sage Server Error. As it is a technical error, its solutions require high knowledge. Any wrong modification or incorrect change will enhance the severity of the issue.
Below, we have mentioned some of the solutions that can help you in fixing the issue permanently at its root.
Solution 1: Create Exceptions in Windows Firewalls
Sometimes, the Windows firewall treats Sage as a threat and prevents it from accessing it. In such a scenario, you can fix the issue by creating the exceptions or by disabling the Windows firewalls.
To Disable the Windows Firewalls
If it is the firewall that is creating the problem, then you can resolve the issue by disabling the Windows firewalls. With the aid of the steps listed below, you can accomplish this.
- Open the settings of your system by clicking on the start/windows option and choosing the settings from the list of all programs.
- Now, click on the update and security options.
- Further, click on the Windows security option.
- After that, choose the firewall and network protection.
- Here, three options, namely private, domain, and public network, are available. You can pick anyone.
- Now, go to the Windows Defender firewall and then tap on the off option.
- Open the Sage company file that is throwing the error and follow the steps to turn on the Windows firewalls.
For Creating the Exceptional Rules
Create exceptional rules for Windows to overcome the issue. By adding Sage as the trusted website, you can simply fix the problem. To create the exceptional firewall rules, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Type Windows Defender Firewall in the search tab and press the enter key.
- Select the advanced settings option and then tap on the inbound rules.
- After that, select the new option and then tap on the port options.
- Here, enter the specific port numbers that are assigned to Sage and press the enter key.
- Moving ahead, put a tick mark on the check box stating “allow this connection” and click on the enter key.
- Now, choose the private domain option and tap on the next button.
- Provide a relevant name to the firewall settings and press the Apply button.
- Lastly, to save the changes, press the Apply button.
Note: After creating the inbound rules, create the outbound rules in the same manner. Just select the outbound in place of the inbound. The remaining steps will remain the same.
Solution 2: Verify the Server Name and IP Address
To fix the issue, adhere to the methods listed below.
- Go to the “..\MAS90\Launcher” folder available on the workstation.
- Now, open the file named sota.ini.
- Here, find the server section. Usually, the server name or the IP address is listed after the “1=” text.
- Verify that the server name is accurate. If not, enter the correct server name
- Also, make sure that the ports are correctly entered and are not blocked by the firewalls.
Solution 3: Fix the WMI File
The WMI files are essential files that store the crucial information that is necessary to run the sage application. The damaged or corrupted WMI file does not allow you to connect to the server. You can easily resolve the error by fixing the WMI file. Use the advice of the below mentioned points.
- Press the window + R keys together to open the run command of the system.
- Type eventvwr and press the enter key.
- Now, go to the Windows log and select the application.
- Check the references for the WMI files.
- In case it is damaged, immediately contact the IT support team.
Solution 4: Change the Network Protocol
The sage application might create a problem due to the IPV6 network protocol. You can fix Sage Not Connecting to Server Error by changing the network protocol from IPV6 to IPv4. The below-mentioned points will help you in the following:
- Log into your Windows by using your admin credentials.
- To open the rum command, press the Windows + R keys together.
- Type Regedit and press the enter key.
- Now, navigate to the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameter.
- Further, click on the new keys option to create the new registry key.
- Provide the necessary information that is necessary to create a new key option, such as value 0x20, type: REG_DWORD, and key: disable components.
Solution 5: Close All the Current Background Processes
Sometimes, the processes running in the background create hindrances in connecting the application to the server. You can easily resolve the error by closing all the current running processes. The below-mentioned steps will guide you:
- Press the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys together to open the task manager.
- Here, choose the processes tab and look for the programs creating problems.
- Right-click on the programs and choose end task now.
- Hopefully, the error is resolved.
Solution 6: Update the Sage Application
Often, an outdated Sage application will result in a connectivity issue. So, make sure that you are using the latest version of the application. The below-mentioned steps will help you in updating the application.
- Open the application and then tap on the services option.
- Choose “check for updates” and then click “update now.”
- Further, tap on the download button to download the update.
- Once the updates are downloaded and installed on your system, reboot the system.
Solution 7: Clear the Cache and the Temporary Files
The cache and the temporary files accumulated will create a hindrance in connecting the application with the server. To fix the issue, you need to clear these unnecessary files.
- You need to clear the cache and cookies of the browser that Sage uses.
- Clear the cache and temporary files in the Sage application.
Wrapping it Up
Sage is a powerful accounting application used by large-scale businesses to manage their accounting work. However, encountering Sage Not Connecting to Server error frustrates the users. Though, with the right approach and patience, you can fix this issue easily. Hopefully, this blog answers your question about the matter. However, if the problem still persists, you can contact our professional experts. They will surely help you in resolving your Sage doubt.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this error might get triggered by bad internet connectivity. Make sure your internet is stable and secure while using the application.
There are plenty of Sage errors. Each error has a unique error code and a troubleshooting method. Note down the error code correctly and try to resolve the issue with the help of troubleshooting methods.
Yes, our experts will be more than happy to help you. All you need is to get in touch with them via email or phone number.
No, unfortunately, there is no tool that can help you configure Windows Firewall to unblock Sage 50. You have to manually configure the firewall settings. The steps are described in the blog. So, read the blog carefully.
Yes, if none of the above-mentioned procedures work for you, you can uninstall and reinstall the application. To uninstall the application, you must visit the control panel of the system. Once the program gets uninstalled completely, you can reinstall it on your system.