Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Restoring Sage 50 company data file is easy; the only thing you must keep in mind before restoring the company data is that only the business owner is allowed to reset or restore the Sage 50 company data file. Although, it is strongly recommended to take a regular backup of your company data so that you can easily recover the lost data in case of data loss.
An Overview of Sage 50 Company Data Backup
Although, if you also want to reset or restore Sage 50 company data and don’t know how to do it, then you are at the right place. This post will cover the complete procedure you can follow for restoring Sage 50 company data files. So, stay tuned and read this blog post till the last word.
Dial toll free Number – +1-855-362-0770
How to Take a Backup of Sage 50 Company Data?
Here is the list of steps that you can execute one by one to take a successfully backup of a Sage 50 company data file.
- First, open the company of which you are trying to take a backup file.
- After opening the company, then click on the “File” menu option.
- Under the File menu drop-down list, select the “Backup” option.
- Now, the backup window will be open on the screen, where you can see a list of options to set the reminder backup.
- If there is not enough free space available in the workstation, the updating process will automatically fail. Here, a new window on the screen will tell you how much free space your backup file needs.
- Select where you want to save the backup file and click on the “Save” option.
- After that, the backup process will commence on the user’s workstation.
- As the backup process ends, click on the “OK” option.
Once you have successfully created the Sage 50 company file’s backup file, let’s move ahead and discuss how to restore sage 50 company data.
How to Restoring Sage 50 Company Data?
Let’s take a look at the steps you can follow to restore Sage 50 data file.
- First of all, launch the Sage 50 application on your device.
- Thereon, you have to click on the “File” option and select the “Restore” option.
- After that, click on the “Browse” option, and navigate to the location where the Sage 50 backup file (.PTB file) is stored on your PC.
- Click on the “Open” and “Next” options.
- Now, select one of the methods among desired restore methods, i.e., a). overwriting existing company data or an existing company, and b). creating a new company using the restored data or new company. (If you select this method, you must restore a new folder’s backup. Doing that will not overwrite your company’s existing data).
- Thereon, click on the “Next” option.
- Moving ahead, select one of the options to restore files, i.e., company data, customized forms, web transactions, and intelligence reporting reports.
- Now, make sure to click on the “Next” option.
- Verify the restore options and click on the “Finish” option.
- As the restoring process ends, the company file will be open on your device. Now, if you want to change the company name, click on the “Maintain” option and click on the “Company Information” option.
After carrying out the steps mentioned above, you have now successfully restored Sage 50 data company file.
How to Reset Sage 50 Company Data File?
Given below are the steps that you can execute one by one for resetting the Sage 50 data file.
- Firstly, launch the Sage 50 application on your device.
- Thereon, click on the “More” option.
- After that, under the “More” option drop-down list, click on the “Business Settings” option.
- To reset the Sage data file, navigate to the “Data Management” section, which is available under the settings section.
- Followed by the above steps, click on the “Select Reset My Data” option.
- Thereon, provide the email address you use to sign in to your Sage service account, then delete all the user’s data.
Congrats! By executing the steps mentioned above, you have now completed the process of resetting Sage 50 data file.
Note: If you have issued any new invoice with the pay later option before resetting Sage 50 company data file, then the users can still pay the invoice. Although the payment for these invoices will not be processed automatically, they must manually record after they appear on your screen.
How to Restore a Company File For Single Payroll in Sage 50?
Here are the steps you can follow to restore a company file for a single payroll in Sage 50.
- First, navigate to the Sage payroll, and then sign in to your preferred payroll, which you want to restore the company’s file.
- After that, locate the menu bar, click on the “Miscellaneous” option, and select the “Restore” option.
- Now, click the “Browse” option and select the folder where you have saved the company file.
- Click on the “OK” option and select the “Show Details” option.
- Moving ahead, check the details of the restorable file and then make sure it is correct.
- If you find any discrepancy in the information, then browse again.
- After that, choose the required return scheme, check the box next to the “Restore Direct Reporting Data” option, and check whether it has overwritten the previously retrieved EPN and ROS log documents.
- Create another company with pre-established data or a new company and click on the “Next” option.
- Thereon, select the required alternatives, i.e., modified forms, Organizational forms, and reports with business and intelligence.
- After that, you must click on the “Next” and “Finish” options.
- Now, the re-establish process will start on your screen.
- As that process ends, then click on the “Restore” option.
We hope you find this blog well. In this blog post, we have covered a complete guide of information about how to resetting Sage 50 company data. You can easily carry out the steps mentioned above to reset the company data in Sage 50. If you have any query related to the topic, you can connect with our team via the chat box or write us your query via mail . Our experienced and professional Sage experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to provide the best assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
The default location where the backup files of my Sage 50 account are saved is C:\ Accounting data\ C:\ Sage\ Data. Users can easily navigate this location to access any Sage 50 backup files.
Restoring a backup file of Sage company file will help you in the following circumstances:
- Damaged company’s file
- Migrating data to a new workstation
- Wrong data entry
- PC’s driver is malfunctioning
No, restoring a backup file will never restore the settings. The Sage 50 backup file only includes the accounting data that will not be too heavy for a file.
Sage 50 connection manager controls all the requests from Sage 50 accounting and third-party software applications to connect with your company’s data. You must install the connection manager application on your computer or server where the company’s data is saved.
The Sage 50 accounting software is also available in the desktop version. You can easily track revenue and expenses through the desktop version and manage inventory and invoicing customers. Sage 50 desktop is the one-stop solution for all your business needs.