If the TurboTax updates are not working in the Windows and Mac system, then there can be many reasons for it. One can be due to poor and inactive internet connectivity or malicious malware and viruses. Even when the system is not up-to-date, then also, this error can arise. One can resolve the issue efficiently by following the steps mentioned in this blog, or you can even take the assistance of the TurboTax customer support number, where experts are available at all 24 hours.
Steps to fix TurboTax Updates Not Working on Windows
For fixing the issue where the TurboTax updates are not working on Windows, you need to perform the following steps:
- Turn on your system and check whether it is connected with an active internet connection or not.
- Now you need to open the TurboTax software.
- Click on the Online Menu > Check for updates.
- If the updates are available, then they will be downloaded.
- You need to wait for a few seconds so that the latest software updates can get installed.
- Check to see if you are witnessing any pop-up regarding the error or not.
- Now again click on the Online Menu> Update Preference.
- After choosing the preference of automatic update, click on the Save button.
- This will eventually configure your TurboTax, and then the software will be updated automatically.
Steps to fix TurboTax Updates Not Working on Mac
One has to follow the instruction given below to resolve the update not working issue on the TurboTax installed on Mac.
- You need first to open your Mac system and then connect it with active internet.
- Now go to the TurboTax icon and click to open it.
- Then click on the option of TurboTax Menu > Check for updates.
- You have to wait for some time to get the updates downloaded on your Mac.
- Now you have to install these updates on your Mac.
- Once the updates are installed, you need to set the preference to automatic update.
You can refer this blog for solving the update error on your system, be it Windows or Mac. If at any point you find it challenging to execute the steps as mentioned above, then you can reach out to experts via the TurboTax support number. The customer care team is available at all hours to fix the issue face by the users while updating the TurboTax software.
Also Read: TurboTax error 190