Estimated Read Time : 5:00
With its introduction in 1984, TurboTax is software that is used to prepare American income tax returns. It was developed by Michael A. Chipman but then sold to Intuit in 1993. The software is well-recognized for its user-friendly interface. At the end of every financial year, the software is used to prepare taxes and returns. The software has become more popular among people because of its guaranteed maximum return promise. It has different versions like TurboTax Basics and TurboTax Delus; you can use any of them according to your need and budget. To take advantage of this amazing software, you need to download and install it. So, in this guide, we will give you a complete guide on How to install TurboTax on Mac.
Top 4 Solutions to Fix TurboTax Error 190
But before knowing the installation process, let’s understand the advantages of TurboTax.
What are the Advantages of TurboTax?
The benefits of Using TurboTax Software are mentioned below:
- TurboTax is cheaper when compared to the Tax Accountant, CPA, EA, Or any other Accounting Professional.
- It is User- Friendly.
- Less time taking if you know how to use the app and what you are doing, then the process will be quicker; now you don’t have to wait for someone for weeks to finish your tax return.
- You don’t have to be dependent on someone else for your tax results.
Now that you understand the advantages of TurboTax software. Let’s learn about the requirements you need to fulfill for the installation of TurboTax on your Mac device.
Dial our Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
Pre-condition before installing the TurboTax Software on Mac
Before going further with the installation of TurboTax on your Mac device, you need to take care of a few things:
- Keep in mind that you can run the TurboTax Software on a 10.15 Catalina Mac, 11.1 Big Sur, and Mac OS 10.14 Mojave.
- To use TurboTax, you must provide a proper Network Connection with a higher speed, and the minimum speed should be 1 Mbps modem.
- TurboTax requires more than 2GB of RAM.
- It will work better if you have a monitor with a higher resolution, i.e., at least 1024×768.
- Apart from these, for a Trouble-Free experience with TurboTax software, you need a 1 GB hard drive.
Now learn the steps to Download TurboTax Software on a Mac device.
Procedure to Download TurboTax on Mac
Once you fulfill the requirements of TurboTax software, Now you can go with the Download process.
To download TurboTax on your Mac device, you can use Safari (as it is the default Web Browser of Mac). Or you can also download and install a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox, if you want, and then use them to visit the official website of TurboTax to download it. You can choose your TurboTax edition and version according to your needs. Just keep in mind about the good Internet Speed.
The Steps to download the TurboTax on Mac Devices are as follows:
- Initially, open the Safari Web Browser on your Mac device. (In case you are operating on the default Browser)
- Or you can even go to Chrome or some other downloaded Web Browsers if you want.
- Now search for the official website of TurboTax Software.
- Enter your login details, i.e., User ID and Password, to login into the TurboTax Account.
- Find the link to download it and hit on it. (The link to download will be Blue in color)
- By this, TurboTax software will be downloaded on your Mac.
- Now Save that Downloaded File in your System.
- In the end, you have to launch the file and install it; the procedure for Installation is Provided below.
Steps to Download TurboTax Software on your MacBook Air
To download TurboTax on MacBook Air
- Check the optical drive of your MacBook Air; there, you have to hit the button attached to it.
- Now you have to put the TurboTax installation CD into the optical drive of your Laptop.
- Then, give your device some time to read the files that are on the CD.
- After that, search for the .dmg file and hit it to install TurboTax on your MacBook Air.
Apart from that, you can even inspect the CD properly, check the TurboTax setup file and then go with the given instructions process to install it and start using it.
Now let’s go with the TurboTax Installation process.
How to Install TurboTax on Mac without CD Drive?
At times, you may have to install your TurboTax software on Mac in the absence of a CD/DVD drive; in those situations, you have to start the download process by visiting the official website and after that, follow these steps to install TurboTax on Mac without CD drive.
Note: Close all the other running programs or applications on your Mac at first.
- To install the TurboTax software without any issues, start the process by turning off the security software present on your Mac.
- Then, open Safari or any other downloaded web browser on your device and reach the official website of TurboTax Software.
- Now select the TurboTax version you want to download from the list.
- After the selection, hit the Download Button.
- After downloading the file, Open it and then open the TurboTax setup file to install TurboTax on Mac without a CD drive.
- Follow the instructions popping on your screen for further steps.
Steps to Install TurboTax on Mac using CD drive
Follow these steps to Install the TurboTax software on a Mac device with a CD drive:
- Initially, you have to put a TurboTax CD or DVD into the Optical drive of your Mac device.
- Now, you have to give time to your device to read the content available on the CD.
- Then, from the list of all the files, look for the .dmg file. The .dmg file is important for the installation of the TurboTax file on your Mac.
- After that, check the red box of TurboTax and drag it to the
- Application Folder present in the pop-up window.
- Then go to the Application Folder, and there you have to open the TurboTax file to make it work on your Mac device.
Once the installation of TurboTax completes, start the program and fill in the details of your taxes.
Procedure to Install TurboTax on MacBook Pro
Important: MacBook Pro has in-built optical drives, so it can be used while installing TurboTax.
To install the TurboTax on your MacBook Pro, you have to put the TurboTax installation CD into the system’s optical drive. The installer will then run by itself.
On the other hand, Go to the TurboTax program files and open it, then Choose the setup files to start the installation of The TurboTax Software.
Now, to install TurboTax on a MacBook Pro, you can follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- To operate the TurboTax installation CD, put it into the optical drive of the MacBook Pro.
- Then you need to wait for some time so that the program installation CD gets ready completely.
- Now to run the whole setup, you can simply open the program files of the TurboTax CD.
- After that, follow the instructions appearing on your screen to initiate the installation process of TurboTax on your MacBook Pro.
- Then to finish the installation process, Hit on the Finish option available on your screen.
- After that, you have to reboot your MacBook Pro.
- The process of installation is completes here.
Now you can start using the TurboTax Software for filing taxes in your own comfort.
Note: TurboTax software can be used to file both federal and state taxes, and if you don’t want to install the app, you can even access the TurboTax Software Online to file your taxes using the TurboTax official website.
You can use any of the ways to install TurboTax on your Mac, but make sure that the pre-conditions to install the TurboTax. Also, if you get stuck in the mid-process of installation and you need technical help, then you can contact us via email or phone call. To get in touch with our experts via phone call,
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, of course, you can install all the TurboTax Personal products on your Mac device.
However, When we talk about TurboTax Business, then it can only be installed on Windows.
So for Mac devices, you can use TurboTax online instead of TurboTax Business.
To install TurboTax software on your Mac, you just need to fulfill the minimum conditions of the system. Check everything throughout, including the Network Connection.
Note: If you have provided all the requirements for the setup and the trouble is still persistent,
To start using TurboTax on Mac:
- Go to the Application Folder.
- Double-click on the TurboTax File.
Note: Make sure that you are using TurboTax from the Application Folder only. (Ignore virtual driver or CD)
The best tax software for Mac devices in 2022 are the following:
- TurboTax Online (Free)
- H&R Block (20% Off)
- Credit Karma Tax.
There are various others as well, but these were the top 5 Tax Software for your Mac device.