Estimated Read Time : 5:00
TurboTax is the top-notch tax-filing software that allows businesses to file their tax returns easily. Undoubtedly, it is excellent software, but it is not free from technical glitches and errors. The TurboTax Error 190 is one such error that might evoke while trying to open their file in TurboTax software.
On the occurrence of the error message, the users might receive the following error message stating:
“The Tax return you are attempting to load contains one or more tax forms which are not installed on this machine. Please install state(s): to continue.”
However, it is essential to resolve TurboTax Error 190 so that you can easily file your taxes using TurboTax. Therefore, keeping this in mind, we have created this blog covering all the root causes that may trigger the error. Moreover, we have also listed the simple solutions to deal with the issue.
Dial Our Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
Wondering how to deal with TurboTax Error 190? connect with our experts to acquire the best possible assistance.
What are the reasons that evoke TurboTax Error 190?
Recognizing the root causes that might arise TurboTax Error 190 is important to fix the issue instantly. We have discussed all the probable causes that might trigger the error below, and check them out.
- You might experience the error while running the TurboTax software.
- Incorrect Graphic driver is one of the reasons that might lead to TurboTax Error 190.
- Sometimes, it may occur when TurboTax is incompatible with running on your system smoothly.
- The interference of the antivirus software might obstruct the users from operating TurboTax. Thus, it might lead to the occurrence of TurboTax Error 190.
- Accessing the unsupported version of TurboTax may also be responsible.
Read Also – How to Change TurboTax Password And User ID
Things You Must Remember before Fixing TurboTax Error 190
There are certain things that you must remember before fixing TurboTax Error 190. Therefore, to inform you of them, we have listed some key points below.
- A slow or poor internet connection might also evoke TurboTax Error 190. Therefore, your system must be linked with a stable and good internet connection to avoid such an issue. If you find any issues with your internet connection, try restarting your router. Otherwise, you can connect with our IT experts to fix the internet issues asap.
- Don’t forget to use the upgraded version of the TurboTax software on your device. If you notice that you are using outdated TurboTax software, then visit the official website of TurboTax to upgrade it to the newly launched version.
- Ensure that you are using the newly launched version of the Windows operating system. The newer version of the TurboTax will not operate properly on the older version of Windows.
- You must check the system requirements before running the TurboTax software. This will help you run the software smoothly on your device without errors. The users might require Windows 7 or the Mac operating system.
- Make sure that your system must have 2 GB RAM or 4 GB RAM. To run the software smoothly ensure that your system must have the free hard disk space of 20 GB for (64-bit) and 40 GB for (64-bit).
Best Possible Ways to Tackle TurboTax Error Code 190
Are you unable to fix the TurboTax Error 190 and searching for the correct troubleshooting ways to fix it? Below we have listed all such resolution methods using which you can easily fix the issue.
Solution 1: Restart your TurboTax software
Sometimes, the error may occur due to an issue with the TurboTax software. You can restart the software and let the settings into default. Before relaunching the TurboTax software, it is mandatory to prepare a backup of all the files from the software. This is so that you can safeguard your data, as the data might get affected after the application relaunch.
- To begin the process, tap on the highlighted “Start a New Return” button.
- Now, choose the Taxes tab of the report and then save the reports by downloading them.
- After this, you have to turn off your TurboTax software and then restart your software again.
- Ultimately, open the original file creating the error and verify if the error persists.
Solution 2: Make Use of Disk Cleanup
If your system occupies more disk space then it might create issues while running the TurboTax software. Thus, it might give rise to the error. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all the unnecessary files and the accumulated cache, cookies from your device. As a result, it will allow the software to take enough space to run the application seamlessly.
- In the initial stage, you have to generate a backup of the files. Then, make space on your hard drive to run the TurboTax software smoothly on your device.
- Afterwards, clean the cache files and then relaunch your PC.
- Once you restart your system, you need to run the disk cleanup to clear the space. For that, you have to go through the below-listed points.
- Firstly, you have to right-click on your local disk.
- After this, scroll down your cursor and tap on the Properties option. As a result, it will open a separate window in front of your screen.
- Ultimately, you have to click on the highlighted Clean Up System Files option and then Ok. Wait for sometime, until the process is over.
Solution 3: Ensure that your drivers are updated
Sometimes, the users might get TurboTax Error 190 when using an unsupported version of the drivers. Therefore, to avoid such issues it is essential to get the latest version of the drivers. To do so, go through the stepwise instructions listed below.
- In the first step, visit the official website of the driver and get the latest version of the drivers.
- Afterwards, right-click on the highlighted “My Computer” symbol.
- Now, click on Manage, followed by the Device Manager option.
- After that, you are supposed to pick the driver that requires an update.
- Once you get it, right-click on the driver you want to update. Then, you have to click on the “Update Driver” option.
- After updating the driver, relaunch your PC and verify whether the issue is resolved.
Solution 4: Shut Down the background processes in the background
The users may confront TurboTax Error 190 due to interruptions with the background processes. Therefore, close all those processes by implementing the steps listed below to fix the issue.
- In the beginning, press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together to bring up the Task Manager on your screen.
- After this, move to the Processes tab, then stop running all the projects individually by selecting them. Further, you must click on the End Task option.
- Ensure that the error doesn’t occur again when you end up all the background processes in the background.
- At last, restart your PC and try to run the TurboTax software once again.
Let’s Wrap It Up!!
We hope that the resolution methods listed in this post will assist you in fixing TurboTax Error 190. However, if the error still persists you must verify the system requirements required to run the TurboTax software. If you are looking for further help, then reach out to our experts without wasting time. You can talk to our experts via email or live chat facility. Our experts will suggest you with the best possible solutions so that you can recover your error hassle-free without any further delays.