Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Is your AOL Desktop Gold icon also missing on your PC? Well, you are not the only one who is facing this issue. We have received many queries on this issue, and that’s why we are here with a proper and informative blog. This blog post will provide you with all the relevant an necessary information about the reasons behind the problem and how to restore the missing AOL Desktop Gold icon.
So, stay tuned and read this blog post carefully to get the problem fix.
How to troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Open issue
Possible Reasons Behind Missing AOL Desktop Gold Icon
Some possible reasons why the AOL desktop gold icon may be missing on your PC are as follows.
- When the AOL desktop software has not been installed properly on your PC.
- The PC’s hard disk is damaged or corrupted.
- When your PC is affected by an antivirus or malware software.
- When you forget to add the shortcut icon to the desktop screen during the installation process.
How to Solve AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing Problem?
Listing a single solution that will work for you on the first trial is impossible as there can be many reasons for the problem. Although below, we have listed some of the tried and tested solutions you can follow to solve the AOL Desktop gold icon missing problem.
Dial Toll Free Number : +1-855-362-0770
Solution 1. Deep Restart your PC
Sometimes, the old method of restarting a device can be a solution to solve the error. A deep restart of the PC closes all the pending processes and background running applications, further improving operation and performance. So, for performing a deep restart of the PC, here are the steps.
- First, close all the running applications.
- Thereon, press the “Alt +F4” keys together to open the power window,
- Now, select the “Shut Down” option under the drop-down list and click on the “OK” option.
- Once your PC has been switched off, wait for a few minutes, and then turn on your PC.
After you have performed the deep restart process of your PC, then check if the AOL Desktop Gold icon has been restored or not.
Solution 2: Implement Necessary Changes in Windows Settings
If you have made some unnecessary changes in the windows settings by mistake, then there can be chances that those settings may delete or remove the AOL desktop gold icon on your PC. In that case, below are the steps you can follow to troubleshoot the problem.
- First, right-click on the free space available on the desktop screen of your PC.
- Thereon, under the list, click on the “View” option.
- Moving ahead, search for the “Showing Desktop Icon” option and click on that.
- After that, if you find any application unchecked, immediately move the slider to the enable the display desktop icon option.
- Now, save the updated changes and close the window.
- At last, on your desktop screen, right-click on the screen and click on the refresh button.
After performing this, again restart your PC and check if the AOL Desktop gold icon has been recovered or is still missing.
Solution 3: Scan your PC through the Antivirus Software
If your PC has been attacked by antivirus software, it can lead to many problems in your system, and the missing AOL desktop gold icon can be one of the problems. In that case, scanning your PC through the antivirus software and repairing it immediately can be a solution to fix the problem. So, below listed are the steps that you can follow to scan your PC through an antivirus software.
- First, download and install an antivirus application on your device.
- Thereon, double-click on the application icon to run the software.
- Now, perform deep scanning of your PC and select the entire system before starting the scanning process.
- Once the scanning process ends, you will get the list of all the items affected by the virus.
- After that, delete the potential malware application from your PC and repair all the applications affected by the virus.
At last, after completely removing the malicious software and application from your PC, then go to the desktop screen and check the recovery of AOL Desktop Gold icon.
Solution 4: Manual Add the AOL Desktop Gold Icon
For manually adding the AOL desktop gold icon to the desktop screen, here are the steps you can follow:
- First, on your PC, go to the “My Computer” and click on the local disk C option.
- Now, go to the Programs and files and search for the AOL desktop folder.
- Under the folder, click on the AOL Desktop icon option and right-click on the icon.
- After this, to add the AOL desktop gold icon, click on the “Create
- AOL Desktop Gold” icon option, or you can also manually drag the icon to the desktop screen.
- At last, refresh your PC’s screen, and the missing AOL Desktop gold icon will probably appear on the screen.
Solution 5: Disable the System Maintenance Option
Now, for disabling the system maintenance option in your PC’s settings, here are the steps you can follow:
- First, hit the windows button on your keyboard to go to the start menu.
- Now, type “Control Panel” in the insert box and enter.
- After that, click on the “System and Security” option, and thereon, click on the “Fix and Find Problems” option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Computer Maintenance” option.
At last, slide the radio button to disable the system maintenance.
Then, restart your PC and check to restore the AOL Desktop Gold icon on your desktop screen or is it still missing.
Solution 6: Reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold
By reinstalling the AOL Desktop gold desktop application, you can resolve many errors related to the software. So, here are the steps that you can follow to reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold on your PC.
Uninstall the AOL Desktop Gold
First, let’s look at the steps you can follow to uninstall the AOL Desktop gold application on your PC.
- For uninstalling the desktop gold application, first close all the background running applications and pending commands on your PC.
- Thereon go to the control panel settings.
- Now, under the control panel, click on the “Programs” > “Programs and Features” > “Uninstall a Program.”
- You will now see the list of all the applications installed on your PC.
- Please search for the AOL Desktop gold and right-click on its name.
- Then, select the “Uninstall” option.
- Now, a pop-up message will appear on your screen displaying, “Do you want to keep the data related to the application”?
- Moving ahead, select the “Yes” option for the pop-up window, and then the uninstall procedure of the AOL Desktop Gold will start.
- Once the process ends, then restart your PC.
Install the AOL Desktop Gold
- First, go to the official website of AOL desktop gold.
- Now, search there for the AOL Desktop gold software.
- In the next step, click on the downloaded link to download the software to your PC.
- Once the downloading ends, then save the downloaded file in a secured location.
- Thereon, right-click on the saved setup file to run the file in administrator mode.
- Now, accept all the terms and conditions, and after that, start the installation process of software on the PC.
Once you have installed the software on your PC, re-login to your AOL Desktop Gold account and check if this method has helped restore the AOL desktop gold icon or if it is still missing.
So, that’s all with the blog on how to restore the missing AOL icon. Above, we have listed six solutions you can follow to restore the missing AOL Desktop gold icon on your desktop screen. In case you face any challenge while performing any of the steps mentioned above or if you have any query related to the error, then you can reach out to us through the chat box, or you can mail us your query . Our experienced and professional experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to answer your query.
Frequently Asked Questions
An icon is the simplest way to launch any application on your device. But, sometimes users might encounter issues when the AOL Desktop Gold icon is missing. In that case, you have to restore missing AOL Desktop Gold icon. Below, we have listed some reasons why this issue arises; check them out.
- Damage or corruption in the PC’s hard drive may be responsible.
- It may occur due to the improper installation of the AOL Desktop.
- Sometimes, it may appear when you don’t remember to add the shortcut icon to the Desktop.
Here, we have listed some simple instructions to restore missing AOL Desktop Gold icon. Read the pointers given below thoroughly.
- Initially, go to the taskbar and tap the Expand icon next to the date and time.
- From there, navigate and right-click on the AOL Desktop Gold icon.
- After this, pick the Create Desktop Shortcut option.
- Eventually, it will create the shortcut icon of the AOL Desktop Gold.
Sometimes, the users might confront the AOL Desktop Gold Shortcut icon missing issue while launching the application. Therefore, to fix the issue, follow the instructions given below.
- Initially, you have to establish a New Desktop Shortcut. For this, right-click on the AOL Desktop tray launcher and choose “Create New Desktop shortcut”.
- Moreover, you can also generate a shortcut via the help menu. Launch the AOL Desktop Gold and then access the Help menu. From there, opt for the Create new desktop shortcut.
- If the issue still exists, try to uninstall and then reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold.
Follow the steps below to return the AOL Desktop Gold icon on your Desktop.
- Firstly, launch the File Explorer icon from the toolbar.
- After this, tap on the Downloads folder and the Install_AOL_Desktop icon.
- Next, choose the Run option followed by the Install Now option.
- Finally, relaunch your system to accomplish the installation process.
Yes, it is possible to add the AOL Desktop Gold icon manually. For that, you must apply the below-given instructions attentively.
- Initially, move to the “My Computer” and tap the local disk C option.
- Afterwards, head towards the Programs and Files and look for the AOL Desktop folder.
- Next, tap on the AOL Desktop Gold icon and opt for the “Create AOL Desktop Gold” icon. Alternatively, you can also drag the icon manually to the main screen.
- Then, refresh your PC screen, and you will see that the process of restore missing AOL Desktop Gold icon is completed.