Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Are you looking for an easy way to setup HP Printer on iPhone? If yes, then you have arrived at the perfect place where you are supposed to be. This blog will discuss how users can set up HP printers on their iPhones using different tricks & hacks.
Users can use their iOS mobile phones, such as iPhones & iPad, to set up a wireless-capable printer on a wireless network. You can simply install the HP smart app on your device and set up the printer’s connection to the Wireless network. However, this connects the iOS mobile device to the same wireless network and sends print jobs from the device.
But, before that, there are some things that you need to keep in mind before setting up an HP printer on iPhone.
Requirements to Setup HP Printer on iPhone
Ensure that you meet all the requirements before making a connection:
- An active internet connection and a wireless network
- The Wireless network password or key if there’s a requirement by your network
- Require an HP LaserJet Pro Wireless-enabled printer that has been set up & turned on properly
- iPhone or iPad that is connected to the Wireless network
Step-by-Step Guide to Setup HP Printer on iPhone
Carefully follow these below-listed steps to complete your task:
Step 1. Restore Printer Network Settings
Restore your Printer your printer settings to the factory defaults. Here, follow these steps for your control panel type;-
Before moving forward with this step, one thing to note is if you have a USB cable connected to your printer before, disconnect it. In short, if you have wireless models that have a white display background, then you need to follow these steps:-
- From the home screen on the printer control panel, then swipe at the top of the screen and download to open your dashboard.
- After opening the dashboard, touch the Setup icon and choose the Restore Settings option.
Now, if you have a printer that has a touchscreen control panel with a black display background;-
- Firstly, swipe to see the Setup menu bar and touch the Set up icon to open up the menu.
- Then, scroll down and choose the Network Setup Menu.
- From there, select the Restore Defaults option.
If you have a 2-line LCD control panel, then follow these below-mentioned steps:-
For HP Color LaserJet Pro M404dw, 405dw & M454nw;-
- Navigate & open the Setup menu using the arrow options and then select the Network Setup menu.
- You can choose Restore Network Settings, and when the network settings are successfully restored to the factory defaults, the printer will restart automatically. And the Wireless light on the control panel will begin to pulse.
For HP LaserJet Pro printers with a 2-line LCD control panel, expect the M404dw, M405dw, and M454nw;
- Press Ok on the printer control panel and open your network Setup menu>>choose to Restore Defaults.
- When the network settings are properly restored to the factory defaults, the printer will automatically restart, and the control panel’s wireless light will start to pulse.
- Continue with the next step.
Step 2. Get HP Smart Application
- From the iOS device, navigate to the Settings option, go to the Bluetooth setting, and then turn it on.
- Connect the iOS device to the network you wish to connect the printer, so if it’s not connected already.
- Next, navigate to 123.hp.com.
- Click on the Get the App option and follow the prompts to download HP smart.
Step 3. Set Up Your Printer on the Wireless Network
- First, open your HP smart app and accept the end-user license agreement. To allow HP smart notifications, press on the Alllow option.
- Now, click on the messages on the screen, and the message will say something like “ we’ve found your printer, Set it up & get it connected. Click Here to Begin.”
- Click on the Continue option & then enter your wireless network password, and press the Continue tab again if necessary.
- You have to wait until your printer gets connected to the Network, which will only take a few more minutes. When your printer gets connected, the wireless light on the control panel will stop pulsing.
- Hit on the Print option to print out a test page.
Your printer is all set for wireless printing from your iOS mobile device.
How to Connect HP Printer with iphone without Wi-fi?
There are a few methods by which you can connect your HP printer to your iPhone without wi-fi. Here follow these methods carefully;-
Method 1. Print From Your iPhone Without Using Wi-Fi
In short, there are two methods to print from your mobile device. And the first is creating a hotspot between your printer & iPhone, which means there is no Wi-fi network around you. Make sure your Printer supports Wi-Fi connectivity.
Before we start with the steps, please ensure that there is a blinking LED indicator next to the Wi-fi logo on your printer.
- To begin, open the settings on your iPhone.
- Then, click on the Wi-fi option and choose your printer name from the list of networks.
- Now, enter the password to connect with the Printer.
- You can next check for the printer by navigating to the wireless menu of your Printer.
- Once you have joined the Printer hotspot, you can close your Settings application.
- Open your Photos application and click on the photo or document you want to print.
- Click on the share icon and scroll downwards and Tap on Print.
- Select your options and click on the Print option.
And this is how you can Connect and Setup HP Printer to iPhone without a Wi-fi connection.
Method 2. Print From iPhone Without Wi-fi Using OTG Cable
This method can help you connect your iPhone & Printer with an OTG cable, and after connecting your iPhone, you can follow these below-mentioned steps:-
1. Once you have connected your iPhone, you can click on the Yes option from the Pop-up menu on your screen.
2. Then, open your Photos application and select the photo & document that you wish to print out.
3. Click on the Share icon and scroll down>>Press Point.
4. Now, you will see your Printer name displayed in the Printer Menu. Select your options and click on the Print option.
This is how you can print from your iphone if your printer does not support Wi-fi connectivity. But, if you need a USB OTG cable, you may need to connect it to your iPhone.
How to Install HP Wireless Printer on Wi-Fi?
iPhone has an ” AirPrint ” feature that allows users from your iPhone over Wi-Fi. However, to ensure that this feature works in your favor, you need to be sure that your Printer supports Wi-Fi connectivity. Once confirmed about the Wi-Fi connectivity, you can simply print your photos using an iPhone with a Wi-Fi connection.
- First of all, connect your Printer to your Wi-Fi Network.
- Once you finish that, open the image application on your iPhone.
- Now, open the photo & document that you wish to print.
- Next, click on the share icon in the application’s left corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Print option.
- A new one will now appear on your screen with different Print options.
- Click on the Printer option to see the list of available printers.
- Choose your printer from the list and once you have selected the options, click on the Print option.
This blog explains how users can setup an HP printer on iPhone using different methods. We have also covered how you can print via Wi-Fi or without it. All you need to do is follow the above-listed steps and enjoy the ride to print your iPhone. You can contact our experts at our toll free number +1-855-362-0770
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Yes, if your printer supports Wireless directly. The Product Specifications for the HP LaserJet Pro M203dw show that the printer does support Wi-Fi direct and permits users to connect to the printer to their computer wirelessly without using the router.
Open the Wi-Fi network menu from your mobile and choose the option starting with Direct>>then your Printer model. If prompted, you can enter the Wi-Fi password and click on the Join button. Once you have done that, select the item you wish to print, choose the Print option, and choose AirPrint.
Bluetooth is one of the ancient wireless connection types, and it can be used for a complete standard wireless print job. Now, you will have the printer that you are using the feature a Bluetooth receiver. Once you have confirmed the existence of your Bluetooth, you can activate your Bluetooth connection.
Yes. Most of the supported printers include downloading the full driver printer software. The full-feature software is different from the HP smart application. If you need more help from the community, we need to know your exact printer model.