Estimated Read Time : 5:00
If you are not aware of SBCGlobal email conversion into AT&T email, then you are miles away from capturing the latest technical information about SBCGlobal email. SBCGlobal email was merged into a new company called AT&T email in 2005. But, many users accounts of SBCglobal are still in use. In this blog, you will read about how to setup SBCGlobal Email in Gmail by using the POP3 mail protocol.
You can also know about some common issues and how to fix them while setting up SBCGlobal email in Gmail. It may happen that you have not understood the set-up process mentioned below, then you must call SBCGlobal customer service to take the expert guidance while setting-up SBCGlobal email in Gmail. The step by step information about setting up SBCglobal email in Gmail will be explained to you for eliminating any issue. It is opened all the time 24/7 hours to support you and discuss your issues with proper solutions.
Set-Up SBCGlobal Email in Gmail with POP3 Mail Protocol
The steps are explained in detail about how to synchronize SBCglobal email with Gmail. Read out the full process carefully and follow the steps as it is said to implement.
POP3 Mail Protocol Set-Up
- Open the ‘Gmail App’ or ‘Gmail Website’ to login
- Sign in your Gmail account with your valid email address and password.
- Once the email account in Gmail is signed-in by you, you must click at the ‘Setting’ wheel icon.
- Next, click on ‘Mail Settings’ or ‘See All Settings’ given in your Gmail account
- Now, go to ‘Accounts and Import’ option and from the drop-down menu, choose the option ‘Check Email from Other Accounts’ or ‘Check Mail Using POP3’ and next, choose ‘Add an Email Account’.
- Enter your ‘SBCGlobal Email Address’ in the given space asking to mention your email id.
- Click the ‘Next’ button, and you will be asked to enter your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’
- In the User Name area, type your full SBCGlobal email address again and in ‘Password’, of course, type your correct password for the entered email address.
- Next, enter the remaining settings as
- Inbound Server: inbound.att.net
- Inbound Port: 995
- Enable the function by tapping at the checkbox given right in the front of ‘Always Use A Secure Connection’.
- Click ‘Add Account’, and you will be asked to choose the option for sending emails through Gmail. If you agree, then you must enter the following settings.
- Outbound Server: outbound.att.net
- Outbound Port: 465
Configuration of Att.net and SBCGlobal.net IMAP Settings
In case, you are looking to configure IMAP settings in Gmail, follow the below process.
- Open the ‘Gmail’ website or app.
- Press at the ‘File’ option showing at the top-left corner and choose ‘Account Settings New’
- Next, tap the ‘Server Setting’ option for manual set-up
- Click on the ‘Internet Email Addresses’ tab and mention the details under ‘User Information’ field.
- Choose IMAP setting of Att.net and SBCGlobal.net in incoming mail server – ‘imap.mail.att.net’ and enter the port number ‘993’ for protected connection.
- Next, select the outgoing mail server ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ and enter the port number ‘465’ and ‘587’.
- Now, select the ‘Test Account Settings’ to check the connection and email server settings.
- Press at the ‘Next’ button and tap at the ‘Finish’ to complete the IMAP email settings protocol.
The above steps are used to set-up or configure SBCGlobal Email in Gmail, but it happens many times that you might not understand some points. In such a case, you must have technical expert guidance by calling SBCGlobal net support to get a reliable solution for synchronizing SBCGlobal Email in Gmail.