Estimated Read Time : 5:00
To setup SBCGlobal Email in Gmail, read the entire article thoroughly. If you don’t know of SBCGlobal email merging into AT&T email, then you are still far away from capturing the latest technical information about SBCGlobal email. SBCGlobal email was incorporated into a new company called AT&T email in 2005. But, many user accounts of SBCGlobal are still in use. You will know how to set up SBCGlobal Email in Gmail using the POP3 mail protocol in this blog.
You can also know some typical errors and how to fix them while setup SBCGlobal email in Gmail. It may happen that you have not understood the set-up process mentioned below, then you must call SBCGlobal customer support to take the expert guidance while setup SBCGlobal email in Gmail. The step-by-step information about setting up SBCGlobal email in Gmail will be explained to you for eliminating any issue. It is opened all the time, 24/7 hours, to support you and discuss your problems with proper solutions.
What are the Reasons for transferring SBGCGlobal Email to Gmail?
There are numerous reasons that can lead to the transfer of SBCGlobnal email to Gmail. We have discussed a few of them in this section.
- At times SBCGlobal email stops working while you are doing some task. Whereas the Gmail response is perfect, up till now, we have not seen any case of the email getting stopped in the middle of the work.
- SBCGlobal email is not so compatible with iPhones. This is considered because iphone users encounter different error messages every other day. At the same time, Gmail can be set up on any device and works perfectly with all of them.
- Gmail Interface is better than SBCGlobal email.
- It Provides the users with smart replies and an automatic filter to filter out important and spam messages from one another.
What are the Features and benefits you get after transferring SBCGlobal email to Gmail?
Finally, let’s understand what features you receive when you transfer your SBCGlobal email to Gmail.
Batch Transfer of Emails:
Gmail lets the SBCGlobal user to do the batch transfer of their email into Gmail account. This means a user can move different emails from SBCGlobal email into Gmail at a time.
Preserve all the SBCGlobal Email Component
While you transfer your SBCGlobal mail, Gmail will make sure to safeguard all your attachments, headers, hyperlinks, etc., that you received in SBCGlobal email.
Keep your Email Folder in Structure
Gmail is designed in such a way that it keeps all your messages in proper hierarchy form. It sends unwanted messages to the Spam folder, and if there is any important message. It is sent to the Important Folder.
Compatible with all devices
Gmail works perfectly with both Windows and Mac devices. It runs on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, Mac OS, etc.
Schedule the calender
Another great advantage you receive is you have the option to schedule in the calendar. If you set a schedule in the calendar about a major event or trip, then Gmail will notify you about it.
Dial Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
Steps to Set-Up SBCGlobal Email in Gmail with POP3 Mail Protocol
The tips are explained about how to sync SBCGlobal email with Gmail. Follow up the whole process carefully and read the methods as it is said to implement.
POP3 Mail Protocol Configuration
- Open the ‘Gmail App’ or ‘Gmail Website’ to login
- Sign in to your Gmail account with your valid email address and password.
- Once you sign in to the email account in Gmail, you must click on the ‘Setting’ wheel icon.
- Next, click on ‘Mail Settings’ or ‘See All Settings’ given in your Gmail account
- Now, go to the ‘Accounts and Import’ option and, from the drop-down menu, choose the option ‘Check Email from Other Accounts’ or ‘Check Mail Using POP3’ and next, choose ‘Add an Email Account’.
- Enter your ‘SBCGlobal Email Address’ in the given space asking to mention your email id.
- Click the ‘Next button, and you will be asked to enter your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password.’
- In the User Name area, type your full SBCGlobal email address again, and in ‘Password’, of course, organize your correct password for the entered email address.
- Next, enter the remaining settings as
- Inbound Server: inbound.att.net
- Inbound Port: 995
- Enable the function by tapping at the checkbox given right in the front of ‘Always Use a Secure Connection’.
- Click ‘Add Account’, and you will be asked to choose the option for sending emails through Gmail. If you agree, then you must enter the following settings.
- Outbound Server: outbound.att.net
- Outbound Port: 465
Configuration of Att.net and SBCGlobal.net IMAP Settings
In case you are looking to configure IMAP settings in Gmail, follow the below process.
- Open the ‘Gmail’ website or app
- Press the ‘File’ option showing at the top-left corner and choose ‘Account Settings New.’
- Next, tap the ‘Server Setting’ option for manual set-up
- Click on the ‘Internet Email Addresses’ tab and mention the details under the ‘User Information’ field
- Choose IMAP setting of Att.net and SBCglobal.net in incoming mail server – ‘imap.mail.att.net’ and enter the port number ‘993’ for protected connection
- Next, select the outgoing mail server ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ and enter the port number ‘465’ and ‘587.’
- Now, select the ‘Test Account Settings’ to check the connection and email server settings
- Press the ‘Next’ button and tap at the ‘Finish’ to complete the IMAP email settings protocol.
The above steps are used to Configure or setup SBCGlobal Email in Gmail, but it happens many times that you might not understand some points. In such a case, you must have technical expert guidance by calling SBCGlobal toll-free number to get a reliable solution for synchronizing SBCGlobal Email in Gmail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Want to know the reasons that lead to the transfer of SBCGlobal email to Gmail? Let’s find out:
- The User interface of Gmail is much better than SBCGlobal email.
- It sends the emails to the specific folder on the basis of their importance automatically.
- You have the option to schedule a reminder.
- Most of the time SBCGlobal users encounter the SBCGlobal email not working problem, but with Gmail, there are no such issues.
- SBCGlobal email is not compatible with all devices. On the other hand, Gmail works perfectly with all the devices and OS.
Of course, you can send an SBCGlobal email to Gmail. With SBCGlobal, you have the option to forward all your incoming emails to another email account very easily by just following a few quick steps.
- First, open the Account login page of the SBCGlobal email.
- Thereafter, move to Settings, and check the Preferences tab.
- In the Preferences, you have to select the POP and Forwarding Email tab.
- Turn on the email Forwarding option, and enter the details of your Gmail account.
Note: Provide the overall Gmail id along with the Domain name.
- Moving ahead, verify the Port number on Google, and type it exactly as it is.
- Now, review the login details and tap on the Save button to make the permanent changes.
- Thereon, check your Gmail account and look for the verification code you received.
- Next, enter that verification code in the SBCGlobal screen and hit the Submit button.
- After providing the code, you will see a ‘Successfully saved’ message on your screen.
- Finally, hit the Done button to get back to the login page.
To export the SBCGlobal email to Gmail, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- In the beginning, download and run the SBCGlobal email Converter.
- Thereafter, select the IMAP option and provide your SBCGlobal account login credentials.
- Now, select the specific email folder to export it.
- Choose Gmail and set up the Gmail account login details.
- Now, start to transfer your SBCGlobal email to Gmail.
We can’t make a comparison between the SBCGlobal email and Gmail. However, Gmail has numerous new and advanced features than that of SCBGlobal. It filters out emails, sets a reminder, helps you with automatic replies, etc. Thus Gmail is considered better than SBCGlobal.
If you want to access your SBCGlobal email account, then use the AT&T sign-in page. This is because, after the merger of SBC and AT&T, there isn’t any separate page for SBCGlobal users to log in to their accounts. Simply go to AT&T and enter your SBCGlobal email address along with the password, then you will reach the inbox.