Estimated Read Time : 5:00
If you don’t know of SBCGlobal email merging into AT&T email, then you are still far away from capturing the latest technical information about SBCGlobal email. SBCGlobal email was incorporated into a new company called AT&T email in 2005. But, many user accounts of SBCGlobal are still in use. You will know how to set up SBCGlobal Email in Gmail using the POP3 mail protocol in this blog.
You can also know some typical errors and how to fix them while setting up SBCGlobal email in Gmail. It may happen that you have not understood the set-up process mentioned below, then you must call SBCGlobal customer support to take the expert guidance while setting up SBCGlobal email in Gmail. The step-by-step information about setting up SBCGlobal email in Gmail will be explained to you for eliminating any issue. It is opened all the time, 24/7 hours, to support you and discuss your problems with proper solutions.
Steps to Set-Up SBCGlobal Email in Gmail with POP3 Mail Protocol
The tips are explained about how to sync SBCGlobal email with Gmail. Follow up the whole process carefully and read the methods as it is said to implement.
POP3 Mail Protocol Configuration
- Open the ‘Gmail App’ or ‘Gmail Website’ to login
- Sign in to your Gmail account with your valid email address and password.
- Once you sign in to the email account in Gmail, you must click on the ‘Setting’ wheel icon.
- Next, click on ‘Mail Settings’ or ‘See All Settings’ given in your Gmail account
- Now, go to the ‘Accounts and Import’ option and, from the drop-down menu, choose the option ‘Check Email from Other Accounts’ or ‘Check Mail Using POP3’ and next, choose ‘Add an Email Account’.
- Enter your ‘SBCGlobal Email Address’ in the given space asking to mention your email id.
- Click the ‘Next button, and you will be asked to enter your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password.’
- In the User Name area, type your full SBCGlobal email address again, and in ‘Password’, of course, organize your correct password for the entered email address.
- Next, enter the remaining settings as
- Inbound Server: inbound.att.net
- Inbound Port: 995
- Enable the function by tapping at the checkbox given right in the front of ‘Always Use a Secure Connection’.
- Click ‘Add Account’, and you will be asked to choose the option for sending emails through Gmail. If you agree, then you must enter the following settings.
- Outbound Server: outbound.att.net
- Outbound Port: 465
Configuration of Att.net and SBCGlobal.net IMAP Settings
In case you are looking to configure IMAP settings in Gmail, follow the below process.
- Open the ‘Gmail’ website or app
- Press the ‘File’ option showing at the top-left corner and choose ‘Account Settings New.’
- Next, tap the ‘Server Setting’ option for manual set-up
- Click on the ‘Internet Email Addresses’ tab and mention the details under the ‘User Information’ field
- Choose IMAP setting of Att.net and SBCglobal.net in incoming mail server – ‘imap.mail.att.net’ and enter the port number ‘993’ for protected connection
- Next, select the outgoing mail server ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ and enter the port number ‘465’ and ‘587.’
- Now, select the ‘Test Account Settings’ to check the connection and email server settings
- Press the ‘Next’ button and tap at the ‘Finish’ to complete the IMAP email settings protocol.
The above steps are used to set up or configure SBCGlobal Email in Gmail, but it happens many times that you might not understand some points. In such a case, you must have technical expert guidance by calling SBCGlobal toll-free number to get a reliable solution for synchronizing SBCGlobal Email in Gmail.