Estimated Read Time : 5:00
TurboTax is the perfect taxation software that lets users compute taxes and returns accurately. The best thing is that it makes the tax-filing process much easier and convenient just through one application. But sometimes, the users might get stuck when they don’t know how to install TurboTax on Windows 10, 11, and 8.
However, to help you out, we have explained all the detailed instructions to do the same. Read this description guide carefully and know how to install TurboTax with or without a CD.
If you are running short of time and don’t have enough time to install Turbotax on your own? Call our support team at:
Dial Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
Learn How to Install TurboTax Using Easy Steps
Sometimes, questions might arise in the mind of users on how to install TurboTax. We have provided you with some simple stepwise instructions below to answer this question. Read the instructions thoroughly to avoid any further discrepancies.
- Before initiating the process, it is essential to establish a strong and uninterrupted internet connection.
- Afterwards, open your preferred web browser and reach the TurboTax.com website.
- Consequently, it will redirect you to the TurboTax Sign-In webpage. If you already have an account, pick the Sign In option.
- Otherwise, establish an account by choosing the Create An Account option. Complete the account creation process by following the online directions carefully.
- After this, opt for the download option, and it will eventually begin downloading TurboTax.
- Once the file is downloaded, reach the system’s default location i.e., the Downloads folder. In that particular folder, locate your previously downloaded file and double-click on it to download.
- Furthermore, hit on the highlighted Install button.
- After completing the installation process, locate and tap on the Finish button.
- You have to add the installation key and then hit the Next option.
- At last, pick the activation method, and it is suggested to opt for Internet Activation.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Install TurboTax on Windows 10
Are you wondering how to install TurboTax on Windows 10 and don’t have any clue about it? If that’s so, you must strictly execute the steps below as listed.
- Before initiating the process, shut down all the programs on your system. Moreover, you must ensure that you have disabled the firewall and antivirus temporarily.
- Now, you must put the TurboTax CD into the optical drive properly.
- Afterwards, double-tap on the file named “Run setup.exe”.
- For instance, if you have downloaded a copy of TurboTax Online, you must double-tap on the Installer button.
- Then, move further by clicking on the Next button.
- Give your consent to the Terms and Conditions by marking the “I Agree” checkbox from the License Agreement.
- Next, tap on the Change button and pick another folder if you wish to install the software at a different location in the system.
- Verify that you have unmarked the “Sure, count me in” checkbox if you don’t want to transfer an anonymous performance report to Intuit.
- At last, hit the Install option to end the entire procedure. The entire process may take up to 3-5 minutes to complete, so you must wait patiently until the process continues.
Simple Procedure on How to Install TurboTax with CD/DVD on Windows 10
If you purchase the TurboTax product physically through a retail store, you will get an installation CD/DVD. To install the TurboTax with CD, apply the steps as explained below.
- To begin with, ensure that you have turned off all the programs that are operating in the background. Also, verify that you have disabled the antivirus program and the firewall.
- After this, you should enable the installed version and double-click on the downloaded setup file to open it.
- Now, you must put the CD you got while purchasing the TurboTax software into the CD driver.
- Launch the Run window and then tap on the Browse option.
- Furthermore, you must look for the TurboTax CD from CD/DVD/RW Drive, mainly from the D drive.
- Thereafter, double-tap on the file named setup.exe and then hit OK to launch the installer.
Here’s How to Install TurboTax without CD/DVD on Windows 10
Here, we have explained simple instructions to download TurboTax on Windows 10 without a CD easily.
- Ensure that you have closed all the running applications on your device. Also, verify that you have closed the web browser.
- After this, turn off the antivirus programs that are already running, as they might generate problems while installing TurboTax.
- Reach the official website of TurboTax and then try to search for the official download link for your product.
- Meanwhile, you must choose the product you wish to purchase.
- Once you have successfully chosen the TurboTax product, follow the directions given on the screen to install it.
Detailed Procedure on How to install TurboTax on Windows 7 and Windows 8
According to the latest security updates, Intuit has advised its users to switch to Windows 10 or later OS. From now onwards, Windows 7 has been waiting to receive Microsoft’s recently launched security updates since January 14th, 2020.
Microsoft has taken this decision by considering security as the utmost priority. Also, it helps keep sensitive details like social security numbers and bank details safe from unauthorized access. However, for the tax year 2019 filed in 2020, users having Windows 7 must utilize the online version of TurboTax.
Can I access TurboTax on Windows 8?
Accessing the Turbotax on the Windows 7 operating system is still not possible, and the users must update to the Windows 10 or later version available. However, perform the steps listed below to get the software installed on Windows 8.
- In the beginning, you must download the TurboTax software on your device.
- Now, access the downloaded file and initiate the installation process.
- If you put the CD into the CD driver, but it still interrupts while installing, then follow the steps below:
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- After this, tap on the Browse button and open the CD drive to access the setup.exe file.
- As a result, this will begin the installation of TurboTax on Windows 8.
- After the proper installation, hit on Let’s Activate it to activate the installed subscription.
- You must add the License Code and opt for the Continue option to end the installation procedure.
Simple steps on how to install TurboTax on Windows 11
Well, it is undeniable that TurboTax is a one-stop solution using which you can easily compute and file taxes. Many users opt for this reliable taxation software to pay state and federal taxes on time. You must follow the steps given below to accomplish the following task.
- Before proceeding further, ensure you have turned off all their background processes and programs.
- After this, switch off the firewall as well as the antivirus software.
- Now, you must open the optical drive and put the installation CD properly.
- Once done, look for the downloaded setup file named Run setup.exe.
- Then, launch the installer after accomplishing the downloading process and hit the Next option.
- Furthermore, you have to select the “I agree to License Agreements” checkbox.
- Opt for the Change button and then pick a different folder if you have to install the software in a different system location.
- Make sure that the checkbox of “Sure, count me in” checkbox to send an anonymous report to Intuit.
- Proceed further by tapping on the Install button.
- You must wait 3 to 5 minutes to complete the installation process.
Get the Installation of TurboTax on Android Phone
- First of all, open the Play Store on your device and type “TurboTax” within the search column.
- Consequently, a list of results will appear on your screen and choose the TurboTax option from that list.
- After this, click on the Install button behind the TurboTax software.
- Once the downloading is over, you will notice the TurboTax application on the home screen.
- However, if you are on the Play Store, hit the Open button to access the application.
- Finally, you must log in or create a TurboTax account to get access to the application.
Steps for the Installation of TurboTax on iPhone or iPad
- Begin the process by opening the iOS App Store on your device and then input TurboTax within the search area.
- Now, hit the Get button present next to the TurboTax application.
- Once the application has been downloaded, open it from the iOS store.
- Afterwards, either sign in or create an account if you don’t have an account earlier.
- Furthermore, end the process by acting according to the directions instructed on the screen for filing the tax return appropriately.
We assure you that this post has guided you through the stepwise instructions to install TurboTax on Windows 10 and 11. If you are facing any technical difficulties, you can communicate with our TurboTax experts right away through email or live chat. Our professionals will assist you in a hassle-free manner until your query is resolved.