Estimated Read Time : 5:00
TurboTax is a highly-recommended tax-filing software for sole proprietors, working individuals, and small enterprises. It is a great software with a user-friendly interface that lets the users file tax returns easily. But like any other application, it is also not free from technical bugs and glitches.
TurboTax Error 70001 is one such error that the users might strike while operating the TurboTax using an unstable internet connection. However, there are multiple other reasons that might result in this error. Read this informative guide to rectify your error asap.
Witnessing issues while working on TurboTax due to TurboTax Error 70001? Call us at +1-855-362-0770 and get verified solutions to deal with the error asap.
Important Reasons Behind the Emergence of TurboTax Error Code 70001
Below we have listed all possible causes that might contribute to the TurboTax Error 70001. Read the causes attentively so that you can troubleshoot the issue hassle-free.
- A sudden drop in the internet connection is the major cause of the error.
- Sometimes, it may appear when the user is accessing TurboTax on a workstation rather than a PC.
- The security software or Windows Firewall may be interrupting the access to TurboTax.
- You don’t have enough permissions to operate the TurboTax program or require elevated rights to access it.
Instances When you Experience TurboTax Error 70001
Below, we have listed some instances when you might discover TurboTax Error 70001.
- If you are not linked with a stable and good internet connection.
- When the error pops up, it starts flashing the error message on your screen.
- Sometimes, it may occur when your computer starts freezing frequently.
- Your Windows PC starts performing sluggishly.
Fixation Methods to Eradicate Error 70001 in TurboTax
Dealing with issues like TurboTax Error 70001 isn’t easy until you have proper resolution methods. So, here we have discussed some easy techniques to deal with the problem.
Resolution 1: Verifying the Internet Connection and Hardware
- Initially, move to the Wireless Access Point module and attempt to sign in twice.
- After that, log out from the Windows account and turn off your PC.
- Next, you must shut down all network hardware like routers, Cables, Modem, etc. Then, you have to restart each one after the other with a gap of 1 minute amidst restarting them.
- After this, you must restart all these devices, including your PC. You must log in to your TurboTax software.
- If the error recurs, don’t worry and proceed to the next troubleshooting method.
Resolution 2: Access TurboTax With Proper Admin Rights
Sometimes, the users might come across Turbotax Error 70001 due to a lack of administrator rights. Therefore, try running TurboTax with admin rights to resolve the issue using the steps listed below.
- Exit the TurboTax application if it’s already open on your Windows device.
- Now, right-click on the TurboTax icon from the desktop and then opt for the Run as Administrator option.
- For instance, hover your cursor over the Properties.
- If the Run as Administrator option isn’t visible move to the Properties tab.
- Thereafter, move to the > Compatibility > Run this program as administrator.
- Ultimately, choose the Apply option followed by OK to save the desired changes.
Resolution 3: Verify that you are using the Latest version of TurboTax
Make sure that you are accessing the newly launched release of TurboTax software. Follow the steps listed below to accomplish the task.
- Initially, open the TurboTax application on your PC and then opt for the Check For Updates. You will locate this option from the Online menu present at the top of the screen.
- Whereas, if you are a Mac user, you must close and open the TurboTax application once again.
- Next, you will be notified if any latest updates are available for the TurboTax. Then, you can get the update download as per your preferred operating system.
Resolution 4: Utilize the Selective Startup Mode to Install TurboTax
- Before proceeding further, shut down all Windows and press the Windows key.
- After this, you must open the Run console and type “msconfig” within the search field.
- Consequently, a window will appear on the screen stating System Configuration Utility”. Then, head towards the General tab and tap on it.
- Now, choose the Selective Startup option beneath the General tab.
- Afterwards, below the Services tab, mark the “Hide All Microsoft Services” checkbox. Then, you have to confirm it by tapping on the “Disable All” option.
- Next, hit the OK button and restart your PC whenever prompted.
- Finally, try re-installing TurboTax and verify if the issue persists.
Resolution 5: Remove and Install the TurboTax software again
At times, reinstalling the TurboTax software resolves most issues, such as TurboTax Error 70001. To do so, perform the stepwise instructions mentioned below attentively.
Uninstall the TurboTax software
- Before proceeding further with the process, you must ensure that you have established a backup copy of your tax file.
- Once the backup is completed, exit from the TurboTax application.
- Afterwards, hit the Windows key and then opt for the Control Panel from the list of options.
- Furthermore, choose the Uninstall a Program option. If this option isn’t available, opt for Program and Features.
- Now, look for the TurboTax version you wish to wipe out, select it, and then click the Remove, Change or Uninstall option.
- From the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen, head towards the Uninstall TurboTax.
Install a Fresh Copy of TurboTax
- After the successful uninstallation of the software, relaunch your PC.
- Next, you must install your CD if you purchased the product from a retail store to begin the installation process. Otherwise, open the TurboTax from its official website.
- Open the previously downloaded setup from the download’s folder to move further.
- Subsequently, perform as the instructions come up on the screen to accomplish the installation process.
- Try to run the TurboTax software and verify if the error still exists.
Resolution 6: Open TurboTax software on the PC Instead of the Workstation
The user is highly recommended to run the TurboTax software on their PC rather than on their workstations. This is so because many workstations have strong firewall settings, which might obstruct TurboTax from accessing the internet. As a result, it might give rise to Turbotax Error Code 70001.
Resolution 7: Review Your Windows Firewall Settings
Windows Firewall is a security application that provides a complete layer of security by blocking malicious programs from entering your system. At times, Firewall blocks the users’ access from certain unknown applications. This is so because the firewall consider it as a threat to your system. As a result, it obstructs TurboTax from accessing the internet connection. Consequently, it might lead to the 70001 in TurboTax. Therefore, to resolve the error, you must verify that TurboTax isn’t restricted from accessing the internet connection.
Resolution 8: Prepare a Backup in the Registry Editor:-
- In the beginning, move to the Windows menu and write “Command” into the search column.
- Consequently, it will redirect you to the Command Prompt window.
- From the available list of options, go for Run as administrator, which will open a black color window.
- Within the same screen, write “regedit” and hit the Enter key.
- After this, opt for the Export option from the File menu.
- Then, you must assign a new name to your file called “TurboTax Backup”.
- Confirm that you have opted for the “Selected Branch” option in the export branch box.
- Finally, select the Save option, and you will see that the files will get saved within the “.reg” file.
Wrapping It Up!!
Here, we conclude this post and assure you that this descriptive post will assist you in resolving TurboTax Error 70001. However, consult our experts if you get stuck at any of the steps. You can talk to our highly-certified experts over live chat and obtain the best possible solutions.