Estimated Read Time : 5:00
To Resolve QuickBooks error 6094 is one of the most frustrating technical snags that generally appear when the user tries to access the QuickBooks company file but the software fails to do so. This error is mostly triggered when antivirus software blocks the connection request to access the company file.
When the user strikes the QuickBooks error 6094, then they will be able to see a pop-up display reflecting the error message as;
“An error arises when QuickBooks tried to start the database server manager that access the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0).”
Now, let’s discuss in depth why the QuickBooks error 6094 arises and what troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve it.
“Get instant solution in eliminating QuickBooks error 6094 by speaking live with our trained QuickBooks experts via call .”
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6094 Arises?
There can be numerous reasons why a user may encounter the error code 6094 in QuickBooks. Although, below we have filtered out some of the most common and possible reasons due to why a user may face QuickBooks error 6094;
- The background active antivirus software is the primary reason behind QuickBooks error 6094.
- When the user tries to access the database server that manages the access of the QuickBooks company file, it can also lead to the QuickBooks error 6094.
- Poor internet connection or wrong network settings.
General Steps to Execute
Before you directly move to the long solutions to resolve the error, let’s take a look at some of the quick solutions that you can implement to get the error fixed;
- Download the new updates of QuickBooks desktop accounting software.
- Add QuickBooks and other important folders to the antivirus exclude list.
- Use the antivirus vault and quarantine folder, and then restore the qbdmgr.exe and qbdbmgrn.exe files.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6094
Given below are the troubleshooting methods that you can follow step-by-step to resolve QuickBooks error code 6094;
Method 1. Download New Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
Here are the steps that you can follow to download new updates in the QuickBooks desktop application;
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks desktop application on your workstation.
- Thereon, move to the “Help” menu option and then select the “Update QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- Followed by the above steps, select the “Update Now” option.
- Afterwards, you have to click on the “Get Updates QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- If new updates are available, the updating process will commence on your workstation.
- As the updating process ends, perform a deep reboot of your PC.
Once you are done updating the QuickBooks desktop to the latest release, launch the software and verify whether the QuickBooks error 6094 has been terminated.
Method 2. Repair QuickBooks Desktop Application
Note: Before you start repairing the QuickBooks desktop, make sure to back up the company’s files.
- Close all the active background applications on your device.
- Go to the control panel settings on your device.
- Thirdly, select the “Programs & Features” option, and uninstall those applications that you don’t need any more.
- Next, find the QuickBooks application from the list, and select it.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall/ Change” option, and click on the “Continue” > “Next” option.
- Moving ahead, you have to select the “Repair” option and then click on the “Next” option.
- As the repairing process ends, click on the “Finish” option, and perform a deep reboot of your device.
- At last, download the new updates of the latest payroll tax tables.
Now, check if this method has helped you resolve QuickBooks error 6094. In case, the error still persists, then implement the method 3.
Method 3. Use PC Tools Internet Security
Firstly, you have to restore the infections quarantined on your device. For that, below listed are the steps that you can follow;
- Go to the settings menu and select the “Quarantine” option.
- After that, you have to select the “Necessary Items” that you want to restore, followed by a click on the “Restore” option.
- Thereon, click on the “Yes” and “OK” options.
Prevent QuickBooks directory from getting scanned by setting up exceptions;
- Move to the PC Tools Internet Security menu, then click the “Settings” option.
- Thereon, select the “Global Action List” option, and add the files you want to prevent from scanning.
- At last, end this process by clicking on the “OK” option.
Method 4. Run Quick Fix My Program Tool
Last but not least solution that you should follow is running Quick Fix My Program tool on your device. This tool will help you fix the repair issues with the QuickBooks desktop program. Below listed are the steps that you can follow to do so;
- At first, you have to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device,
- Launch the tool hub on your workstation, and then click on the “Program Problems” option, which is available on the left-hand side menu screen.
- Followed by the above steps, click on the “Quick Fix My Program” tool option.
- Now, the tool will fix all the general program issues on your workstation.
- Select the “Installation Issues” option, then click on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” option. This will repair the installation issues with your QuickBooks files.
As shown above, we have covered some tried and tested solutions you can follow to resolve QuickBooks error code 6094. In a scenario, if you are still facing the same error or need any professional help in resolving the issue, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-362-0770 . Our experts are available 24*7 around the clock to answer your query and provide the best feasible solution.