Estimated Read Time : 5:00
QuickBooks error 6123 arises when users try to open, upgrade or restore their company files. This error might also occur while opening the file directly from the network or restoring a backup file. Error code 6123 in QuickBooks disallows the users to access the company file in a multi-user network mode.
QuickBooks users will be able to notice this error with a pop-up display window reflecting error message as;
There are various factors and reasons why a user may encounter the QuickBooks error code 6123. Although, implementing the solutions listed in the article can help you resolve the error easily. Read out the complete article to implement the troubleshooting steps.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6123 Arise?
Some of the possible reasons/ factors that provoke the QuickBooks error 6123 are as follows;
- An outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop application is a common reason behind error 6123.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- Network or internet connectivity issues.
- Damaged or outdated windows OS version.
- If the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is inactive on your windows version, it can also lead to the QuickBooks error 6123.
- Damaged PC’s windows user.
- A background active antivirus application on your device can also restrict you from working smoothly on the QuickBooks software.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123
After having an idea about the possible reasons why the error arises. Let’s take a brief look at the possible solutions that you can easily execute step-by-step to eliminate QuickBooks error code 6123;
Solution 1. Use Quick Fix My Program Tool
The first solution is running Quick Fix My Program tool on your workstation. This tool is specially designed to refresh your device’s QuickBooks installation files and re-register the installation files to resolve various issues, such as QuickBooks error 6123.
To run the Quick Fix My Program Tool on your device, here are the steps that you can follow;
- At first, you have to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- Moving ahead, launch the tool on your device, and then click on the “Program Problems” option, which is available in the left-hand side menu list.
- Next, click on the “Quick Fix My Program” option, which is available in the green color box.
- With that effect, the QuickBooks desktop repair process will start on your device.
- Now, as the repairing process ends, move to the QuickBooks desktop application, and check whether the QuickBooks error code 6123 has been terminated.
In a scenario, if the QuickBooks error code 6123 still persists, then follow solution 2.
Solution 2. Launch QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- Select the “Company File Issues” option, then click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option in the green color box.
- Moving ahead, click on the drop-down menu icon, and then choose your QuickBooks file.
- If you can’t find the file, click the “Browse” option and then choose the file manually.
- Here, you have to checkmark the “Check File Damaged Only” option, and then you have to choose the “Diagnose File” option.
- Thereon, enter the login credentials of your QuickBooks admin account, followed by a click on the “OK” option.
- With that effect, the repair process will start on your device. It might take 20-30 minutes, depending on the file size and the internet connectivity speed.
Once you are done repairing the QuickBooks file, close all the active applications on your workstation and launch the QuickBooks software. Thereon, verify whether this method has helped troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6123.
Solution 3. Rename the QuickBooks ND & TLG Files
- Navigate to the folder and location where the QuickBooks company file is saved on your PC.
- Thereon, you have to search there for the network data file. You may find this by searching for a file extension as “.ND”.
- Do a right click on the file, and then select the “Rename” option.
- Now, rename the network data file extension from .ND file to .ND.OLD.
- Once you are done with that, then rename the TLG file in the same manner.
Also Resolve QuickBooks Error 6094
Solution 4. Create a New Windows Admin User
If the QuickBooks error code 6123 is occurring due to a corrupted windows user, creating a new windows admin user can help you resolve the error. Below listed are the steps that you can follow to create a new windows user;
- Go to your device’s “Control Panel” settings, and click the “Create a New Account” option.
- Moving ahead, choose the user type as “Administrator,” and then you will be automatically logged out from your current account.
- Thereon, reboot your system and log in to your windows user account.
- Next, you must move the company file to the desktop and launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
Solution 5. Use QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility Tool
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks desktop application on your workstation.
- Next, click on the “File” menu option and select the “Utilities” option.
- Then, click on the “Verify Data” option.
- It will yield the errors that are impacting the QuickBooks file.
- Thereon, you have to keep following the steps to rebuild the data.
- Once you finish that, move back to the “File” menu and select the “Utilities” option.
- Next, choose the “Rebuild Data Utility” option, and run it on your device.
Above, we have covered five solutions that you can execute step-by-step to resolve QuickBooks error code 6123. If the above-mentioned solutions do not help you resolve the error, then you can contact our team of trained QuickBooks experts via mail . Our trained experts are available 24*7 around the clock to attend to your query and helping you with the best possible solution to get the error resolved.