QuickBooks error 6144 82 is an error code in the program that occurs when you try to open a QuickBooks company file that is already in use. Improper configuration of the network can be one of the main reasons behind this error. Inappropriate installation of the QuickBooks software can also be one of the possible reasons behind this error.
When the error occurs, you will get a warning message on your screen for the same that says – There is a problem in QuickBooks, and hence, it needs to be closed. If the error is affecting your workflow, you can fix QuickBooks error 6144 82 by finding its possible reasons and working on them. Reading this post until the end can be a great help to you.
About QuickBooks Desktop Error 6144 82
QuickBooks error code 6144 82 is a common error that occurs when opening the data file from within the software. This data file stores the crucial information related to your business accounting. To manage your business accounting, it is important to access this company file.
However, when access to QuickBooks company gets hampered due to the QuickBooks error 6144 82, you may not be able to work on it and start falling behind. Listing the list of the possible reasons behind the error and fixing them one after the another can be a suitable approach to eliminating the problem. Let’s find them out!
Why Am I Seeing QuickBooks Error Message 6144 82?
If you see the repeated error messages with the error code 6144 82 when opening your primary data file, it may be caused due to any of the below-given reasons:
- A malicious link download is used in program installation.
- Damaged or incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- Corrupt entries are recorded in the Windows registry.
- Corruption in the system due to viruses or malware attacks.
- Damaged corresponding QuickBooks company files (.ND & .TLG).
- Improperly configured multi-user network can also evoke the QuickBooks Desktop error 6144 82.
- The restrictive action of the Windows Firewall blocks communication.
- Accidental deletion of the QuickBooks-related file.
- The company file has its new location in a different folder.
- Damaged/corrupt data file due to various detrimental factors.
- The error code 6144 82 in QuickBooks can also take place due to an unstable network connection.
- Insufficient access permission can also evoke an error.
What Are The Symptoms Of QuickBooks Company File Error 6144 82?
One of the main symptoms of QuickBooks error 6144 82 is that it comes with an error message when opening the company file. Besides you may also identify the error by checking the below-listed symptoms:
- The error will crash an active window on its arrival.
- The system crashes when running the same program.
- Sluggish performance of Windows Desktop when provided with the mouse or keyboard inputs.
- Computer freezing multiple time is also one of the possible symptoms of QuickBooks error 6144 82.
- Windows shut down in order to prevent the damage caused by the error.
How Can I Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
Knowing the possible reasons and symptoms of the error can make your journey to the error resolution smoother. Now that we have already discussed it, let’s proceed further and perform the below-explained solutions:
Solution 1: Rename Network Data and Transaction Log Files
Network Data and Transaction Log files are the corresponding files to the QuickBooks company file. Besides, they are in the same folder that contains the QuickBooks company file. You can locate these files with .ND and .TLG extensions. When these files get damaged, you may get QuickBooks error 6144 82. To resolve the error, follow the below-explained steps:
- Navigate to the folder containing the QuickBooks company file.
- Next, you need to locate the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Now select and right-click on any of these files, let’s say .ND file and select Rename from the drop-down menu.
- When the Rename option appears, add .OLD at the end of the file name, and it will look like the filename.nd.old.
- After renaming the network data file, you need to perform the same steps for the transaction log file.
- Locate and right-click on the file with .TLG file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Here, you again need to add .OLD at the end of the file name, and it will look like filename.tlg.old.
If the QuickBooks error 6144 82 continues after renaming the files, you need to perform the steps for the following solution.
Solution 2: Rename Your Company (.QBW) File
According to Intuit’s standard, you need to make sure that your company file name is not exceeding the limit of 65 characters. Also, you need to make sure that the file name has no special characters in it. However, if any of the following conditions persist, you need to rename your company file. To do so:
- Navigate to the folder containing the QuickBooks company file – C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Once located, right-click on the QuickBooks company file having extension .QBW and select Rename from the drop-down menu.
- Now make sure that there are no special characters in it.
- Also, reduce the length of the file name if it exceeds 65 characters.
This solution can help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks company file access error 6144 82. If there is no luck with this solution, try the next one.
Solution 3: Repair Your Windows Registry If Damaged
A recent change made to QuickBooks can cause damage to the Windows registry. In such a case, you need to repair the corrupted Windows registry by following the below-described steps:
- Click on the Windows Start icon and type Command in the Search box.
- Next, click Enter, press and hold CTRL + Shift keys, and hit Enter again.
- Thereafter, you will see a permission box wherein you need to click Yes.
- After that, a black box with a blinking cursor will show up on your screen.
- Type “Regedit” in the box and click Enter.
- When the Registry Editor opens, select Error 6144 82.
- Now go to the File menu and click Export.
- Moving further, select the folder to save the QuickBooks backup key.
- Name this folder and move ahead.
- From within the Export Range Box, click the Selected Branch option.
- Now save all the changes you have made to .Reg file extension.
- In the end, create the QuickBooks-related registry entry backup.
Solution 4: Enable Permissions To The Users
Setting user permissions can also help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6144 82. Below are the steps to get it done:
- Launch the QuickBooks application and then go to the company tab.
- After that, search for the users and select Set Up Users and Roles.
- Once done, provide the password in the specified area to access the information.
- You may now choose the username from the user list.
- Modify your role based on your specific requirements.
Solution 5: Try Opening QuickBooks File From A New Location
If QuickBooks error code 6144 82 still appears on your screen when opening your data file, try opening it from a new location. Follow the below-described steps:
- Navigate through this location – C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files. Here, you can see your primary company file.
- Copy the file from here and then go to your Desktop.
- Create a new folder with the name QBTEST and paste the file into this newly created folder.
- Now try to open the file from its new location and check if you can open it or not.
If the company file opens, it means the folder containing the company file is damaged. If not, the company file itself is damaged.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an important utility in the program that enables the users to configure QuickBooks servers for multi-user access. It creates a network data (.ND) file in the host computer to make it accessible in a network. However, if this service is turned off, you may not be able to access your data file. To run the QBDBMgrN service, follow the below-described steps:
- First things first, move to the Programs list and click on the QuickBooks icon after locating it.
- After that, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager when the drop-down menu opens.
- Proceeding further, click on the Add Folder tab.
- Now, in C Drive, search and add the QuickBooks folder and minimize the tab.
- Finally, click the Scan Now icon, and it will scan the company file over the network for potential issues.
Enabling the QuickBooks Database Server Manager can be an effective way to fix the QuickBooks error 6144 82.
This well-described post can help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 6144 82. It elaborates on the possible causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting steps you need to know for error resolution. By implementing these solutions, you can get back to your regular workflow. On getting issues, feel free to chat with our experienced professionals, and they will assist you with the best solution. Also, you can email us and get a callback.