Estimated Read Time : 5:00
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 is a very common error that creates an unsuccessful payroll update. The main reason behind Error 12152 is a disturbance in your Internet connection, and when this error happens, you may find various difficulties in connecting to the server. So, if you also have encountered QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152, then go through this blog to get all the important tips and information and troubleshoot it in no time.
Don’t know how to troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152? Give us a call at +1-855-362-0770 and talk to our experts to receive a quick fix for your query.
Factors leading to QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152
Let’s now find out the possible reasons that cause QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152:
- You are using an Outdated or older version of QuickBooks software.
- If there is some misconfiguration in Internet Settings.
- If some unknown user has made some changes or deleted important QuickBooks files.
- Another reason can be a corrupted window registry.
- The QuickBooks software turned off due to the sudden shutdown of your system without properly closing the QuickBooks App.
- Slow Internet Connection.
- If an important QuickBooks file is deleted.
- Presence of Viruses or malware in your System.
- Incorrect or partial installation of Quickbooks software can be another reason as well, for the QuickBooks error 12152
What is the Sign of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152?
Before going further with the techniques to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152, let’s first understand the symptoms that help you identify the error.
- You can’t update your QuickBooks software.
- Your System freezes frequently.
- The System shuts down on its own.
- An error message will appear on your screen to warn you about the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152.
- Your QuickBooks software stops responding to your Command.
Solutions to Resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152.
Solution 1: Verify Your Internet Settings
As we already mentioned, the main reason behind QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 is an unstable Internet connection. So whenever you identify this error in your System, Check your Internet Connection. To do further configuration of the internet, follow the given instruction:
- Open Run Window.
- Then Enter Control Panel in the search box, and click Ok.
- After that, on the next page, look for Internet Options, and click on it.
- Then a new Internet Properties window will open; in that, hit on the Advanced tab.
- Now click on Restore Advanced Settings.
- After this, you have to click on the Ok button and wait for some time so that previous modifications are reverted.
- Now at the end, restart the System and download the QuickBooks update again.
Solution 2: Check for the Date and Time Setting of your System.
Look at the bottom right corner of your screen, and check the date & time. If they are not apt, then follow the given procedure:
- Press the right side of the mouse and select to modify the date & time.
- Do the modification manually and then hit Ok.
- Now, in the end, restart the QuickBooks software, and check if the error is still consistent.
Solution 3: Re-establish your Computer System
- Utilize your administrative credentials to sign in to your System.
- Hit the Window icon, and then click on the All program tab.
- Then choose Accessories and go to the System Tools.
- Select to do a System Restore.
- After this, you will get a prompt option on your screen, where you have to choose “Restore my computer to an earlier time.”
- Now Click on the Next option, and then to restore the past version choose a location/ point/ folder.
- Thereafter Hit on the Next button, and you will get a configuration message on your screen.
- Now hit on the next again, and give permission to the program to complete the process.
- Now, at last, restart your System.
However, if the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 is still persistent, then go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Install the QuickBooks Software again.
- Open the Control Panel from the start menu.
- Then hit on the Programs and Features option, and select the program to uninstall.
- Now, choose the latest QuickBooks version from the given list and delete it.
Note: Ensure that you have created the backup before deleting it so that you don’t face any loss.
- Then install it again via an authentic CD or any official source.
- Now, go to the location where the QuickBooks file is downloaded, and select the QuickBooks.exe tab.
- Now double-click and follow the process and keep selecting Next to proceed and read the entire software licensing agreements.
- Provide the required information to the License number Product key.
- Then Hit on the Next Button.
- After that, select the Scan option to do the complete scan & look for the error.
- Now, finish the process by clicking on the Repair all option to get rid of the error.
Solution 5: Change the Registry Editor Extension
- Open the Run Window, and enter ‘cmd’ or ‘Command’ in the search box. Don’t press Enter, but instead, press Ctrl + Shift and then Enter.
- After that, a permission dialog box will appear, where you have to select between Yes or Cancel. Hit on Yes.
- Now, a new blank black window will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Type Regedit and hit on the Enter button.
- Now in the registry editor windows, search for the QuickBooks payroll update error 12152 -related key.
- Next, go to the File option, and select the Export option.
- After that, save the Internet Explorer or Chrome backup key in a particular folder, and save the file with the name you want.
- Select a required branch.
- At last, hit on Save, and verify if your file gets saved in the required location along with .reg extension.
By following this blog, your QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 problem can be resolved. However, If you are still facing issues, then you can consult our professional experts for further assistance. Mail us your query or share your concern via live chat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 might evoke while attempting to update the payroll subscription. In other instances, it may arise due to improper internet settings or while accessing the obsolete QuickBooks desktop. To know more about the reasons, read the pointers below.
- Sometimes, it may be caused due to corrupt Windows Registry.
- In other instances, it may evoke due to partial or unfinished software installation.
- It might trigger while accessing an unsupported version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Ans. You can easily recover the latest backup to resolve QuickBooks Error 12152. To do that, perform the steps outlined below.
- In the initial stage, move to the QuickBooks application and launch it.
- After this, you must head towards the File menu.
- Now, you have to opt for the highlighted Open or Restore Company File option.
- Finally, you have to pick the backup file you wish to save and then proceed further.
Ans. Whenever the users come across QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152, they cannot perform the payroll updates. Moreover, the users also might experience this error when there is a sudden drop in the internet connection.
On the occurrence of the error, users fail to install the latest payroll updates on their devices. Apart from this, you might discover that your system starts responding slowly.
Ans. Generally, the users might be stuck with QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 due to inappropriate internet settings. Therefore, to fix the issue, you must configure the internet settings by implementing the steps below.
- Initially, launch the Run window on your device and move to the Internet Options.
- After this, it will present the Internet Properties box on your screen.
- In the following window, hover your cursor over the Advanced tab > Restore Advanced Settings.
- Thereafter, click on OK and wait for some time until all the last changes are restored.
- Finally, you must relaunch your device and try downloading updates again.
Ans. QuickBooks Tool Hub is a one-stop solution that repairs all your accounting issues. You must run the tool and can try to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152.
To utilize QB Tool Hub, get it from its official website, complete the installation process and run the tool. As a result, you will have all the tools consisting, including Quick Fix My Program, QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, etc. Then, according to the error, you can operate the tool that will suit you best.