Like all the errors that come into the H series in the program, QuickBooks error H303 also can take place when working in the multi-user mode. It usually occurs when the program requires additional configuration to make the company file accessible in multi-user mode.
Sometimes, it can be your Firewall that blocks the communication of the company files, thereby causing the QuickBooks error code H303. There can be multiple reasons that can give rise to this issue in the program. Here is a well-composed post for you that can guide your way through the error resolution.
What is QuickBooks Error Message H303?
QuickBooks error H303 when accessing a file in multi-user mode. When the error occurs, you can get an error message for the same on your machine, which reads –
“Error code: H303
This Company File is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
In addition to this warning, the error message also elaborates on the possible solution that can troubleshoot the QuickBooks error H303. If you are getting this error message, again and again, you need to find its possible reasons and then work for solutions.
What Promotes Error H303 in QuickBooks?
Error code H303 can crop up when in multi-user mode. When the error occurs, it disrupts your current progress, and you need to resolve this error as soon as possible. Below are some of the main reasons why this error actually takes place:
- Damage or corruption in the Network Data (.ND) file.
- Improper working of the system network can also promote it.
- When the hosting is not configured properly, you may get the QuickBooks error H303.
- Communication to the QuickBooks company file is blocked due to restrictive Firewall settings.
- When you are unable to access the company file folders in multi-user mode.
- The error can also take place when some important QuickBooks services are not running.
Now that you have seen multiple issues that can evoke the QuickBooks error H303, you need to troubleshoot them one by one.
What Symptoms To Look For To Identify The QuickBooks Error Code H303?
QuickBooks error H303 can be identified by keeping an eye on the below-given symptoms:
- An error message with the code H303 appears on your screen.
- Trouble while working in multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks software freezes or becomes sluggish when in use.
- A problem when opening the QuickBooks company file.
- Your computer becomes annoyingly slow on the mouse or keyboard inputs.
When any of the following symptoms appear on your screen, you can simply determine that the error has occurred, and it is time to look for its possible fixes.
Troubleshooting Solutions For QuickBooks 2022 Error H303
Let’s follow some of the most relevant solutions to override the concerning error related to QuickBooks multi-user mode. Here we go!
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub To Utilize The Required Tools
QuickBooks Tool Hub is an important utility in the program, which is used to launch the tools in order to resolve some common issues related to the program. The technical issues are arranged in categories so that you can find and launch the right tool for a particular category of the error. Below is how to do it:
- Before you move ahead, close QuickBooks in the first place.
- Thereafter, download the newest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s official website.
- Save the downloaded file somewhere that can easily be accessed when you need to install it.
- Now go to the download location and open the executable file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- After finishing the installation, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to open it.
- If you are unable to find the icon, use the search option in Windows to locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Run QuickBooks Tool Hub To Repair The Company File
QuickBooks Tool Hub is an efficient tool that can resolve the common issues related to the primary QuickBooks data file. Now that you have already installed QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can run it easily:
- When in QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Company File Issues.
- Here, you can select Run QuickBooks Tool Hub to initiate it.
- The tool may take up to one minute to open.
- Now, from within the QuickBooks File Doctor, select your company file using the drop-down menu and select the company file you want to repair using the Browse option.
- Next, select the Check your file option and hit the Continue option.
- Enter the admin password for QuickBooks and hit the Next button.
If you can now switch to multi-user mode without getting an error, it means that the problem is resolved. If not, try the next method.
Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager To Repair Network Issues
Running the multi-user mode requires you to ensure that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service is running. If your Firewall permissions are not properly configured, you may not be able to run the multi-user mode. The server manager tool will repair the permissions, thereby resolving the QuickBooks error H303. Below are the steps:
- Now that you have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your system open it and select Network Issues.
- Next, select QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If QuickBooks is not installed on the server, the tool will prompt you to do so.
- When in QuickBooks Database Server Manager, select the Start Scan option.
- The Database Server Manager will repair the erroneous Firewall permissions to resolve the error.
- Once it is done, select Close.
Now check if the QuickBooks error H303 is fixed or not. If the error continues, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Make Sure That The QuickBooks Hosting Settings Are Correct
In QuickBooks multi-user mode, the hosting should be enabled on the server computer, and it should be disabled on the workstations connected to the network. To check the hosting settings, follow the below-given steps:
- On your server computer, open the QuickBooks application.
- Next, open the File and select Utilities.
- If you see – Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration, move to the workstations.
- If it shows Host Multi-User Configuration, select it.
- On other workstations, select File > Utilities and make sure that it is showing Host Multi-User Configuration.
- If not, change the settings.
These steps can help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks error H303. However, if it brings no luck, check if the next solution can.
Solution 3: Reconfigure Your Firewall Settings
Erroneous Firewall settings are one of the most apparent reasons behind the QuickBooks error H303. To troubleshoot the error, you need to configure it correctly. Below are the steps:
- Start your computer and then select Control Panel.
- Here, you need to go to Firewall Settings using the Control Panel.
- After that, choose Firewall Settings and then Allow a Program through Firewall to move ahead.
- Now hit on Add Program option and then add QuickBooks 20xx (xx shows your QuickBooks edition) to the exception list.
- Restart your computer and check the status of the error to see if it is permanently resolved or not.
This solution prevents QuickBooks files from being scanned by your Firewall application, which blocks their communication for security reasons.
In A Nutshell!
The solutions described in this post are some of the best solutions to perform in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error H303. If you find any difficulty in performing these solutions and need further assistance, get in touch without professionals and explain your problem. They will help you with assured solutions.