Estimated Read Time : 5:00
The Sage 50 not responding error occurs in a system when the application stops responding to the command properly. At times the desktop suddenly freezes and stops accepting commands from the device connected to it. It is a common issue faced by many users. There can be various reasons behind this error, like the presence of some bug in the system, insufficient memory, or hardware issues. So, if you are someone facing this issue read this article to acquire knowledge and fix the Sage 50 Not Responding problem.
“Need an instant fix to the Sage 50 Not Responding problem? Get the best solution as early as possible.”
What is Sage 50 Not Responding issue?
Sage 50 Not Responding error can occur when you try to log in, after login, during the backup time, the purge, or even sometimes Sage 50 Keeps Not Responding for a longer duration due to external or internal problems in your system. Issues like this can create problems for you in accessing the Sage software.
Read Also – Sage 100 Not Printing
Why Sage 50 Stopped working?
Before going further with the troubleshooting, it is necessary to know the reasons first. So let’s look at a few causes that are promoting the Sage 50 Not working problem:
- Sage communication with Windows is not responding properly because of the enabled Windows Compatibility Mode.
- Corrupted company data file.
- Insufficient RAM or System memory.
- Slow Internet Connection.
- Some other software is running in the background.
- Damaged Microsoft .Net system.
- Presence of Antivirus or Security Software can create the Sage Time login problem.
- Administrator privileges are not giving permission to do anything on your computer.
- Issues in Language and provincial settings.
- Your device has no host for the local host.
- You are using an older version of the software.
- The software is not compatible with your operating system.
- Incorrect data size.
How to Identify the Sage not Responding issue?
If you are not sure about the error, you can identify the Sage Not responding error by taking care of the below-given symptoms:
- You System freezes or crashes, or Sage stops working suddenly.
- You will receive a message alert ‘Not Responding’ on your screen at the time of launching the software.
- An unresponsive Message on my Task Manager.
- The software shows Unresponsive status at the time of backing up the data.
Read Also – How to Fix Sage 50 Error 1918?
How to eliminate Sage 50 Not Responding problems?
After discussing the symptoms and possible reasons behind the error, we are all set to discuss and apply the best troubleshooting errors for the Sage 50 Stopped working problem. Below are the solutions:
Note: Total time needed to fix the error is 15 minutes.
Solution 1: Update the Sage 50 software with the Latest Version
- Go to the Service section of the Sage 50 software and click on Check for updates option.
- Next, Click on the download link and update the software to its latest version.
- Then navigate to the installation file and select it to start the installation process.
- You must have login with your administrator rights to use this file.
- If you are using Windows 8, delete all the Compatibility settings.
Solution 2: Modify the Compatibility settings
This solution is for all users using Microsoft version 1709 and Windows 10.
- Initiate the process by double-clicking on the Sage icon.
- Thereafter, go to the properties option from the menu.
- Now, direct to the Compatibility option.
- Select the Change Settings for all Users option and click on compatibility mode.
- Next, choose the Program.
- Theron, select Windows 8, form the options and hit ok.
- At last, open your Sage 50 software and verify if the error still exists.
Read Also – How to Download Sage 100 Contractor?
Solution 3: Uninstall and Re-install the Actian Zen/Pervasive
- Close Sage 50 Account software.
- Then go to the Run Window.
- Now, provide the control panel details and click on ok.
- Select Program and features.
- Thereafter, uninstall all the available versions of Actian PSQL 13 Workgroup R2.
- Now, you have to close the Control Panel.
- Then again, Go to the Run window.
- Write C:\, followed by selecting Ok.
- Next, you have to delete the folders pvsw & pvswarch.
- Thereon, verify for the file named PSQL_V[version number]_Install.log , and search for C:\Windows .
- Now, again you have to delete pvsw.log and browse C:\ProgramData
- Rename the Pervasive app folder to OldPervasive software, then search for C:\Program Files(x86).
- Next, you have to rename the Actian folder to OLDActian and look for C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Now, turn off the system, and start the Run window again.
- Then to proceed further, enter Regedit and click on ok.
- Now, right-click on your system, and click on the Export option.
- Save the registry backup to the system’s desktop, and search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node.
- Next, verify if the appear pervasive software & PEYX489ZK and turn off the editor named Registry box.
Solution 4: Manage the Processor and Memory speed
- Review if the system meets the minimum RAM needs for the installed Sage 50 version. As this can also create a hindrance for you and stops you from running the application smoothly.
- Now, review the RAM and processor for every workstation.
Note: The suggested minimum RAM for every system is 2GB.
- Now, start the Window and provide the MSConfig, and hit on Ok to give permission.
- Next, click on the Yes option.
- Select the Boot option.
- Thereafter, select the Advanced option.
- If you have selected the Number of processors, then delete them, and click on Ok.
- At last, restart your computer.
Read Also – How to Restoring Sage 50 Company Data?
Solution 5: Use User Account Control (UAC) option
- Select the Windows Start tab.
- Now, in the search box, Write UAC.
- Thereafter, select Change User Account Control Settings.
- Next, you have to slider to Go to the Never notify Option
- Now, click on the Ok Option.
- A message will display on your screen as “Do you want to allow this app to make changes?”
- Hit Ok.
- At the end, restart the device to let the system accept and apply the modification.
Solution 6: Sharing the Security and Permission
In case the permission of the data folder is incorrect, it can slow down the performance of Sage 50 in Windows 10. So you have to make sure that each of the workstations is mapped correctly with the network drive to a shared folder in place of the sub-folder.
However, in case of mapping issues, you have to remap the drive.
After trying all the described solutions, if you are still struggling with the Sage 50 not responding problem, then it might be possible that your system is having some kind of technical problem that is stopping you from fixing the error. In that case, you need to get in touch with the Accounting professional Team and save your time in the error resolution process. Get in contact via email or live chat, and ask all your Queries.