Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Are you using a Canon All-in-one printer to scan photos and documents but don’t know how to do it? No worries, this blog has come up with different solutions to all your queries. Canon fabricates a line of scanning devices that connect to your computer through USB cables. All Canon scanners including Pixma TS, TR, MX, or MG models are compatible with the Mac OS X operating system. To start using one with your Apple desktop or laptop, you need to download or install an updated driver file. Canon’s official website provides download links for each scanner model and each Mac OS X version. To quickly scan any document with your Canon printer, stick out with this blog till the end.
How to Connect Canon Printer with Mac?
Why Do you Need to Use a Canon Printer?
A Canon Printer helps to scan images or documents and save them to your system with much more ease. Not all the printers comes up with a built-in scanner feature to keep an eye on the electronic copy of the pictures and documents. In case you have a Canon printer installed on your system, you can easily access it to scan a document using the native Windows “Fax and Scan” program. Scanning, transferring, and saving the images to the system is as simple as uploading pdfs, reports, or documents.
Dial Our Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
Here’s the Procedure to Scan from Canon to Mac!
Canon offers a variety of printer models with the ability to perform scanning in a proper manner. Every printer that scans from Canon is seamlessly used with the Mac operating system. However, Mac doesn’t ask for any third-party programs to allow your Canon scanner for scanning images to your Mac. You can scan using your Mac with the help of the Image Capture application. Before start scanning, verify whether the scanner is turned on and the image you’ve to scan exists in the scanner or not.
Steps to Scan Using your Mac
- To start off, navigate to the Finder on Mac and click Image Capture.
- Now, you can locate your scanner or printer on the left panel if you’re using a 2-in-1 printer scanner.
- When you click twice on it, you’re prompted to follow the on-screen instructions for installing the printer. Your Mac will automatically find out available drivers online and install them for you.
- Thereafter, you will see a grey area on the window along with the scanned image once you install the printer.
- Make sure that the document you’ve to scan is either on the scanner flatbed or document feeder, whichever one you are going to use.
- Hit the Show Details icon on the lower right of the window.
- Wait for a moment and let the printer scan your document until the settings become clickable.
- After the successful completion of scanning, you need to set the settings on the right panel depending your scanner and the document you want to scan.
- Moving ahead, configure all settings according to your need and then tap on the Scan option available in the lower-right corner of the screen.
10. A preview of the scanned image will start displaying on your Mac window when the scanning takes place. Also, the folder location of the image.
Hopefully, the write-up described here will help you to scan from Canon to Mac and make the entire process easier for you. However, if you’re a new user without having much technical knowledge, then reaching out to our customer care executives is a nice way to get quicker and better assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily send a document to anyone after saving it in Portable Document Format. Even the document you’ve can be read out with the help of a PDF viewer such as Preview or Adobe Acrobat. Perform the below-listed steps to scan and save a document as a pdf on Mac.
- At first, open the document you’d like to save as a PDF on your Mac program.
- Now, choose to File > Print.
- Press the PDF button or click the down arrow to hover over the PDF pop-up menu and then click on Save as PDF.
- Afterward, the PDF pop-up menu starts showing up the PDF commands, including Save as PDF.
- You need to select a name and location for the PDF file and then write down the information you want in the Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords fields.
- After this, you can search the contents of those fields using Spotlight.
- The final step is to tap on Security Options to protect your document with a password. The passwords are required for opening the document, copying from the document, and printing the document as well.
It is found that device drivers are the programs that enable your computer to communicate with installed hardware like scanners. When a computer doesn’t identify a scanner that is connected to it via USB, serial, or parallel port, the problem usually occurs due to outdated, corrupted, or incompatible device drivers. If you’re using worn, crimped, or defective cables to connect your scanner then it can cause computers to fail to recognize scanners.
When you try to connect a scanner, camera, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or other devices with a camera to your Mac, the Image Capture automatically opens up. From the Image Capture app on your Mac, choose the device in the Devices or Shared list. After this, you need to press the Action button in the Image Capture toolbar and lastly, click the “Connecting this [device] opens” pop-up menu to select Image Capture.
Yes, of course, you can. Below are the steps to do so with much more ease, let’s check them out:
- The initial step is to click twice on the image you wish to convert to a PDF. The image will be opened up in Preview, the default photo-viewing app for Mac computers. If it doesn’t, open the Preview app and choose the photo you’d like to convert by tapping on the file name.
- Next, select File and then hit Export as PDF under the Preview menu.
- In the pop-up menu, edit the file name if desired and decide a destination for the file then press the Save button.