Estimated Read Time : 5:00
To change your TurboTax Password or UserID, you can read our article. The TurboTax User ID and Password is the entry into your tax-filing software. Without the proper login credentials, users won’t be able to gain access to their TurboTax account. Therefore, keeping your login details safe from unauthorized access to data is essential.
However, if you have lost your login credentials, you must change your TurboTax password to access your account. This explanatory post covered all the essential information required to restore your account login credentials.
Are you tired of searching for the right procedure to change TurboTax password? Stop wasting your time and call our experts for immediate help.
Dial Our Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
Instructions to Change TurboTax User ID or Password
If you are looking for the proper instructions to change TurboTax User ID or password, then don’t worry. To make it simpler for you, we have listed some of the steps below.
- The first and foremost step is to log in to the TurboTax account. Ensure that you have entered the login credentials associated with the TurboTax account.
- After this, select the Intuit Account option and go to the Manage your Account section.
- Furthermore, hit the Sign In & Security option and proceed to the next step.
- Subsequently, you must select either a User ID or password to make the mandatory changes.
- Mention the new user ID or password appropriately within the respective text fields.
- Finally, ensure that you have stored all the details after mentioning the new user ID or password.
Learn how to change TurboTax Password when forgotten or lost
There might be certain instances when the users forget the TurboTax account password. As a result, it prevents users from accessing the account and stops them from filing taxes. Therefore, to gain access to your TurboTax account, it is necessary to change the TurboTax password using these simple steps.
- To begin with, you first have to reach the Account Recovery Page of TurboTax.
- After that, you must mention personal details such as Phone Number, Email Address, User ID.
- Proceed further as per the instructions displayed on the screen. Doing so, TurboTax will make the necessary changes automatically following the information provided. Along with this, it will also check whether they will remember your device.
- Consequently, you will receive the code to restore your TurboTax account. Otherwise, it will showcase you with the attached lists of accounts as per the information provided.
- Later on, if you cannot restore access to your account, click on “Verify my account a different way” from the Accounts Recovery page. Also, you will be provided with some additional questions to verify your identity.
Alternative Method to Change TurboTax Password
Another method to restore your forgotten TurboTax password by clicking on the Try Something Else option. To know the detailed procedure, you must perform the below steps.
- In the beginning, go to the official website of TurboTax and then hit the Sign In option. You will locate this option at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Consequently, this will take you to the Account Recovery Page itself. Here, you have to click on the Try Something Else option.
- Following this, the window will pop-up on your screen. Here, you need to fill in the following details accurately within their respective text fields:
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Mention the Social Security Number.
- Then, add the ZIP Code in the respective text fields.
- Further, tap on the highlighted Continue button.
- Now, you have to answer the questions asked by TurboTax.
- Finally, you must generate a new password and input it into the required text field. Then, add the same password again to confirm the details and to avoid further discrepancies.
Read Also – How to Upgrade TurboTax?
Revealing the Steps to Change TurboTax Password in your Mobile Application
The users may change their TurboTax password through the Mobile Application also. For that, you have to follow the instructions listed below attentively.
- Begin the process by accessing the TurboTax mobile application.
- After that, you have to mention the following details such as:
- Email Address
- User ID
- Once you have added all the details correctly, opt for the Sign In tab.
- If you have specified your phone number or email address, you must input the verification code you obtained. Later, you have to pick the ID you wish to sign in to your TurboTax account.
- In the next step, tap on the highlighted “Sign in a different way” option.
- As a result, it will display the options depending on the information given by TurboTax. You can sign in to your account without a password if you obtain the Verification Code through the email address or password.
- On the other side, if you cannot access your email address or phone number linked with your TurboTax account. In that case, you must hover your cursor over the “Verify a different way” option. Tapping on the option will take you to the Accounts Recovery Request tool, where you can easily restore your password.
Procedure to Generate a Strong TurboTax Password
That would be difficult to crack if you wish to generate a strong and unique password for your TurboTax account. Then, in that case, you must create the password by following the criteria listed below;
- You must include 8 to 32 characters while generating a strong password.
- Make sure your password consists of one uppercase and one lowercase letter.
- Avoid using your Birth Date or your name as the password.
- Also, you mustn’t use the same password for multiple accounts, as it may increase the chances of cracking it.
- Always prefer to generate a long password as it would be difficult to guess and crack for hackers.
Read Also – TurboTax Error 42015
Wrapping It Up!!
At this point, we conclude this post here on how to change TurboTax Password and User ID. We hope you have all answers to your queries regarding restoring the forgotten or lost password. However, if it doesn’t, you can reach out to our TurboTax professionals via live chat or email. You will get an instant resolution to your query within the shortest possible time.