Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Nowadays, almost half of the population depends on TurboTax Software to file their state and federal taxes. You can access it from your Laptop, Desktop, Tablet, Smartphone, iPad, iPhone, or any other device, because of its great user-friendly interface and highly relevant features. The software is the best option if you don’t want to be dependent on someone else for your taxes.
It is an expensive tool, and everyone wants it to work perfectly. However, things can’t be consistent every day. At times your TurboTax software may face different kinds of issues which then leads to you not being able to access your TurboTax account. So if your TurboTax Won’t Open, you can follow this blog and get a complete guide to fix this issue.
But before going further with the troubleshooting methods, let’s understand the reasons why you are facing issues with your TurboTax account.
Why Won’t TurboTax Open?
You get frustrated when you need to file your taxes, but your TurboTax software won’t open, but what is the reason behind it? Why is your TurboTax won’t opening properly? Let’s understand it briefly.
The reasons why you are facing TurboTax issues are:
- You are using an expired version of TurboTax Software.
- Your TurboTax Account subscription has expired.
- Your device has corrupted Windows Files.
- Hard Disk is Full. i.e., There is no storage left.
- Your device has some manufacturing issue that is creating a hindrance while accessing the TurboTax account.
- Presence of Viruses or Malware.
How can I fix TurboTax Won’t Open or Load?
Suppose you face a TurboTax won’t load issue, then follow these methods to fix this error.
- Check if your installed version of TurboTax is compatible with your device’s operating system.
- Then put the TurboTax installation CD into the optical drive of your system.
- Now, right-click on the CD Driver icon.
- After that, check the list of different options, and from that, select open.
- Then find the TurboTax setup file and right-click on it.
- Now choose Troubleshoot compatibility from the given menu.
- After verifying if your loading issue is eliminated or not.
After this, let’s see what are the troubleshoots available for TurboTax Won’t open.
TurboTax Won’t Open on Mac
There can be various reasons why you are facing issues while accessing your TurboTax software on a mac device. So, before initiating your search for troubleshooting ways, you first have to meet all the TurboTax System requirements.
To troubleshoot them and fix your TurboTax Won’t opening problem properly, you can follow these procedures:
- Download and Install the Updated Version.
- Go to the official site of TurboTax and Download it.
- Check the Mac Menu, and hit on the Apple Logo.
- Now, check the System Preference and go to the Security and Privacy Option available there.
- After that, find and select the App store & Identified developers in the General option.
- Then install the TurboTax Software on your Mac.
- Now provide the permission to launch identified Developer’s app
- After seeing an error message on your screen, You must hit the ‘Show in finder’ option.
- Then, the TurboTax application folder will open on your screen.
- Now, to select the option, you have to right-click on your mouse on the TurboTax Product.
- After that, hit the Open button, and the error message will be displayed on your device again.
- Now you have to select to open TurboTax on your Mac device.
Now, if your TurboTax is not opening on Mac even now, then contact the TurboTax customer care team; however, the traffic is very high, and you may not be able to get in touch with them, so instead, contact our TurboTax Experts .
Steps to Fix TurboTax Won’t be working on Windows 10
To fix TurboTax won’t opening problem in your Windows 10 device, follow these steps:
- Check your Internet Speed; if the signal strength is low and you are using wi-fi then, then contact your Internet Service Provider and ask to help, or in case if you are using Cellular data, then restart your device and check the speed again.
- Use an Updated version of TurboTax to get the advantage of all the new features.
- Clear the Cache & Cookies present in your Windows 10 Browser before using TurboTax Account.
- Before initiating the use of TurboTax software, close all the background running apps.
- Do a complete clean-up of your system’s hardware.
- It is recommended to avoid using e-filling in the peak months, like mid – January or mid-April. Use the e- filling in other months that are off-peak.
- Update your Windows 10 to take advantage of all new benefits and access the new features.
- Disable your Firewall for the time you are using TurboTax Software.
You can try to use the above-mentioned steps to remove TurboTax won’t open on windows 10, issue.
Why Is My TurboTax Not Opening on iPhone?
If your TurboTaxis not opening on your iPhone, first, check the basic things like Internet Speed and your Web Browser’s condition; after that, if the problem is persistent, then execute the given steps;
- Update your iPhone, and restart the device.
- Then, enable online mode; for that, you have to visit the TurboTax website.
- Apart from that, if you have a TurboTax app on your iPhone, then uninstall it and install it again.
What To Do If TurboTax Won’t Open on iPad?
To resolve TurboTax not opening on your iPad, you must follow these steps:
- Initially, install the TurboTax app on your device.
- Now, if the app is already installed, look for the update.
- Then, update the iOS version of your iPad to the latest version and restart the device.
- At last, try to install and uninstall your TurboTax app. If your TurboTax app still won’t open, and you are stuck in the loop, then call and ask for technical help.
TurboTax won’t Open without Updating.
If you want to use your TurboTax app without updating, then follow these steps:
1. Switch off your wi-fi connection or disconnect the cellular data,
2. Go to the TurboTax app, and you will get the update message, but the message will be changed now; it will appear as “to get software updates, you need to connect to the Internet.”
3. Hit the Cancel option; TurboTax software will be open now.
4. Then switch on the wi-fi or cellular data to reconnect your system to the internet.
5. Next time when you will open the TurboTax, it will open without showing any message for an update.
However, this is a temporary process; someday, you must go for the updates to eliminate TurboTax won’t open problems.
TurboTax won’t Open Last Year’s Return.
The TurboTax user may encounter issues while login into their account and accessing their last year’s return. This may happen because of the server. If the server of your TurboTax Tax Return server is down, it can create big trouble for you, which ends up with login difficulty.
So, if your TurboTax software also won’t open Last year’s return check about it’s server on google; then, if the problem is in the server, you have to wait for some time and log in again.
Other than that, there can be different problems like:
- Internet Speed, Check the cellular data or wi-fi connection. If there is any issue, restart them for better internet connectivity.
- Verify your login credential, and check if there is any spelling error in your TurboTax username or password.
- The TurboTax return app is facing an error while updating to the new and latest version.
- Check the storage space in your Phone to ensure that it has enough storage to download the updates.
- If you are using any third-party social networking app (FaceBook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) to access the TurboTax software, then check their server as well.
- Or your TurboTax account may be terminated for some time as a result of your previous action. So, please go through the error message appearing on your screen.
In this blog, we tried to cover everything related to your TurboTax Won’t open error, but if you still find any technical difficulties while troubleshooting it, you can contact our TurboTax Professional experts team and tell them your Query. They are available 24*7 to help you.