Estimated Read Time : 5:00
TurboTax is the world’s leading tax-filing software businesses use to manage their tax-related tasks. Despite being An outstanding taxation software, it’s still prone to certain technical flaws and errors. Amongst one of them is TurboTax Error 42015, which might evoke if the specified proxy server is invalid. Moreover, the error might pop up when the software cannot connect using the proxy server.
An Overview of TurboTax Error 42015 and Solution
Whenever the error occurs, the following alert message prompts on your screen indicating:
“Could not connect to the update site (Error 42015: The proxy name could not be resolved: ‘http’) occurs when attempting to update TurboTax”.
However, there are plenty of other reasons that might lead to TurboTax Error Code 42015. Therefore, to inform you about all such causes, we have explained some of them in this post. Also, we have elaborated some of the simple resolution methods to resolve the issue below.
Looking for immediate assistance to overcome TurboTax Error 42015?
Dial Toll Free Number: +1-855-362-0770
and connect with our experts to get simple solutions to fix the error within no time.
Reasons Behind the Occurrence of TurboTax Error Code 42015
Knowing the root cause behind the TurboTax Error 42015 will help you understand the issue. This is so that you can apply the troubleshooting method according to the cause of the error. Read the points listed below to know all the factors that might contribute to the error.
- Invalid proxy server settings is one of reasons that may lead to TurboTax Error 42015.
- You cannot connect with the TurboTax application because of the proxy server.
- Improper installation of the TurboTax software may also be responsible.
- Sometimes, it may occur due to the improper deletion of the software.
How to Identify If you are Facing TurboTax Error 42015?
Here we have mentioned some of the signs and symptoms using which you can easily determine TurboTax Error 42015.
- The users might get an error message on their computer screen.
- Also, you might experience that your device starts responding slowly.
- On the occurrence of the TurboTax Error 42015, the users might discover that their system begins to crash or freeze suddenly.
- Moreover, Windows stops responding the way it should respond.
Simple Troubleshooting Methods to Fix TurboTax Error 42015
After knowing the root causes that may trigger TurboTax Error 42015, you can easily resolve the issue. Therefore, to update you regarding the same, we have listed some of them below.
1st Solution: Turn Off the Proxy Server Settings
Before initiating the process, you must generate a backup of your tax-related data. By creating a data backup, you can have complete security of lost or damaged data. To prepare the backup:
- Move to the File option > Save As button.
- After this, look where you wish to store your backup file.
- Tap on Save and go ahead to disable the use of a proxy server to resolve the issue.
Disable With Internet Explorer
- Begin the process by opening Internet Explorer on your system.
- Afterwards, hit the Gear icon and then open the Options tab.
- Following this, move to the Connections tab and access the LAN Settings.
- Now, you have to mark the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” checkbox.
- At last, save the desired changes and try to get the latest update of your system.
Disable With Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel window by typing “Control Panel” within the search column of the Start menu.
- After this, hover your cursor over the Network and Internet options at the side panel.
- Move to the Connections tab and then click on LAN Settings.
- Now, make sure that you have unchecked the “Use proxy server settings” checkbox.
- At last, save the necessary changes and then update your PC.
2nd Solution: Get the latest Updates Downloaded
You might be stuck with TurboTax Error 42015 due to a system error; the problem could be the server also. Therefore, download the updates of the software manually. For that, you must perform the below-listed steps attentively. Check them out.
- Initially, ensure that you have closed all the applications and
- TurboTax programs running in the background.
- You must get the manual updates file from the link and ensure that you have opted for the appropriate year. Then, download the updates by following the instructions listed on the screen.
- Once the downloading is completed, save the file on your PC and begin the updating process.
- You can again perform the on-screen guidelines to accomplish the manual update process.
3rd Solution: Stop the Conflicts with the programs
- In the initial stage, press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together to launch the Task Manager on your device.
- Following this, move to the Processes tab and end the process one by one by highlighting each program. Further, hit the End Process button.
- You need to verify whether the error is still recurring on the screen.
- Once you determine which program is causing the error, move toward the next resolution method.
4th Solution: Try to Update/Reinstall the Conflicting Programs
- In the initial stage, go to the Start menu. Then, type Control Panel within the search column and hit the Enter key.
- As a result, it will take you to the Control Panel window and choose the Uninstall a Program option.
- Following this, search and opt for the Program option from the list of options available.
- After that, you must right-click on the Application’s Name and then hit on the Repair or Uninstall option.
- Next, hover your cursor over the Program Problems followed by the Update/Uninstall option.
5th Solution: Install the Runtime Libraries Again
- Firstly, you must uninstall the TurboTax application using the Programs and Features option.
- Now, you need to look for the Microsoft Visual C++ redistribution package.
- Following this, select the Uninstall option. Once the process is over, you should relaunch your system.
- At last, you have to get the most recently launched version of the redistributable package from Microsoft and then reinstall it.
6th Solution: Get Rid of Internet-Related Issues
Sometimes, the users might come across TurboTax Error 42015 due to issues with the Internet connection. Therefore, to fix the issue, it is essential to reconfigure your browser’s settings. For that, follow the below-listed points carefully.
- Reset Your Web Browser
- Windows 7 users must click on the Start menu and then move to the Control Panel.
- Soon after this, go to the Internet Options > Advanced tab > Reset button.
- The Windows 8 and 10 users, click on the Search option followed by Internet Options.
- At last, move to the Advanced tab and hit the Reset option.
- Disable Script Debugging and Error Notifications
- First of all, from the Internet Options window, navigate to the Advanced tab and
- then look for Disable Script Debugging.
- Ensure you have marked the checkbox next to the “Radio” button.
- After this, unmark the checkbox of the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item.
- Then click on the Apply option followed by Ok.
- End the process by rebooting your Windows PC.
7th Solution: Clear Up Disk Storage Space
There might be the possibility that the users won’t be able to install the TurboTax software due to a lack of disk storage space. Therefore, running the disk cleanup to free up space on your hard disk is necessary to improve the system’s performance. To do so, you have to consider the following points listed below.
- Before starting the process, don’t forget to create a backup of your TurboTax-related files.
- After this, remove your cache and unnecessary files from your device and restart your PC.
- Next, you have to run the Disk Cleanup, access the Explorer window, and then the Directory.
- At last, choose the option of Properties followed by the Disk Cleanup option.
8th Solution: Try Reinstalling your Graphics Driver Again
- In the beginning, you have to open the Device Manager on your system.
- Soon after this, navigate to the Graphic Driver and click on it.
- Afterwards, all you have to do is right-click on the Video Card Driver option.
- Following this, hit the Uninstall option and then relaunch your PC.
- Later, you have to reinstall your graphic drivers and then check whether the issue is resolved.
With this, we hope that the solutions mentioned in this post will help you resolve the TurboTax error 42015. However, you can consult with our highly-trained professionals if the error still exists. You can clarify all your doubts by consulting our experts via live chat or email.