QuickBooks, accounting software used by almost every American, offers an abundance of features for its users to make its usage efficient and effective. However, it does get a bit complicated, too, at the same time. Not everyone understands how and where to find every feature and option and ends up asking questions, such as where is the gear icon in QuickBooks.
In this blog, we will provide you with guidance on the gear icon. We will introduce you to where to find gear icon, what is its functions, and much more. Go stay connected and read this blog till the very end to get all the necessary information.
What is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks?
If we talk about what the Gear icon actually is, then in simple terms, it represents a menu where you find various options to go ahead with the operations. After accessing these options, you can perform various functions, including entering your everyday transactions, managing accounts chart, reconciling your balance, and much more.
Now, if you are wondering where is the gear icon in QuickBooks, continue reading.
Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks?
You can locate the gear icon in your QuickBooks Desktop very easily. The icon is a wheel-like symbol, present beside the corporate identity. It is available on the homepage of the QuickBooks Desktop. Under this icon, you can find lists, tools, settings, and the company.
Services Available Under the Gear Icon
Let us first see what are the different services under the Gear Icon.
There you can see the entire list of products and services available. You can also see the transactions happening,
Under Settings, you can make changes to your company information, use various templates, and set up fields.
Tools are used to do the reconciliation with the bank. Additionally, you can also set a fixed budget for yourself. You can also import the list of items and charts of accounts with the help of tools.
This is where you will find the entire information of your QuickBooks account and can manage it.
What if the Gear Icon Disappears?
There is a possibility that you do not find the gear icon where it is supposed to be. This can happen if you make any changes to the features. In such a situation, simply try one of the further-mentioned solutions.
Why does the gear icon disappear?
Before getting into the solutions to locate the gear icon, it is important to understand what makes the icon disappear. This is important because it is highly unlikely that the Settings icon vanishes from the software.
When it comes to QuickBooks, the icon can disappear because of the unnecessary cache/browser cookies available on your browser. To avoid the same, you can either open the incognito mode and use QuickBooks there or clear cache and then open the application. Using incognito mode is helpful in this case since incognito mode does not keep any browsing history. It automatically removes all the cache and browsing history.
Troubleshooting Solutions To Locate The Gear Icon
Solution 1: Open QuickBooks in Incognito Mode
If you use QuickBooks Online, then this solution is for you. All you need to do is open the application in incognito mode.
- For Chrome: Press Ctrl+Shift+N
- For Firefox: Use Ctrl+Shift+P
- For Safari: Enter Ctrl+Shift+N
Now, open the application in this incognito mode, and you will have the Gear Icon back.
Solution 2: Delete Cache
If you are still unable to access the gear icon, you must try deleting the cache from your browser.
If you use Chrome to use QuickBooks, here is how you can remove cache from your history:
- Go to Google Chrome.
- Press Ctrl + H to open your browser history.
- On the left side of the page, from the list of available options, click on the clear browsing data.
- A new pop-up will appear on your computer screen.
- Here, you need to select the time range that you want to clear cache from.
- Now, click on the All-time option.
- Make sure you have marked all the boxes.
- Finally, click on the Clear data button.
- Open the browser on your apple device.
- Go to the History page.
- Now, choose on the clear history option.
- Next, select the time range and date.
- Lastly, select Clear History.
- From the Start menu, go to Mozilla Firefox.
- Once the browser is open, go to the menu. It is available in the top right corner.
- Now select Options, and a drop-down list will appear before you.
- Here, look for the Privacy and Security Panel.
- Next, from the Cookies and Site data option, click on the Clear Data.
- Again, make sure that you check all the boxes. This way, you can ensure that you do not leave anything behind.
- At last, hit the Clear button.
- To initiate the process, open Microsoft Edge on your system.
- Here, go to Settings and More and click on the same.
- From the list of available options, select Privacy, and Services.
- Next, choose the Clear Browsing data tab and go through the list that appears.
- Furthermore, enter the time range and save it.
- Now, tick-mark all the available options, including passwords, auto-fill forms, etc.
- Once done, click on the Clear option to get rid of the cache.
No matter if you use QuickBooks Online or Desktop, it can get difficult at times that you are unable to navigate the get button. This blog was prepared when we got questions like where is the gear icon in QuickBooks. However, there are times that the gear button disappears from its original place. Here, you will find some troubleshooting solutions that you can go for to get the issue resolved.
In case you still have questions or are unable to locate the icon, you always have the option to get in touch with our team and ask for some expert advice. Our professionals are working around the clock to make sure that they provide the best services whenever required. All you need to do is pick up your phone, dial our number XXX or just send us an email at [email protected]. We will be at your service as soon as we receive your query.
1. Why should I clear the cache if I fail to locate the gear icon in QuickBooks?
The cache is basically the information that is saved when you use a browser to access any website or save any information, such as passwords. The cache and cookies can, at times, create a hindrance in your browser experience. In order to resolve it, it is important to remove it from time to time.
2. What does the gear icon look like in QuickBooks?
The gear icon is the same as the settings icon. To be more specific, it is a wheel-like symbol that looks like a tool. People also know this icon as the Settings icon, so there is no need to get confused between the two.
3. What all options are available under the gear icon?
The gear icon is available at the top right corner in QuickBooks. You can locate it between the + sign and the Help button. In QuickBooks, you can access the following options under the gear icon:
4. Where can I get my company’s information in QuickBooks?
If you are looking for your company details or want to make an edit to the same, you need to go to the gear icon. Under the gear icon, you will find four different options. Click on the Company tab, and there it is. Here, you can take a look at the details and make edits to the same.
5. How can I delete my browsing history in Chrome?
If you use Google Chrome to run QuickBooks online and are unable to locate the gear icon, clearing the browsing history might help you. This is how you can do the same.
- Go to the browser from the Start menu on your desktop.
- Now, go to the History tab. You can either find it beside the search bar, or you can simply press Ctrl + H keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Once you are on the History page, click on the Clear Browsing Data tab from the list available on the left side of the page.
- The browser will take you to a new window where you need to enter the time range and select all the options, such as download history, images, passwords, and more.
- Now that you have all the options marked, simply hit the Clear Data option, and you are good to go.
6. What is the major reason behind the disappearing gear icon?
The gear icon can disappear from the QuickBooks majorly because of all the browsing history available on your browser.
You can relocate the icon by using one of the following solutions:
- Using incognito mode to open QuickBooks
- Also, clearing the cache from your browser.
- Open QuickBooks in another browser that supports the application
- Additionally, make your browser the default internet browser
- Make sure that there is no issue with your browser’s settings